"More DHS-funded Police Surveillance Cameras; No Drop in Crime"

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
More DHS-funded Police Surveillance Cameras; No Drop in Crime

Downtown Cameras Spark Big Brother Debate

Search Results for "cameras"
Thousands of surveillance cameras are showing up in cities across the country without a corresponding reduction in crime. Citizens are taking notice of this fact of the federal takeover of local police, and they are speaking out.

On January 8, for example, the Texas Civil Rights Project-Houston issued a statement on its Facebook page criticizing their city’s participation in the construction of the surveillance state.

“As a community, we need to start a serious dialogue about the level of governmental intrusion in our daily lives that government foists upon us without our consent,” declared Amin Alehashem, the group’s regional director. “Government has no need to know with whom we associate, walk on the streets, attend meetings, worship, or go to dinner.”

Even in Suffolk County (New York), we have a surveillance camera on every major and intermediate intersection.

Sickening.

We could possibly put that genie back in the bottle working together but in their hearts conservatives frigging loves them some domestic surveillance, they just want to be the only ones looking at the tapes.

We could possibly put that genie back in the bottle working together but in their hearts conservatives frigging loves them some domestic surveillance, they just want to be the only ones looking at the tapes.

Oh, you mean the John Mccain, Peter King, Chris Christie RHINO Satanists, who love war?

Yeah, you're right.

Yet for some reason, it seems that you're fixated on hating Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, who would immediately do away with it.

Gtfo partisan hack. So fact that you even started you response with a partisan assault and deflection on the most fundamental Fourth Amendment issue in American History is inane at best; inhuman at worst.

Last edited:

It's not conservatives; it's the GOP.

It's funny. Liberals should be fighting tooth and nail to get Obama to rein in the DHS and DOJ when it comes to this, but since it's their guy in charge they'll just turn a blind eye. When the grassroots conservatives tell the GOP to do something, well, they are just Tea Party radicals who need to be eliminated from the political chorus.

More DHS-funded Police Surveillance Cameras; No Drop in Crime

Downtown Cameras Spark Big Brother Debate

Search Results for "cameras"
Thousands of surveillance cameras are showing up in cities across the country without a corresponding reduction in crime. Citizens are taking notice of this fact of the federal takeover of local police, and they are speaking out.

On January 8, for example, the Texas Civil Rights Project-Houston issued a statement on its Facebook page criticizing their city’s participation in the construction of the surveillance state.

“As a community, we need to start a serious dialogue about the level of governmental intrusion in our daily lives that government foists upon us without our consent,” declared Amin Alehashem, the group’s regional director. “Government has no need to know with whom we associate, walk on the streets, attend meetings, worship, or go to dinner.”

Even in Suffolk County (New York), we have a surveillance camera on every major and intermediate intersection.

Sickening.

This issue tears me apart. On one hand I hate the government being able to spy on us. Just a no brainer.

BUT if there had been no surveillance camera in this situation the monsters who kidnapped this baby and raped and murdered her might never have been caught.

The camera was the ace in the hole for the prosecutors to nail these bastards. So I'm really torn because if you actually have surveillance cameras (and yes I know they don't prevent crime) but when a crime is committed it just makes it a slam dunk for the prosecution.

Tori Stafford sort of turned me around on this. She was brutally raped and then beaten to death with a hammer. She was only 8 years old.

images

Oh, you mean the John Mccain, Peter King, Chris Christie RHINO Satanists, who love war?

Yeah, you're right.

Yet for some reason, it seems that you're fixated on hating Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, who would immediately do away with it.

Gtfo partisan hack. So fact that you even started you response with a partisan assault and deflection on the most fundamental Fourth Amendment issue in American History is inane at best; inhuman at worst.

Come election time there is no distinction is there? You all dutifully go out and vote the same.

It's not conservatives; it's the GOP.

It's funny. Liberals should be fighting tooth and nail to get Obama to rein in the DHS and DOJ when it comes to this, but since it's their guy in charge they'll just turn a blind eye. When the grassroots conservatives tell the GOP to do something, well, they are just Tea Party radicals who need to be eliminated from the political chorus.

You are not paying attention to the right news, the people you listen to would have you believe that all this fascist shit only they want is the result of liberals but that's all just misdirection. The people in the forefront of the fight against domestic spying are liberals and have been since before the unholy birth of DHS at the hands of a bunch of paranoid conservatives, remember calling them terrorist sympathizers for complaining about the new gigantic bureaucracy Bushco was creating?

Refresh my memory as to when Obama stopped all the illegal NSA spying?

Yeah, you're right.

Come election time there is no distinction is there? You all dutifully go out and vote the same.

No, I actually voted for Obama in both 2008 and 2012. With either Mccain or ROmney, there would have been nuclear war in the Middle East (Syria). That's about his only saving grace.

Try again partisan scum.

I also took part in the "End the Fed" branch of the Occupy Wall Street Movement, something you've probably never done, can't even live up to your name (Occupied) in real life.

Last edited:

I hear Gitmo is still operational, another one of the broken promises that caused me to vote for Obama.

I do not expect Obama to do much more than perhaps put some new rules in place. The real pressure to change must come from congress and the courts because they can give it the force of law and so far they are less than eager to proceed. The horrible truth is that the public has not been that vocal in their outrage either, I am amazed at the rather nonchalant reaction from the American public as opposed to the outcry by the citizens of some of our allies. There is simply no real downside to either party to just doing nothing and letting it all blow over.

The horrible truth is that the public has not been that vocal in their outrage either, I am amazed at the rather nonchalant reaction from the American public as opposed to the outcry by the citizens of some of our allies. There is simply no real downside to either party to just doing nothing and letting it all blow over.

There is a downside, we will eventually be forced to administer our 2nd Amendment rights, and who fucking knows if we'll end up with a better government thereafter.

Yeah, you're right.

No, I actually voted for Obama in both 2008 and 2012. With either Mccain or ROmney, there would have been nuclear war in the Middle East (Syria). That's about his only saving grace.

Try again partisan scum.

I also took part in the "End the Fed" branch of the Occupy Wall Street Movement, something you've probably never done, can't even live up to your name (Occupied) in real life.
I congratulate you then, good going. I live way too far off from any big city to personally participate in any of the big protests but I did send money and do a lot of writing for a particular group. Why do you have to act so much like a dick?

The horrible truth is that the public has not been that vocal in their outrage either, I am amazed at the rather nonchalant reaction from the American public as opposed to the outcry by the citizens of some of our allies. There is simply no real downside to either party to just doing nothing and letting it all blow over.

There is a downside, we will eventually be forced to administer our 2nd Amendment rights, and who fucking knows if we'll end up with a better government thereafter.

What a fucking loon you are.

I am really torn on this. But on the other hand her murderers could have gotten away with this.

So what do we do?

Do you think people are going to tolerate a camera on every street corner? People will be shooting those cameras in the dead of night when the camera density triples.

Do you think people are going to tolerate a camera on every street corner? People will be shooting those cameras in the dead of night when the camera density triples.

I think you are far underestimating what your average person will tolerate. They will apparently put up with a lot more than we have now. It's not even that big of a deal as long as the use of these systems is transparent and subject to oversight, not that I entirely trust anyone to be responsible with such power.

I think you are far underestimating what your average person will tolerate. They will apparently put up with a lot more than we have now. It's not even that big of a deal as long as the use of these systems is transparent and subject to oversight, not that I entirely trust anyone to be responsible with such power.

Perhaps where i live, In New York, they'll tolerate anything, even genocide I'd imagine.

Would this be tolerated in South Carolina?

Forum List

Back