More Engineered Future Starvation: CA Has Been Dumping Water into Ocean in Middle of Worst Agricultural Drought

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012
More Biden-created crisis. Along with Klaus Schwab's Young Global Leader Gavin Newsom.

"What they don’t say is that the state has been letting water out of reservoirs across California for months now. And it’s not going to farmers, growers, ranchers or urban use. Environmental policy says the water “flows” from reservoirs are necessary to produce a rebound of endangered Delta smelt and Chinook salmon. However, these policies are a failure as neither species have been collected in all of the latest trawling surveys, where they spend several days a month searching in more than 200 spots. This practice of releasing water and hoping fish improve, has been unsuccessful for nearly 30 years, according to Kristi Diener, a California water expert and third-generation Central Valley farmer. Both species are close to extinction.

Meanwhile, as the reservoir water flows are not saving fish at all, the State of California has known we are heading into a multi year drought. But northern reservoir managers have continued to release water through the Delta, and into the Pacific Ocean anyway."

More Biden-created crisis. Along with Klaus Schwab's Young Global Leader Gavin Newsom.

"What they don’t say is that the state has been letting water out of reservoirs across California for months now. And it’s not going to farmers, growers, ranchers or urban use. Environmental policy says the water “flows” from reservoirs are necessary to produce a rebound of endangered Delta smelt and Chinook salmon. However, these policies are a failure as neither species have been collected in all of the latest trawling surveys, where they spend several days a month searching in more than 200 spots. This practice of releasing water and hoping fish improve, has been unsuccessful for nearly 30 years, according to Kristi Diener, a California water expert and third-generation Central Valley farmer. Both species are close to extinction.

Meanwhile, as the reservoir water flows are not saving fish at all, the State of California has known we are heading into a multi year drought. But northern reservoir managers have continued to release water through the Delta, and into the Pacific Ocean anyway."

Jay Inslee and the envirowhackos in WA are trying the hardest to rip out four lower Snake R. dams for the same reasons. Forget farmers, navigation, and recreation and a lot of the cleanest renewable power generation available.

Last edited:

Deltas are very important to ecosystems... Like estuaries. Maybe the US should invest in capturing ground water in recharge dams instead of fighting each other.

Jay Inslee and the envirowhackos in WA are trying the hardest to rip out four lower Snake R. dams for the same reasons. Forget farmers, navigation, and recreation and a lot of the cleanest renewable power generation available.

California agriculture is the heart of US food production. Ruin agriculture there now and the US starves next year.

Deltas are very important to ecosystems... Like estuaries. Maybe the US should invest in capturing ground water in recharge dams instead of fighting each other.
I would think that areas with potential water concerns need to step up to the plate and prepare for the future. They are not. Our forebears conquered the continent. We have many more people here. And this dangerous game is being played by influential people who think themselves as gods.

I would think that areas with potential water concerns need to step up to the plate and prepare for the future. They are not. Our forebears conquered the continent. We have many more people here. And this dangerous game is being played by influential people who think themselves as gods.

Why would they be dumping snow melt into the ocean in the middle of a drought?

Estuaries are very important ecosystems. They should be capturing ground water. It's just laziness.
Have you ever been to the Sac-San Joaquin delta? Apparently not. I've lived there over a period of nearly fifty years and I have never seen the delta dry. If there is so much concern, maybe your democrat envirowhackos ought to quit draining it to SoCal by way of the CA aquaduct and start building desalination plants off the SoCal coast.

Have you ever been to the Sac-San Joaquin delta? Apparently not. I've lived there over a period of nearly fifty years and I have never seen the delta dry. If there is so much concern, maybe your democrat envirowhackos ought to quit draining it to SoCal by way of the CA aquaduct and start building desalination plants off the SoCal coast.

Or hire Dutch engineers.

LMAO, and that will magically make the water grab from SoCal go away? Investigate the Owens valley of CA--that was another LA water grab with disastrous results for the people living in the watershed.

Look what they did in the Netherlands.. talk about a modern miracle.

Look what they did in the Netherlands.. talk about a modern miracle.
I was unaware that Netherlands had a desert. The CA delta has had levees directing the flow of the water for over a hundred years, why do they need the Dutch? Indeed, the CA aquaduct is just one such misguided engineering "marvel"

I was unaware that Netherlands had a desert. The CA delta has had levees directing the flow of the water for over a hundred years, why do they need the Dutch? Indeed, the CA aquaduct is just one such misguided engineering "marvel"

You obviously don't know what I'm talking about.

Forum List

Back