Monotony-Busting Trend Here

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I live in a northern suburb of Pittsburgh, PA.

Our governor recently issued a "stay at home" order that specifically excluded walking, hiking, running. And presumably riding a bike. My wife and I have been taking a three mile walk every day, moving about the area to alleviate the boredom.

The large park near me has many roads and paved areas where walking is pleasant, and every day there are more pedestrians than the previous day. Tomorrow is predicted to be the nicest day this year...temperature in the high sixties and sunny. It will be literally crowded.

One can suppose that "everyone" on these roads is healthy, at least as far as they know and feel. I wonder if there is a heightened risk of getting Cooties.

Is this stuff going on where you live?

I live in a northern suburb of Pittsburgh, PA.

Our governor recently issued a "stay at home" order that specifically excluded walking, hiking, running. And presumably riding a bike. My wife and I have been taking a three mile walk every day, moving about the area to alleviate the boredom.

The large park near me has many roads and paved areas where walking is pleasant, and every day there are more pedestrians than the previous day. Tomorrow is predicted to be the nicest day this year...temperature in the high sixties and sunny. It will be literally crowded.

One can suppose that "everyone" on these roads is healthy, at least as far as they know and feel. I wonder if there is a heightened risk of getting Cooties.

Is this stuff going on where you live?

Yep, nothing is really changed except people, when they're in an enclosed space like the grocery store, are clearly giving a wide berth. A couple (not a lot) of them are wearing masks, restaurants are take-out only (I think that ends after this week) and my dentist's office is closed. That's about it. I think it's completely a great idea to go out and get some sunshine if you have it. It's good for the constitution.

Similar in my area. Bike paths have walkers and jogging people, not many but is not empty as well.

I do walk to the store (20 plus blocks away) to stay in shape and do something useful as buying something for the house.

However, this order "stay home" is not bringing me good habits. I just finished two bottles of rum and the third one is half empty. Sad to say this quarantine is somehow keeping me "happy".

Forum List

Back