Moosonee woman sues OPP after waiting years for complaint against officer to be dealt with

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Typical stalker Canadian cop. No big deal when your country isn't a democracy. He still does not face charges as he is "on leave" for undisclosed reasons. Yeah, and I've got a bridge for sale.

Morrow of the story, if you want to avoid charges and criminal issues in Canada if you are an officer, just go on paid leave and you can never face these charges. An approved absence for three years?!?

No wonder our allies don't trust us.

Moosonee woman sues OPP after waiting years for complaint against officer to be dealt with | Toronto Star

Indeed, three years after filing the complaint, Cota’s misconduct hearing has been repeatedly delayed with little explanation, according to Hookimaw and her lawyer, Cara Valiquette.

Staff Sgt. Carolle Dionne, a spokesperson for the OPP, confirmed to the Star that Cota’s next hearing date is in November. Asked why the hearing has been delayed, Dionne said Cota has been on an approved paid absence and the hearing cannot proceed as a result.

“The hearing will take place if Sgt. Cota returns from his approved absence. If not, it may be deferred to a later date,” she said in an email.

Dionne could not say why Cota is on approved absence.

Excuse me...did you say, "paid" leave? Good heavens. A permanent paid vacation? Punish me, too!

If things don't go well for him in Ontario, this animal can always find work with the RCMP. Their reputation is so bad his hiring might actually improve their reputation.

Forum List

Back