Monsignor Dumas closes Lourdes

I guess the priest's name is pronounced phonetically, "dumb ass".

Seems to me you are not a Catholic or you are a shame for all Catholics. Origin of the name Dumas from latin DOMUS, meaning family, house, household.

Lourdes is supposed to be a place of healing, closing down the joint in a time of severe pestilence, the worst since the mid 14th Century, doesn't make much sense.

Coronavirus: Lourdes shrine closes temporarily - Vatican News

It makes a lot of sense to close Lourdes. This makes absolutelly sense in times of a Corona infection wave over all Europe. It's not good now to bring masses of people with critical diseases together in the same place.
Here in Germany for example the virus broke in a house where lived only old people with pre-existing diseases. No one knows how this had happened - but 9 of this people died and 23 people of the nursing team were infected too. You seem to underestimate the power of this virus - and you seem to overestimate the place Lourdes. Lourdes is important because of our traditions. But indeed god heals everywhere in the world in all places - with and without wonders. It's perhaps more easy to have faith and hope in Lourdes - but this must not be so. Try to help the people - if you know some - who are currently not able to go to Lourdes. Try to stengthen their hope - help them to fight for their life.

Last edited:

Lourdes is supposed to be a place of healing, closing down the joint in a time of severe pestilence, the worst since the mid 14th Century, doesn't make much sense.

Jesus is the GREAT PHYSICIAN. The Lourdes shrine is a place, a thing. It isn't holy, and people who think it is are placing their trust in a grotto, or a tree, or a talisman, or a statue, or a high place. It is most definitely idol worship as it redirects the worship away from the Savior and places it on something else for salvation.

Jesus is the GREAT PHYSICIAN. The Lourdes shrine is a place, a thing. It isn't holy, ...

What a strange idea, protestant. I never was in Lourdes but I can feel the holiness of such places sometimes nearly physically. As well in churches as in places in cities and in the free nature. I guess it has to do with the spirit of the holy people, who asked and thanked god there. ... Sure an illusion ... or not ... who knows? ... For me it looks like some places have a higher "energy" - a higher holiness - but I guess all places, which god had created, are holy - indepdent from my own perceptions.

I hope our descendents - it will be a wonder, when some will survive the spiritual destruction and hate and irrationality worldwide - will be able to forgive us the shame to have to be descendents from a lifeform, who is on the own a pestilence for themselve and gods living creation, instead to take serios the responsibility in the eyes of the Lord, which is the other side of our freedom.

Protestant! - The money in your purse is not holy. Protestant! Your weapons are not holy. Protestant! Your nationalism is not holy. And protestant! Your hate against the holy catholic church is not holy too. And to misuse a pandemy for your senseless attacks against us shows only how far you are from god - and gives us only an idea about the size of the mountains, we will still have to move - with the help of god.

-----
‘Take off the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.’
-----

-----

Last edited:

Jesus is the GREAT PHYSICIAN. The Lourdes shrine is a place, a thing. It isn't holy, ...

What a strange idea, protestant. I never was in Lourdes but I can feel the holiness of such places sometimes nearly physically. As well in churches as in places in cities and in the free nature. I guess it has to do with the spirit of the holy people, who asked and thanked god there. ... Sure an illusion ... or not ... who knows? ... For me it looks like some places have a higher "energy" - a higher holiness - but I guess all places, which god had created, are holy - indepdent from my own perceptions.

I hope our descendents - it will be a wonder, when some will survive the spiritual destruction and hate and irrationality worldwide - will be able to forgive us the shame to have to be descendents from a lifeform, who is on the own a pestilence for themselve and gods living creation, instead to take serios the responsibility in the eyes of the Lord, which is the other side of our freedom.

Protestant! - The money in your purse is not holy. Protestant! Your weapons are not holy. Protestant! Your nationalism is not holy. And protestant! Your hate against the holy catholic church is not holy too. And to misuse a pandemy for your senseless attacks against us shows only how far you are from god - and gives us only an idea about the size of the mountains, we will still have to move - with the help of god.

-----
‘Take off the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.’
-----

-----

I do agree that the money in my purse is not holy. The weapons are not holy (unless you are referring to the Bible --- the sword of God), and nationalism is not holy. Yet, I do not hate the Roman Catholics. I do believe that the Roman Catholic church believes it is superior to what you are likely calling "Protestant".

The simple fact is that I see all CHRISTIANS as part of the UNIVERSAL/CATHOLIC CHURCH. And CHRIST is the HEAD of HIS CHURCH. The sad reality is that many people are under the impression that salvation comes from denominational membership or with the visiting of some holy shrine. And this is totally an error of thought. Read the Bible and see what exactly the disciples of Christ called holy, and you will not find one shrine or bishop mentioned among them...

Forum List

Back