moon @ 100% crop

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
taken last night from my back yard. I might invest in a teleconverter of some sort - as long as it wouldn't reduce Image quality.

300mm (480 effective length), f/7.1 1/60th

attachment.php

Attachments

• $moon4sep06_2.jpg
    $moon4sep06_2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 101
taken last night from my back yard. I might invest in a teleconverter of some sort - as long as it wouldn't reduce Image quality.

300mm (480 effective length), f/7.1 1/60th

attachment.php

Any teleconverter is going to reduce image quality. If you're looking to fill the frame with the moon (uncropped), you'll need a focal length of greater than 1000mm on your 20D. IOW, you can't get there with a 300mm lens + TC. Even if you stacked a 1.4X and 2.0X TC, you'd still be short.

Any teleconverter is going to reduce image quality. If you're looking to fill the frame with the moon (uncropped), you'll need a focal length of greater than 1000mm on your 20D. IOW, you can't get there with a 300mm lens + TC. Even if you stacked a 1.4X and 2.0X TC, you'd still be short.

:thup: I'll start saving... :(

thoughts about the image? :)

Thats a sick picture, man. You know you could do a lot of evil things with that good of....quality.

I'd suggest using a Triwhammer 3dx.077 for pictures like that. That, or a Nicholas v0.13, my uncle used one of those, just make sure you dont get sand in it. Heh heh, then it'll end up like the old Hoagy 4yv's we grew up with :thup:

Forum List

Back