More Americans trust Obama than Rs on economy

• Banned
Two-thirds believe that creating jobs should take precedence over the federal budget deficit and only 29 percent say reducing the deficit should be more important that reducing unemployment.

In the wake of recent natural disasters, Americans also prioritize disaster relief over the deficit. Six in 10 want federal aid to the victims of recent hurricanes and wildfires even if that amount of money is not cut from other government programs.

• Banned
When President Obama’s bill is broken down, more Americans like most of the proposals in it – two-thirds like the idea of cutting the payroll tax for workers and the same number like greater spending on infrastructure projects. Three quarters approve of sending federal money to states to hire more teachers and first responders.

TM.

Does it matter that congress historically has an approval rating that is lower than that of the President? Congress is never popular.

Mike

• Banned
Why do you insist on ignoring this poll and trying to just dismiss it?

Do they?

Well, given the fact that the extremists in the GOP are calling for an end to the social security system, to medicade, to unemployment insurance, and calling for still more tax breaks for billionaires, that isn't entirely a shock.

What does surprise me is that American trust anybody in power, right now.

Do they?

Well, given the fact that the extremists in the GOP are calling for an end to the social security system, to medicade, to unemployment insurance, and calling for still more tax breaks for billionaires, that isn't entirely a shock.

Come on, Ed...you know as well as I do that the GOP isn't calling for an "end" to Social Security, to Medicade, to unemployment insurance...they're calling for reforms to those programs so they don't become insolvent. Something that if we don't do will bankrupt the country. Why do you insist on fear mongering this issue?

Question 10: Now I'd like you to compare the situation today with what it was three years ago. Are you better off than you were three years ago, or not?

No, not better off - 58%
This is what matters most.

Question 18: Which of the following statements comes closest to your views about the relationship between government and businesses:
You trust the free market more than the government but there should be some government regulation of business - 56%
The MAJORITY of Americans trust businesses more than the government on getting things rolling. SOME regulation is needed, but not the ungodly amount of red tape government currently burdens businesses with.

Do they?

Come on, Ed...you know as well as I do that the GOP isn't calling for an "end" to Social Security, to Medicade, to unemployment insurance...they're calling for reforms to those programs so they don't become insolvent. Something that if we don't do will bankrupt the country. Why do you insist on fear mongering this issue?

reform it so it's solvent... kill it entirely... same thing, right?

Oh Yeah

Last I heard UE was still at 9.2% and the economy is still in the toilet.

Yep. He's doing one helluva job.

can u do better?

Wonder what put the silly idea in the Righties heads that a downturn, only surpassed by the Great Depression in magnitude, can be gotten out of in only 3 yrs? Fox News perhaps :confused: :lol: How many years did it take to get out of the Depression Righties? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back