More ammo.....

I stacked it high and deep when .223 was 27 cents a round and 9mm was 16 cents.

Did the same with 5.56...
Now I dont want to shoot the damn stuff until prices get reasonable.
Gone are the days of going to the lease and burning through 500 rounds in one session and doing mag dumps just for fun.
Nowadays I bring some tannerite along to get more bang for my buck.

I have about 30K of .223. Enough to last me for a couple of decades for range shooting if I don't go overboard and still have a nice SHTF stash. However, like you I am reluctant to shoot it up.

No more taking my Class III M-16 out and dumping 1K rds in a morning just to hear it go bang-bang-bang.

Ya got a pic of the M-16?
I'd sure love to see it.

I got it back in the 1970s. It was a Colt 601. It cost me $275 plus the $200 tax.

I don't shoot the original upper. I get cheap barrels and cheap uppers and use them instead. I took off original components on the lower and replaced it more modern parts to shoot at the range.

The original parts are to valuable to use for range shootings.

Put back in its original condition and transferable it is worth about $35K.

My Uncle is a class three dealer and he sells them for 15k.
Whats special about yours?

I'll buy any 601 for $15K.

Mine is pristine since I save all the original parts. I have only used the stripped lower.

Gone are the days of going to the lease and burning through 500 rounds in one session and doing mag dumps just for fun.

I have about 30K of .223. Enough to last me for a couple of decades for range shooting if I don't go overboard and still have a nice SHTF stash. However, like you I am reluctant to shoot it up.

No more taking my Class III M-16 out and dumping 1K rds in a morning just to hear it go bang-bang-bang.

I'd sure love to see it.

I got it back in the 1970s. It was a Colt 601. It cost me $275 plus the $200 tax.

I don't shoot the original upper. I get cheap barrels and cheap uppers and use them instead. I took off original components on the lower and replaced it more modern parts to shoot at the range.

Mine is pristine since I save all the original parts. I have only used the stripped lower.

Well lets see some pics!!!

I'd sure love to see it.

Well lets see some pics!!!

I was thinking about reassembling the original rifle since I won't be shooting it F-A much until this stupid ammo panic blows over. When I do I'll post some pictures.

I have another interesting AR. A few years ago I built a reproduction of the Armalite prototype AR-15. I had to get several parts fabricated and it was a labor of love.

I'll take some pictures and post a little later.

Right now I have 29 ARs. I enjoy building them.

Same here - I started restocking in August 2019. You could buy Federal 5.56 XM193 for $280/1000. Blazer Brass 9mm plinking stuff was $8/50. I topped off my 22 stash at 25000 rounds when CCI standard and mini mags were around $26 a brick. My wife can burn through 700 - 800 rounds of 22s per month. Revolver ammo was finally plentiful and cheap too. I loaded up on 38/357s and 44s. I'm glad the OP got some ammo, but $1 a round makes me cringe. I've seen 12 gauge 00 buck going for $40/25. Scarcity and scared are a bad combination.

Cheers

Forum List

Back