More Americans Have Died This Year From COVID-19 Than In All Of 2020

Same isn’t good enough. Biden said he would do better than Trump and he has the benefit of the vaccines and natural immunity
We did do better, a lot better till the delta variant hit in mid summer. Deaths had dropped from 3 or 4 thousand a day in January to around 3 or 4 hundred a day then delta drove cases up about 2 thousand a day in mid September. With increase vaccinations, new deaths have been falling for about 3 weeks. If vaccinations keep rising we'll have a good Christmas.

Thank goodness for the vaccines. It's hard to imagine how many more would have died without them.
Without a vaccination program, by the end of June 2021 there would have been approximately 279,000 additional deaths and up to 1.25 million additional hospitalizations.

We did do better, a lot better till the delta variant hit in mid summer. Deaths had dropped from 3 or 4 thousand a day in January to around 3 or 4 hundred a day then delta drove cases up about 2 thousand a day in mid September. With increase vaccinations, new deaths have been falling for about 3 weeks. If vaccinations keep rising we'll have a good Christmas.

If we are doing so much better why all the restrictions and what proof do you have that an upside down mop would not have done as good of a job? Trump did warp speed. Trump did the Cares loans. What specifically did Biden do sans divide this country, make our border a disaster and make us a laughing stock of the world with the withdrawal from Afghanistan. You’re a staunch leftist. OK. But you cannot refute that Biden has done zero good since he has been in office. ZERO.

Truth over Facts

If we are doing so much better why all the restrictions and what proof do you have that an upside down mop would not have done as good of a job? Trump did warp speed. Trump did the Cares loans. What specifically did Biden do sans divide this country, make our border a disaster and make us a laughing stock of the world with the withdrawal from Afghanistan. You’re a staunch leftist. OK. But you cannot refute that Biden has done zero good since he has been in office. ZERO.

Truth over Facts
Simply stated, stopping covid is the key getting the country financially back to normal and the administration as well as major corporations agree. Now with full FDA vaccine approval big businesses across the country are requiring vaccinations, all major airlines whose employment is over 100,000, Boeing with 125,000 US employees, AT&T, 3M, Procter and Gamble, etc as well as the federal goverment and a number of states are mandating the vaccine for employment. And many other businesses, large and small are waiting on OSHA rules for vaccine mandates.

Your question as to whether Trump would have done as well. I doubt it. His response to the epidemic would likely be the same as it was in his last 6 months. I can't imagine he would go against his base by ordering vaccine mandates or much of anything else. As deaths rose due to the delta variant, he would likely turn the heat up on China, demand investigation and seek or at threaten reprisals as if that would stop the virus. However, it would make his base happy, which has always been his primary interest.

Simply stated, stopping covid is the key getting the country financially back to normal and the administration as well as major corporations agree. Now with full FDA vaccine approval big businesses across the country are requiring vaccinations, all major airlines whose employment is over 100,000, Boeing with 125,000 US employees, AT&T, 3M, Procter and Gamble, etc as well as the federal goverment and a number of states are mandating the vaccine for employment. And many other businesses, large and small are waiting on OSHA rules for vaccine mandates.

Your question as to whether Trump would have done as well. I doubt it. His response to the epidemic would likely be the same as it was in his last 6 months. I can't imagine he would go against his base by ordering vaccine mandates or much of anything else. As deaths rose due to the delta variant, he would likely turn the heat up on China, demand investigation and seek or at threaten reprisals as if that would stop the virus. However, it would make his base happy, which has always been his primary interest.
No. My question is would anyone else have done as well as Biden literally didn’t do anything. Trump did warp speed and Trump did the PPP loans. What specifically has Biden done? And China is 100% responsible. These are all facts that I am listing that you refuse to acknowledge. Would you like to try honesty and see how that goes for you?

No. My question is would anyone else have done as well as Biden literally didn’t do anything. Trump did warp speed and Trump did the PPP loans. What specifically has Biden done? And China is 100% responsible. These are all facts that I am listing that you refuse to acknowledge. Would you like to try honesty and see how that goes for you?
I seriously doubt that any president would do any better than Biden in regard to getting the nation vaccinated while encouraging and mandating preventive measures. There are far too many Biden initiates to list them all but here just a few.
  • Accelerate the rollout of Covid-19 vaccines by providing more funding to local and state officials, creating more vaccination sites
  • Requiring masks on federal property
  • Requiring masks on Public Transportation
  • Require the military be vaccinated
  • Used the Defense Production Act to compel companies to make supplies needed to combat the pandemic such as masks, covid tests, and supplies needed for vaccination
  • Establishing a “COVID-19 Response Office,” charged with coordinating the pandemic response across federal agencies and Establishing clear lines of communication down to local officials. Improve federal data collection and sharing and the CDC to publish a dashboard showing Covid-19 cases at the county level.
  • Expand research into treatments for Covid, especially antivirals.
  • Established a new pandemic testing board to discover new kinds of effective and rapid tests and scale them up quickly.
  • Directs the Department of Health and Human Services to collect data on school reopening's and the spread of Covid, allowing for more scientific research into the risk of putting kids back in schools.
  • Require vaccination or weekly testing for all 2 million federal workers.
  • Require companies doing business with the federal government to require employees be vaccinations.
  • Directs OSHA to prepare requirements that all companies with more than 100 employees require their employees to be vaccinated or have weekly tests. This will effect 80 million workers and is expected to take affect within a month.
Regardless of who was in office in the first year of Covid, we would have had a vaccine. Congress, the CDC, FDA, and every major medical research organization agreed that getting a vaccine was a top priority. Second, there was agreement among epidemic and medical research organization across the country that we needed to use all tools at our disposal to prevent the spread of the viurs while the vaccine was being developed and implement.

As president, Trump failed miserably when it came to prevention. All the tools at our disposal, masks, social distancing, and avoiding large gatherings were at best unpopular. Instead of leading the country in the prevention of covid, Trump chose to appease the masses by criticizing, ridiculing, and opposing his own advisors recommendations turning the fight against Covid into a political issue. As of September 13, 2021, 52.8% of people in counties that voted for Biden were fully vaccinated compared to 39.9% of Trump counties.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that any president would do any better than Biden in regard to getting the nation vaccinated while encouraging and mandating preventive measures. There are far too many Biden initiates to list them all but here just a few.
  • Accelerate the rollout of Covid-19 vaccines by providing more funding to local and state officials, creating more vaccination sites
  • Requiring masks on federal property
  • Requiring masks on Public Transportation
  • Require the military be vaccinated
  • Used the Defense Production Act to compel companies to make supplies needed to combat the pandemic such as masks, covid tests, and supplies needed for vaccination
  • Establishing a “COVID-19 Response Office,” charged with coordinating the pandemic response across federal agencies and Establishing clear lines of communication down to local officials. Improve federal data collection and sharing and the CDC to publish a dashboard showing Covid-19 cases at the county level.
  • Expand research into treatments for Covid, especially antivirals.
  • Established a new pandemic testing board to discover new kinds of effective and rapid tests and scale them up quickly.
  • Directs the Department of Health and Human Services to collect data on school reopening's and the spread of Covid, allowing for more scientific research into the risk of putting kids back in schools.
  • Require vaccination or weekly testing for all 2 million federal workers.
  • Require companies doing business with the federal government to require employees be vaccinations.
  • Directs OSHA to prepare requirements that all companies with more than 100 employees require their employees to be vaccinated or have weekly tests. This will effect 80 million workers and is expected to take affect within a month.
Regardless of who was in office in the first year of Covid, we would have had a vaccine. Congress, the CDC, FDA, and every major medical research organization agreed that getting a vaccine was a top priority. Second, there was agreement among epidemic and medical research organization across the country that we needed to use all tools at our disposal to prevent the spread of the viurs while the vaccine was being developed and implement.

As president, Trump failed miserably when it came to prevention. All the tools at our disposal, masks, social distancing, and avoiding large gatherings were at best unpopular. Instead of leading the country in the prevention of covid, Trump chose to appease the masses by criticizing, ridiculing, and opposing his own advisors recommendations turning the fight against Covid into a political issue. As of September 13, 2021, 52.8% of people in counties that voted for Biden were fully vaccinated compared to 39.9% of Trump counties.
Trump didn’t fail. The virus was just a lot more contagious than most thought. What you listed was already in place and the mask mandates and vaccine mandates are not constitutional. So Biden is a fail. I am glad you agree. I disagree that warp speed would have happened under Biden. Trump told the FDA to fast track it and get the bureaucracy out of it. The PPP loans the same as Trump is a businessman and understood how that worked. Biden has been a divisive and sanctimonious dictator. The Govt has no business telling businesses what to do. He has severely overstepped and his ratings reflect that. PoC are very much anti vaccine something you failed to mention. Very much doubt they are Trump supporters.

Furthermore if the media were honest and covered the Hunter Biden story fairly it’s unlikely that Biden wins. FBI has uncovered that Hunter and Joe now shared an account. Joe is the “big guy”. Pay for play.

Why can you not admit that you are a Democrat?

Trump didn’t fail. The virus was just a lot more contagious than most thought. What you listed was already in place and the mask mandates and vaccine mandates are not constitutional. So Biden is a fail. I am glad you agree. I disagree that warp speed would have happened under Biden. Trump told the FDA to fast track it and get the bureaucracy out of it. The PPP loans the same as Trump is a businessman and understood how that worked. Biden has been a divisive and sanctimonious dictator. The Govt has no business telling businesses what to do. He has severely overstepped and his ratings reflect that. PoC are very much anti vaccine something you failed to mention. Very much doubt they are Trump supporters.

Furthermore if the media were honest and covered the Hunter Biden story fairly it’s unlikely that Biden wins. FBI has uncovered that Hunter and Joe now shared an account. Joe is the “big guy”. Pay for play.

Why can you not admit that you are a Democrat?
Why? because I am not. I have never given a cent to a democrat candidate and I'm not member of the party. I have voted for mostly democrats for last 20 years and prior to that voted mostly for republicans. The republican party changed under Reagan and I didn't like the way it was going. If republicans would nominate a more centralist, I would consider voting him or her.

Biden is doing what Trump would not do, use the power the presidency to fight the virus. Even today he is doing practically nothing to promote the vaccines that came out of his warp speed. What he should be doing at his rallies is promoting the vaccine, not himself.

Last edited:

Justify the high numbers if you want, but record covid deaths doesn't sound like a "good Christmas" to me.

Why? because I am not. I have never given a cent to a democrat candidate and I'm not member of the party. I have voted for mostly democrats for last 20 years and prior to that voted mostly for republicans. The republican party changed under Reagan and I didn't like the way it was going. If republicans would nominate a more centralist, I would consider voting him or her.

Biden is doing what Trump would not do, use the power the presidency to fight the virus. Even today he is doing practically nothing to promote the vaccines that came out of his warp speed. What he should be doing at his rallies is promoting the vaccine, not himself.
You are right. Biden has done what Trump would not do. He stranded Americans in Afghanistan, and left weapons for the Taliban. He has taken away our civil liberties via mandated vaccines. He has arrested those who want to exercise their freedom of speech at schoolboard meetings. He removed energy independence. Not to mention being great enough to bring us inflation. Proposed a $3.5T bankrupt America plan. Removed border policies allowing crazy numbers of covid infected illegal aliens across our southern borders. He has vowed to take action against border patrol agents who are doing their job. Yep...he is definitely doing things Trump wouldn't do.

And all this great vaccination work you speak of, and we see more deaths this year with just under 3 months to go.

When a discussion goes off topic and becomes abusive it is time to end it. I don't play those games.
You have been abusive from the outset with your dismissive attitude toward my opinion. You took it off topic if you look back.

Ah yes the death stats that make the Neo-GOP happy as clams. Celebrating hundreds of thousand dead!

How come the damn thing didn't just disappears like it was nothing last spring?
Because it is a man made bio weapon that the libs used to take out trump.

Forum List

Back