More bad news for Obama liberals: Constitution is this year’s big best-seller

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Demand for copies of the U.S. Constitution is skyrocketing.
The increased interest comes amid the rise of the Tea Party movement and as both parties cite the Constitution to advance their agendas.

The pocket edition of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence ranked 10th on the Government Printing Office’s (GPO) best-seller list in March.

Since September 2009, the GPO has sold more than 8,700 copies of the pocket Constitution to the public, according to GPO spokesman Gary Somerset. That is a higher sell rate than in recent years.

Those sales are in addition to the thousands of copies given to members of Congress each year. Congress authorized a resolution in 2009 to print 441,000 copies for the use of the House (1,000 for each member) and 100,000 copies for the Senate (1,000 for each senator).

Constitution is this year?s big best-seller - TheHill.com

Liberals are SURE not going to like that. They want us to believe in the Constitution being a "living document" as Al Gore called it. What's the translation for that one?

It means the Constitution means anything liberals say it does.

They don't want people actually READING the constitution. They might notice things like there IS a 2nd Amendment in there or there are no words like "separation of church and state." :eek:

Hey! :eek: We can't have that! :eek:

What about that 10th Amendment????? People might find out Arizona is perfectly within their rights to have enforce immigration laws.

OH WE DEFINITELY CAN'T HAVE THAT! :eek::eek::eek:

More stuff for liberals to worry about, and more stuff for me to smile about. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
:lol: Right, suddenly they care about he constitution, but didn't care when patriot act installed and Bush's wiretapping occurred or when US citizens suspected of terrorist activities aren't given their constitutional rights

good, maybe the republicans will learn something about how the government works.

One thing they need to learn is that the constitution is a living document, and the supreme court rules on new laws as to whether they violate the constitution or not. Instead of calling every judgement they don't agree with "judicial activism".

So many only seem to care about the constitution when it has to do with something they agree with

The increased interest comes amid the rise of the Tea Party movement and as both parties cite the Constitution to advance their agendas.

The pocket edition of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence ranked 10th on the Government Printing Office’s (GPO) best-seller list in March.

Since September 2009, the GPO has sold more than 8,700 copies of the pocket Constitution to the public, according to GPO spokesman Gary Somerset. That is a higher sell rate than in recent years.

Those sales are in addition to the thousands of copies given to members of Congress each year. Congress authorized a resolution in 2009 to print 441,000 copies for the use of the House (1,000 for each member) and 100,000 copies for the Senate (1,000 for each senator).

Liberals are SURE not going to like that. They want us to believe in the Constitution being a "living document" as Al Gore called it. What's the translation for that one?

They don't want people actually READING the constitution. They might notice things like there IS a 2nd Amendment in there or there are no words like "separation of church and state." :eek:

What about that 10th Amendment????? People might find out Arizona is perfectly within their rights to have enforce immigration laws.

More stuff for liberals to worry about, and more stuff for me to smile about. :D

Why would it be bad news for "liberals". The constitution was written by liberals. It's conservatives that want to secede. It's conservatives that want to bring down the government. Sometimes, I think they won't be satisfied until this country is a "Christian Iran".

Why would it be bad news for "liberals". The constitution was written by liberals. It's conservatives that want to secede. It's conservatives that want to bring down the government. Sometimes, I think they won't be satisfied until this country is a "Christian Iran".

Exactly...

It was the Southern Conservatives who seceded from those damn Liberals up north

They still want to secede today.....shows how much they cherish the Constitution

Sorry but the 10th amendment only reserves the powers for states that have not been delegated to Congress. The power to establish immigration law is delegated to Congress in Article I Section 8 Clause 4, it is thus not a power of the states.

Its amazing how so many of you so called Constitution lovers haven't even read the damn thing.

Odd, I've had a pocket copy of the Constitution AND Declaration of Independence for over three years now. (Bantam Classics)

Finally took the tea party people long enough to start caring about the Constitution again? :eusa_whistle:

Edit: I also have a pocket copy of Why We Can't Wait by MLK Jr.

Odd, I've had a pocket copy of the Constitution AND Declaration of Independence for over three years now. (Bantam Classics)

Finally took the tea party people long enough to start caring about the Constitution again? :eusa_whistle:

You want to hear something scary?

Imagine if the Constitution had been written by Conservatives

Last edited:
I love, love, LOVE reading the bullshit from reactionary self-proclaimed Constitutionalists who are so damn bright they can learn the entire body of Constitutional law from nothing but pamphlets and viral emails. It's great entertainment! :clap2:

I love, love, LOVE reading the bullshit from reactionary self-proclaimed Constitutionalists who are so damn bright they can learn the entire body of Constitutional law from nothing but pamphlets and viral emails. It's great entertainment! :clap2:

You ever notice they can't even conceive of just not liking a law?

Every law they disagree with they also think is unconstitutional!

Ironically, it's always the self-proclaimed Constitutionalists who go after your rights in the most creative ways.

The increased interest comes ...

Liberals are SURE not going to like that. They want us to believe...

Just what America needs, more semi literate morons misinterpreting centuries old documents as if they are the work of gods. :eek:

Last edited:

teabagsamurai has some good stuff, but some take it seriously. the serious people.

teabagsamurai has some good stuff, but some take it seriously. the serious people.

Then they need to lighten up. They're missing some of the funniest shit ever posted on this board.

Here, peoplewhotaketeawhateversamuraiguysshitseriously: :booze:

You want to hear something scary?

Imagine if the Constitution had been written by Conservatives

It would be just like the Republican supported Constitution of Iraq. A theological document that bases ALL legislation on "Islam". Only, it would be "Christianity".

Forum List

Back