More mass shootings than what makes the news

Sadly, it's a numbers game. 20 rings out louder than one.

As I said before, women and children and men were killed in industrial accidents before the Triangle Shirtwaist fire. But when the death toll rings up the shocking numbers all at once, attention is paid and causes congeal. It's not a race problem, it's a gun violence problem.

And just as the rural White fifth grader killed by his father's improperly secured shotgun does not make the national news, the urban Black fifth grader shot in cross fire does not attract national attention. The two kids are still dead at the barrel of a gun. But if 20 kids are shot at once, the problem is magnified, be they Black, Latino, White, Asian or Aborigine.

20 rings out louder than one.

one?.....add up how many inner city kids are killed or wounded because of gun violence in a month around the Country and i think you will find it comes out to more than one
True. But an individual tragedy does not make the waves a massacre does. That does not diminish the depths of sadness and horror of the individual shooting. But, as I said, 20 rings louder than one.

you do realize that you are mirroring the attitude of the lawmakers around the Country...."those 30 non white kids who were shot last month,as tragic as that may be.....lets wait until a group of them are shot.....then we will talk".....

Yeah, just another excuse to take away guns from law abiding citizens.

Hint: It's the ones breaking the law we should be worried about.

That is all well and good, but you can't do anything about that until they actually kill someone, which is why you need BACKGROUND CHECKS!

We have background checks.
He passed background checks.
But, sometimes, situations change.

What is really needed is more open communication.
I can spend 6 months in Chattahoochee (look it up) but buy a handgun in Georgia, because I don't have a criminal record.

It is obsene. And it won't stop until we address the real problem instead of pushing a stupid gun control aganda.

The real problem IS guns. If the shooters had not had guns, none of this would have happened. It doesn't happen in other countries because other countries have strict gun laws. Duh.

You mean like when Derrick Bird killed 12 people in England, a country with strict gun control laws?

Or maybe you mean like when the high school in Erfurt Germany was shot up and 18 kids killed in 2002, another country with strict gun laws.

Or maybe in 2006 when 11 were killed in a school in Emsdetten, Germany. Those German gun laws work great.

You mean like when Derrick Bird killed 12 people in England, a country with strict gun control laws?

Or maybe you mean like when the high school in Erfurt Germany was shot up and 18 kids killed in 2002, another country with strict gun laws.

Or maybe in 2006 when 11 were killed in a school in Emsdetten, Germany. Those German gun laws work great.

This kind of argument doesn't work; it's stupid to try to pretend it does. How often do those kinds of things happen in the UK, or any other country, compared to the US? Rarely. Whereas, in the US, it seems to be almost every day, or every week. One in the UK in 2002. One in Germany in 2006. Hundreds in the US in one year.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back