More record heat

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Temperature hits fourth record this month
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 7:05 PM

The Columbus Dispatch

It feels more like June than April. But, central Ohio's streak of record warmth is nearing an end.

The thermometer peaked at 84 degrees at Port Columbus at 3:31 p.m., eclipsing the former record of 83 degrees set in 1929.

Today is the fourth record-setting day of the month, following record highs of 81 on Thursday, 84 on Friday and 80 on Saturday.

Temperature hits fourth record this month | The Columbus Dispatch

Temperature sets Berks record; more unusual warmth expected

Reading Eagle

The official temperature surged to 88 degrees today, setting a record for April 6 in the Reading area, and the forecast for Wednesday of a high near 90 could make for another record.

The temperature at Reading Regional Airport, the official weather site in the Reading area, eclipsed the previous mark of 86 for the date, recorded in 1942.

At the time, the temperature was measured on National Weather Bureau equipment at Fifth and Court streets.

The mercury topped out at 89 degrees today on Reading Eagle instruments at Fourth and Court.

AccuWeather.com is forecasting a high of 88 on Wednesday. If reached, it would tie the high temperature for the date, recorded in 1929 and 1991.

The earliest 90-degree reading in any year was April 14, 1941.

Temperature sets Berks record; more unusual warmth expected

Monday's temperature ties highest on record
By NICOLE YOUNG • The Tennessean • April 6, 2010

Monday’s temperature of 87 degrees in Nashville tied the highest on record for the date of April 5th, Meteorologists with the National Weather Service in Nashville said Tuesday.

The daily record was set in 1967 and also in 1873.
The temperature was also significant because it was the warmest recorded in Nashville since August 27, 2009 when the high reached 90 degrees, said Meteorologist Bobby Boyd.

Monday's temperature ties highest on record | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Nothing new. We get a blast of heat every April and then things go back to "normal".

Well good for those folks. Glad to hear it.
The lengthened growing season will be helpful for them. Now if a little more Co2 can be generated, it'll be just like tossing some fertilizer to those crops.

I'm still waiting for one repeatable laboratory experiment that can demonstrate the instantaneous, cataclysmic changes that occur when you increase CO2 from 280 to 500PPM.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Who couldnt have guessed that every environmental k00k in America would come out of the woodwork today...........but were curiously absent when the whole damn country was getting dumped on with ten feet of snow just two months ago!!!

:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface:

My friend owns a HVAC company. We have had record heat here the last week. He states he has never had this much work on AC in early April.
Ever.

Well, here in Oregon, it seemed like May in March, and so far this April, it has seemed like March. Nice to be getting additional snow in the mountains.

I'm still waiting for one repeatable laboratory experiment that can demonstrate the instantaneous, cataclysmic changes that occur when you increase CO2 from 280 to 500PPM.
-----------------------------

I don't think you'd get anything cataclysmic is a laboratory setting, but it's easily demonstratable that more CO2 absorbs more infra-red radiation. Considering that conservation of energy is a scientific principle that can't be ignored and that half the absorbed energy will likely radiate into space, where's the other half going, but to heat the earth?

-----------------------------

I don't think you'd get anything cataclysmic is a laboratory setting, but it's easily demonstratable that more CO2 absorbs more infra-red radiation. Considering that conservation of energy is a scientific principle that can't be ignored and that half the absorbed energy will likely radiate into space, where's the other half going, but to heat the earth?

We're not Venus with a 97% CO2 atmosphere.

We're talking about a deminimus increase in an atmospheric trace element that wouldn't even register on early instrument without the necessary sensitivity.

Forum List

Back