more corporatism, yay!

Did you even read the link?

Earlier this month, several of the nation’s biggest technology companies signed on to an open letter to the White House urging reform of government surveillance practices.

“We urge the US to take the lead and make reforms that ensure that government surveillance efforts are clearly restricted by law, proportionate to the risks, transparent and subject to independent oversight,” the signatories wrote.

Earlier this month, several of the nation’s biggest technology companies signed on to an open letter to the White House urging reform of government surveillance practices.

“We urge the US to take the lead and make reforms that ensure that government surveillance efforts are clearly restricted by law, proportionate to the risks, transparent and subject to independent oversight,” the signatories wrote.

Someone is confused about corporatism.

Bush and Cheney were raked over the coals for having such a conflab with energy industry execs.

You mean when the oil company executives got with Cheney to plan the rape and pillage of Iraq? Is it that meeting you are complaining about?

Or do you want to government spying on you? Sounds like the tech company executives don't like that idea.

But to you all meetings with the government are the same. Crooked. But then, for an example, you have been looking at the Repubs. I understand.

Yeah, I read it. What's your point? This is the same bullshit Obama always reaches for - sitting down with all the 'major players' and pandering to their demands. Government should be about protecting the rights of citizens and maintaining justice, not horse trading favors with interest groups. Which is what's going here.

Even if I might agree with what those special interests are demanding, it pisses me off that Obama governs this way. He should be reigning in the NSA because they're violating our civil liberties. Not because Google is 'urging' him to.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back