More Anti-gay Bigots in Rural Areas

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
or is it my imagination?

I can't believe people attack others on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity and sexual orientation. More incidents here than when I lived in Eugene and Portland Oregon.

Last edited:
Not surprised.

The ones in rural areas are usually the most Ignorant.

But how you can live there, idk. I'd kill myself if I was in a rural area.

or is it my imagination?

I can't believe people attack others on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity and sexual orientation. More incidents here than when I lived in Eugene and Portland Oregon.
People are just more honest is rural areas

• Banned
Not surprised.

The ones in rural areas are usually the most Ignorant.

But how you can live there, idk. I'd kill myself if I was in a rural area.

I moved here for a specific reason. It had nothing to do with how open and tolerant the place is.

or is it my imagination?

You mean they give themselves license to be hateful?
People are not "hateful" just because they don't think you're homosexuality is awesome.

Hate and discrimination are the glue that holds the Republican Party together.

More Anti-gay Bigots in Rural Areas
or is it my imagination?

I can't believe people attack others on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity and sexual orientation.

No, it’s not your imagination.

Unfortunately fear, hate, and ignorance are common in the human condition. The Framers knew this and hence the Bill of Rights and the 14th Amendment were drafted.

And the situation will likely get worse before it gets better, as local jurisdictions are prevented from violating homosexuals’ civil rights, a backlash will develop. We see the elements of that in this very forum, in this very thread.

People are not "hateful" just because they don't think you're homosexuality is awesome.

Getting gay slurs screamed in your face while someone slaps you isn't a person just having the opinion that "homosexuality isn't awesome."

Hate is hate. It's accompanied by words and deeds.

Last edited:

Getting gay slurs screamed in your face while someone slaps you isn't a person just having the opinion that "homosexuality isn't awesome."

Why did you get up in their face?

What I have seen in rural areas is that most people are content to leave well enough alone. But, when someone starts making demands, insinuating themselves and wanting to force change where it doesn't belong and is unwanted (usually for the good only of the gay making the demands), rural people can get quite hostile.

Do not waste your time with these ignorant people who just want to wind you up.

Why did you get up in their face?

What I have seen in rural areas is that most people are content to leave well enough alone. But, when someone starts making demands, insinuating themselves and wanting to force change where it doesn't belong and is unwanted (usually for the good only of the gay making the demands), rural people can get quite hostile.

Are you talking to me? I didn't get in anyone's face. A guy jumped out the bushes at me while I was walking my dog with my wife. I'd never seen him before in my life. I was walking on a private road owned by all of us property owners in the neighborhood. I've lived there four years without incident and enjoyed very good relations with all the neighbors.

Last edited:

Do not waste your time with these ignorant people who just want to wind you up.

Who's trying to wind up whom?

or is it my imagination?

Don't know where here is for you, but I grew up in a big city, and we had a rash of gay bashing back in the 80's, and they (gay folks) put up signs that read "Warning, Gays Bash Back". After an ass whipping or two it stopped. As for the rural areas I cant say. I know Mat Shepperd made the news. Honestly, that's the only one I heard of, not to say it does not happen.

New Topics

Forum List

Back