More polishing....

Really want to disasseble the new S&W 610 for polishing but I have to wait until I get my garage cleaned up since I'm still a gimp after all the surgeries.
I think Ive found the right combo for the task after realizing hand polishing wasnt going to cut it unless I wanted to grow older than I already am during the process.
Got some cotten wheels to go with the the Flitz polish and it's a huge difference!!
Spent 5 minutes on the barrel and the difference is amazing!!!
You can really see the difference between the barrel the frame and the cylinder that I havent touched.
View attachment 472371

Very nice! I've been wanting a revolver to keep my other guns company, but I don't know what yet.

If you just want a good revolver with plenty of power I'd reccomend the S&W .357,you can shoot .38's through it that have less recoil for target practice and load it with .357 for home defense.
The S&W 610 in 10mm. is slightly more powerful than the .357 but the ammo for the .357 is more readily available....at least in normal times.
I specifally wanted the 10mm. so I could have it reamed to accept the 10mm. Magnum which is a wildcat round thats hard to come by unless you buy from custom ammo manufacturers or you reload your own.
All and all the .357 is the most powerfull revolver that anyone can shoot.

Thanks much for the info... I have shot James' .357. My brother in law is going to let me take a few of his out to see if any strike my fancy... I think they all strike my fancy. I even love James' black powder revolvers. Lots of fun to shoot.

Really want to disasseble the new S&W 610 for polishing but I have to wait until I get my garage cleaned up since I'm still a gimp after all the surgeries.
I think Ive found the right combo for the task after realizing hand polishing wasnt going to cut it unless I wanted to grow older than I already am during the process.
Got some cotten wheels to go with the the Flitz polish and it's a huge difference!!
You can really see the difference between the barrel the frame and the cylinder that I havent touched.
View attachment 472371

That's what I used to do the trigger job on my Glock: Dremel tool, buffer wheels, and Flizt. Thank God for firearms disassembly videos on Youtube. I want to do the same thing to the Taurus G2C, if I can ever get off my lazy ass.

Damned pretty gun BTW! And Marlboros to boot. I smoke the long black full-flavored ones but at damned near $10 a pack, that might have to change soon.

10 Bucks a Pack!!!!
Where do you live?....fucken Canaduh?

$9.75 if you buy them individually, and quickly approaching $10. We must have high cigarette taxes here.

Thats no shit!!
I pay a little over five bucks here in Texas.
But then I also remember walking into a convenience store back in the early 80's and buying a six pack and a pack of smokes with a five dollar bill and walking out with paper change.

I remember buying smokes on the ship when I was in the Navy. Once we were outside the US waters, they were 25 cents a pack. This was '81 & '82.

I was paying around 45 cents a pack in the early 80's here in Texas.
A six pack was around three bucks or slightly less depending what brand you bought and where you bought it.
In those days it was Miller High Life for me.

View attachment 472371

That's what I used to do the trigger job on my Glock: Dremel tool, buffer wheels, and Flizt. Thank God for firearms disassembly videos on Youtube. I want to do the same thing to the Taurus G2C, if I can ever get off my lazy ass.

Damned pretty gun BTW! And Marlboros to boot. I smoke the long black full-flavored ones but at damned near $10 a pack, that might have to change soon.

10 Bucks a Pack!!!!

$9.75 if you buy them individually, and quickly approaching $10. We must have high cigarette taxes here.

Thats no shit!!
But then I also remember walking into a convenience store back in the early 80's and buying a six pack and a pack of smokes with a five dollar bill and walking out with paper change.

I remember buying smokes on the ship when I was in the Navy. Once we were outside the US waters, they were 25 cents a pack. This was '81 & '82.

A six pack was around three bucks or slightly less depending what brand you bought and where you bought it.

I remember saying I would quit of they hit $1 a pack. The most I ever spent was $9 for a pack from a cigarette machine in a bar.

Do they still make cigarette machines?

View attachment 472371

Very nice! I've been wanting a revolver to keep my other guns company, but I don't know what yet.

If you just want a good revolver with plenty of power I'd reccomend the S&W .357,you can shoot .38's through it that have less recoil for target practice and load it with .357 for home defense.
The S&W 610 in 10mm. is slightly more powerful than the .357 but the ammo for the .357 is more readily available....at least in normal times.
I specifally wanted the 10mm. so I could have it reamed to accept the 10mm. Magnum which is a wildcat round thats hard to come by unless you buy from custom ammo manufacturers or you reload your own.

Thanks much for the info... I have shot James' .357. My brother in law is going to let me take a few of his out to see if any strike my fancy... I think they all strike my fancy. I even love James' black powder revolvers. Lots of fun to shoot.

Nice to hear you like shooting the .357
It's plenty powerful for stopping any dickhead ya want to stop and the recoil is easily manaegable by most everyone.

View attachment 472371

10 Bucks a Pack!!!!

Thats no shit!!

I remember saying I would quit of they hit $1 a pack. The most I ever spent was $9 for a pack from a cigarette machine in a bar.

Couldnt tell you.
I havent been in a bar in at least ten years.
Or at least bars that sold cigarettes from a machine.

View attachment 472371

I don't need a gun, because I believe that the pen is mightier than the sword. :muahaha:

View attachment 472371

I don't need a gun, because I believe that the pen is mightier than the sword. :muahaha:

Who do you think you are......John Wick?

They banned those in MN years ago. How we used to get smokes when under age. Even had one at a doughnut shop.
I remember my parents sending me to corner store with a note to get them smokes when I was about 8. I got to spend the change on candy cigarettes. :smoke:

Forum List

Back