More Brutality? How many cops need to go to jail before it stops?

First I am going to post the raw video.

The suspect had run. He had driven at more than 100 MPH attempting to flee according to reports. And none of that matters one damn bit.

Saldivar was complying. He was prone on the ground as directed. He got to his knees as directed. He started to stand obeying orders from the police when they sent in the attack dog.

The Chief says he is not going to second guess the officers on the scene.

Chief. That is literally your job. That is literally the job of a supervisor to judge and assess the performance of subordinates. It is literally the job of a boss to make sure the employees are doing what they are supposed to.

In the meantime the Police have been polled. They insist they do not need reforms. They are doing a fantastic job. Shut up and go away.

This is not doing a fantastic job. This as nearly every recent example of brutality clearly shows that Law Enforcement is desperately in need of reform.

Now. In truth if people are unwilling to change then change will be forced upon them. And the changes forced are most often far more extreme than what could have been done by the participants.

In a week the Prescott Valley Police will be wishing they had said that actions were wrong. In two weeks the cops involved will be facing prosecution for their actions. In a month cops will be fired and the Department will announce the Grand Jury decision to indict.

Not police brutality -- they only let one dog attack him....what is brutality is them not allowing the other dog to have some fun.....

Look....he is an illegal alien criminal scumbag...not a real person

It wasn't like he was standing up for his right to not wear a mask -- something noble...

three (3) good points.

if this moron was co-operative, there wouldnt have been a high speed chase. duh

Oh. I wasn’t saying that he was being cooperative during the high speed chase. Was anyone suggesting that he was being cooperative while he was fleeing from the police? That’s weird. I don’t think I saw anyone arguing that. I know I certainly didn’t suggest that he was being cooperative while he was fleeing. That would be silly.

However, once they had him surrounded, he was being fully compliant. That’s what I meant when I said he was being compliant. Not compliant throughout the incident but compliant at the moment that they sent the dog out to attack him.

I hope that clears things up. Sorry if I was being unclear.

I think people knew what you meant
No rational person would agree with you.

No rational person would agree with me that the dog was unnecessary?

That’s interesting. There are people on both sides of the political spectrum who agree with me on that.

That doesn't necessarily make them rational now does it?

People from very different political perspectives appear more likely to agree with me. People, mind you, who agree on almost nothing can agree that the dog was unnecessarily and excessive.

It doesn’t necessarily mean they’re rational but it leads me to believe that maybe you’re the one not being rational.

In related news.........

A Salt Lake City officer who ordered a police dog to bite a Black man who was on his knees with his hands in the air is now facing a criminal charge for the attack.

Prosecutors charged Officer Nickolas Pearce on Wednesday with aggravated assault, a second-degree felony. If convicted, Pearce could face a maximum penalty of up to 15 years in prison.

Salt Lake City officer charged with a felony for ordering his police dog to attack a Black man

I am not surprised to hear that. Perhaps he will get lucky and find a sympathetic jury. I wouldn’t bet on it. But it is possible.

I wish there were at least one injustice / crime against humanity that we could pin on leftardz. . .

Just one. . .

Just one example of where leftardz turn a blind eye to an injustice. . .

Ummmm...

Yeah.

That's the one.

The suspect had run. He had driven at more than 100 MPH attempting to flee according to reports. And none of that matters one damn bit.

Saldivar was complying. He was prone on the ground as directed. He got to his knees as directed. He started to stand obeying orders from the police when they sent in the attack dog.

Chief. That is literally your job. That is literally the job of a supervisor to judge and assess the performance of subordinates. It is literally the job of a boss to make sure the employees are doing what they are supposed to.

In the meantime the Police have been polled. They insist they do not need reforms. They are doing a fantastic job. Shut up and go away.

This is not doing a fantastic job. This as nearly every recent example of brutality clearly shows that Law Enforcement is desperately in need of reform.

Now. In truth if people are unwilling to change then change will be forced upon them. And the changes forced are most often far more extreme than what could have been done by the participants.

In a week the Prescott Valley Police will be wishing they had said that actions were wrong. In two weeks the cops involved will be facing prosecution for their actions. In a month cops will be fired and the Department will announce the Grand Jury decision to indict.

Nothing brutal about it. The dog held him gently by the wrist.

I normally take the side of the cops and the guy probably deserved it but professionally the cops shouldnt have sicked the dog on him.

Seige dogs are a time tested method of subduing a less than cooperative offender.

Police are taught not to get between the handler and the offender. Dogs have been known to get so focused on the job that they have bitten members as well as suspects.

The dude was totally cooperating.

As soon as he stopped fully, not cooperating.

The dude was on the ground spread eagle.

I normally take the side of the cops and the guy probably deserved it but professionally the cops shouldnt have sicked the dog on him.

Seige dogs are a time tested method of subduing a less than cooperative offender.

Police are taught not to get between the handler and the offender. Dogs have been known to get so focused on the job that they have bitten members as well as suspects.

The dude was totally cooperating.

As soon as he stopped fully, not cooperating.

The dude was on the ground spread eagle.

Which was after he stopped fully not cooperating, yes?

It absolutely looked that way.

Poor doggie.

I wonder how they got that nasty taste of leftard out of its mouth,

I'm sure once again no one will be held accountable.

FORT LUPTON, Colo. (KDVR) — Police were looking for a white male who had just led them on a high speed chase, after stealing beer and laundry detergent from a Safeway in Firestone on April 27, 2019.

But the person they released a K-9 on and then handcuffed was a 14-year old Hispanic male.

Now the teenager and his family are suing four law enforcement officers from three different agencies.

Teen attacked by police K-9 files lawsuit in case of mistaken identity

For some reason a lot of this kind of stuff seems to be happening in Colorado.

Forum List

Back