More evidence for human evolution

orogenicman

Darwin was a pastafarian
Jul 24, 2013
Neanderthal lineages excavated from modern human genomes -- ScienceDaily

A substantial fraction of the Neanderthal genome persists in modern human populations. A new approach for analyzing whole-genome sequencing data from 665 people from Europe and East Asia shows that more than 20 percent of the Neanderthal genome survives in the DNA of this contemporary group. Significant amounts of population-level DNA sequences might be obtained from extinct groups even in the absence of fossilized remains, because these archaic sequences might have been inherited by other individuals from whom scientists can gather genomic data.

What's so bad about evolution? It's the natural progression of things.
What's important is that we all originated from the same moment.

Nous sommes du soleil.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64lyI_GdGuQ]The Ritual by Yes FULL - YouTube[/ame]

Neanderthal lineages excavated from modern human genomes -- ScienceDaily

A substantial fraction of the Neanderthal genome persists in modern human populations. A new approach for analyzing whole-genome sequencing data from 665 people from Europe and East Asia shows that more than 20 percent of the Neanderthal genome survives in the DNA of this contemporary group. Significant amounts of population-level DNA sequences might be obtained from extinct groups even in the absence of fossilized remains, because these archaic sequences might have been inherited by other individuals from whom scientists can gather genomic data.

Did you get too much Neanderthal in your DNA? Is there an actual reason you are obsessed with making threads about something that only matters to whackadoodles?

We need a Scientific Inquisition where we burn at the stake people who don't submit to Science and cling to religion. I am SO sick of hearing from them. :)

We need a Scientific Inquisition where we burn at the stake people who don't submit to Science and cling to religion. I am SO sick of hearing from them. :)

I am even more sick of hearing from idiots that think they understand evolution enough to use it to attack people who believe in God and still accept science. For instance, did you know that orogenicman, despite the fact that he claims to be a geologist who has found a couple of fossils, actually thinks that natural selection guides evolution?

I am even more sick of hearing from idiots that think they understand evolution enough to use it to attack people who believe in God and still accept science. For instance, did you know that orogenicman, despite the fact that he claims to be a geologist who has found a couple of fossils, actually thinks that natural selection guides evolution?

LOL. Well, if the change in the DNA gives rise to traits that are a hinderance to your survival in the environment that you exist in, natural selection will definately remove those traits from the general population.

Yes, natural selection does guide evolution. Your statement simply gives evidence that you have zero understanding of the evolutionary processes at any depth.

LOL. Well, if the change in the DNA gives rise to traits that are a hinderance to your survival in the environment that you exist in, natural selection will definately remove those traits from the general population.

Yes, natural selection does guide evolution. Your statement simply gives evidence that you have zero understanding of the evolutionary processes at any depth.

No it will not.

The simple proof of that is that people with allergies, a trait which is adverse to survival, continue to be born, live, and even reproduce.

But, please, keep telling yourself you know more about evolution than I do.

The simple proof of that is that people with allergies, a trait which is adverse to survival, continue to be born, live, and even reproduce.
???....at any given moment people are being born with various physical traits.....including allergies.....unless you are arguing that we are gradually evolving toward a divergent human species more apt to have allergies, your argument has nothing to do with a discussion of evolution......

???....at any given moment people are being born with various physical traits.....including allergies.....unless you are arguing that we are gradually evolving toward a divergent human species more apt to have allergies, your argument has nothing to do with a discussion of evolution......

No, I am arguing that random mutations that have negative impacts on chances of survival are not eliminated by natural selection because natural selection doesn't guide evolution.

Are you starting to get the idea that you're arguing with a wall, a real dumb wall?

No, I am arguing that random mutations that have negative impacts on chances of survival are not eliminated by natural selection because natural selection doesn't guide evolution.

I can see where one might object to the word "guide", since it implies an intelligent act of causation.......however it is foolish to state that something which has a negative impact on survival does not result in an elimination by natural selection......

all it really comes down to is "shit happens".......

Interesting. Not a single comment or question on the OP. Why is that?

Because all you did is your typical cut and paste. No comment or observation from you. Other than a few hard liners, most everyone agrees with evolution, even the Catholic Church.

So, you are merely engaging in mental masturbation for whatever ego stroking you think you need.

Why waste your time arguing with people who will never change their mind?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Because all you did is your typical cut and paste. No comment or observation from you. Other than a few hard liners, most everyone agrees with evolution, even the Catholic Church.

So, you are merely engaging in mental masturbation for whatever ego stroking you think you need.

Why waste your time arguing with people who will never change their mind?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Because some people do change their minds. Because without scientific education, we would all still be living in caves.

Forum List

Back