More Economic GOOD NEWS: Americans Net Worth UP 1.3%

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Net worth climbs as stocks recover, rises 1.3% in 4Q - USATODAY.com

WASHINGTON — American households saw their wealth increase at the end of last year, mainly because the healing economy boosted stock portfolios.
The Federal Reserve said Thursday that household net worth rose 1.3% in the fourth quarter to $54.2 trillion. It marked the third straight quarter of gains. Net worth rose 4.5% in the second quarter of 2009 and an even stronger 5.5% in the third quarter.

Net worth is the value of assets such as homes, checking accounts and investments minus debts like mortgages and credit cards.

Even with the gain, Americans' net worth would have to rise an additional 21% to get back to its pre-recession peak of $65.9 trillion. That shows the vast loss of wealth people have suffered from the worst downturn since the 1930s

So the Net Worth of Americans have gone up 11.3% in the last three quarters of 2009. This translates to an increase of over $6 trillion in the last year.

It should be noted that Americans lost $18 trillion in net worth in the last years of the Bush administration

How is that "Hopey/Changey" working out for ya??

My net worth gained the entire time under Bush too... did not dip once, really... but that is because of my financial decisions, not what any President is really doing... I could just as easily be losing net worth under Obama as I am gaining it

Thank God for Obama... he has saved us all through his brilliant stewardship and policies.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My net worth gained the entire time under Bush too... did not dip once, really... but that is because of my financial decisions, not what any President is really doing... I could just as easily be losing net worth under Obama as I am gaining it

This is about the country and not Dave.

The economic recession caused Americans to lose $18 trillion in personal wealth. That is the value of their homes, 401Ks, investments minus their debts.

That $18 trillion is more than the current national debt ($12 trillion).

In the last three quarters of 2009 we regained $6 trillion of that loss. That is real money for real Americans

Definitely ECONOMIC GOOD NEWS

The economic recession caused Americans to lose $18 trillion in personal wealth. That is the value of their homes, 401Ks, investments minus their debts.

In the last three quarters of 2009 we regained $6 trillion of that loss. That is real money for real Americans

The faulty thinking is having a value to a home before it is sold... you don't lose money or value to do try and do something against the value

Not all 401K's lost

Not all increased debt

Not all stocks lost

Again... this is about numerous personal net worths.. which can go up or down all on their own regardless of who is president

The faulty thinking is having a value to a home before it is sold... you don't lose money or value to do try and do something against the value

Not all 401K's lost

Not all increased debt

Not all stocks lost

Again... this is about numerous personal net worths.. which can go up or down all on their own regardless of who is president

Why fight ECONOMIC GOOD NEWS Dave??

We are talking about a composite increase in wealth of $6 trillion for Americans not individual cases. The end result was a net increase in wealth of 11.3%

Now thats GOOD NEWS....anyway you cut it

Exactly. I have no debt other than a mortgage which is a fixed one, and my investments are well-balanced. I am actually still better off today.

I guess my fiscal sanity makes me evil. I must have done this at some one else's expense.

Not all 401K's lost

Not all increased debt

Not all stocks lost

Why fight ECONOMIC GOOD NEWS Dave??

We are talking about a composite increase in wealth of $6 trillion for Americans not individual cases. The end result was a net increase in wealth of 11.3%

Now thats GOOD NEWS....anyway you cut it

Because this is not inherently tied to what the government is doing... as you are trying to portray it to be... as stated, no matter who is president people can and will go up or down all on their own on their own personal net worth

Anyway, the market will tank.. big time later this year. And the same Bozo's that are heavily invested in the market for LT will watch their increases vaporize. It is a suckers market, for most.

BANK ON IT.

I'm kind of curious what good it does if the entire country's net worth goes up but mine goes down. How did that help me?

Anyhoo... didn't Reid declare the great news that only 36,000 people lost their jobs?

I wonder if he polled the 36,000 to get their reaction to the good news?

I'm kind of curious what good it does if the entire country's net worth goes up but mine goes down. How did that help me?

Stop asking questions and thank your leader for all his benevolence!!!!

Leave it to the Barry lovers to annouce that the rich getting richer is 'good news.' :lol:

Up is down and down is up!!!

Didn't you hear?

Oh, and didn't Obama declare that the markets "didn't matter" when asked about their tanking?

Funny thing...When Obama started his "are you better off now than you were 8 years ago" thingy....I looked at myself and said "hell yeah, much better off now than 8 years ago"

But when I approached those that were mesmerized by him, they would say "hell no...I am much worse off now than I was 8 years ago"..

And when I pressed them to describe their income, networth and status of 8 years ago to what it is now...they would sit there with a dumb look on their face....and more often than not respond with crap like "you dont like Obama becuase he is black"...and "why do you hate poor people"...

But they never would answer the question. Why? Becuase they realized... 'dam, I really am better off now than I was 8 years ago...I just cant admit it'.

Lose $18 trillion in last years of Bush= ECONOMIC BAD NEWS

Regain $6 trillion since Obama has been president= ECONOMIC GOOD NEWS

Hows that Hopey/Changey thing working for ya???

Forum List

Back