Money, corruption, and wussification combine to torpedo a great sporting tradition

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Boston University Wrestling Program Nixed for New Balance Payday?

"New Balance is one of the largest suppliers of men’s lacrosse equipment in the United States, and a stated desire for BU to add a men’s lacrosse program as part of the new arrangement was at the core of the sponsorship negotiations. On the surface, this seems a reasonable request given the amount of the sponsorship, a large portion of which would be directed toward New Balance field, a standalone facility for the lacrosse and field hockey teams.
However, in order to add men’s lacrosse, it would be necessary for BU to disband one of its current men’s programs to comply with National Collegiate Athletic Association Title IX legislation. There was little hesitation from Boston University, that this program would be men's wrestling."

Read more at Boston University Wrestling Program Nixed for New Balance Payday?

You can always petition your local gay bars to start a mud wrasslin league. Competition watching men roll around on a mat groping each other could just as easily be featured in a venue where it would be most appreciated.

You can always petition your local gay bars to start a mud wrasslin league. Competition watching men roll around on a mat groping each other could just as easily be featured in a venue where it would be most appreciated.

What a surprise that a limp-wristed old poseur like you would go there right away...

What a surprise that a limp-wristed old poseur like you would go there right away...

Nope! I pondered for several hours why you would care enough to present this travesty to the message board. then it came to me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK3-cWDobww]Pitch Perfect I saw a sign - YouTube[/ame]

I actually wrestled in HS. Had some mystical Grecco Roman athlete ideas. Discovered that rolling around on a matt almost naked for the amusement of older men with questionable sexual orientation wasn't my cup o tea. IMHO wrestlers sense of sexual identity is a shade past body builders in the comfortable being a hetrosexual chart.

I actually wrestled in HS. Had some mystical Grecco Roman athlete ideas. Discovered that rolling around on a matt almost naked for the amusement of older men with questionable sexual orientation wasn't my cup o tea. IMHO wrestlers sense of sexual identity is a shade past body builders in the comfortable being a hetrosexual chart.

In other words, you were weak and got your ass kicked so often you just gave up like the spineless loser you would continue to be throughout your life. Of course you needed to give yourself an excuse for your weakness and failure - and this pathetic display seems to be it.

In other words, you were weak and got your ass kicked so often you just gave up like the spineless loser you would continue to be throughout your life. Of course you needed to give yourself an excuse for your weakness and failure - and this pathetic display seems to be it.

Wrong as usual...mostly anyway. No...I was undefeated. I quit the team due to an injury. I broke my foot on a trampoline. I was also a pole vaulter(Spring sport) training on the trampoline. Playing "last man standing". You do a trick..then the other guy/guys do your trick and add one of their own.. then you do your trick and their trick and add another...so on and so forth and we were up to ten or eleven tricks and I went off sideways a bit too much and my foot went through the springs next to the outside rail. I had only just recently gotten into organized wrestling at Shoreline High School in Seattle. I had been competing at pole vaulting since I was 13. I won a couple of meets at Queen Anne High school in Seattle best height 11 feet as a freshman. Then I transfered to Shoreline (My dad and I moved) for my Soph year.. Then we moved again to Olympia because my dad and his wife both got jobs in the area teaching school. We made the move just before the track and field season. I couldn't compete in Olympia because they had transfer regulations that required sitting out a year. Then I moved back up to Seattle to live with my grandparents and enrolled at Inglemoor HS ..again with the transfer regs that prohibited sports participation.

So no...I didn't leave wrestling because it appeared that it attracted gays but it did attract gays which made me uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Wrong as usual...mostly anyway. No...I was undefeated. I quit the team due to an injury. I broke my foot on a trampoline. I was also a pole vaulter(Spring sport) training on the trampoline. Playing "last man standing". You do a trick..then the other guy/guys do your trick and add one of their own.. then you do your trick and their trick and add another...so on and so forth and we were up to ten or eleven tricks and I went off sideways a bit too much and my foot went through the springs next to the outside rail. I had only just recently gotten into organized wrestling at Shoreline High School in Seattle. I had been competing at pole vaulting since I was 13. I won a couple of meets at Queen Anne High school in Seattle best height 11 feet as a freshman. Then I transfered to Shoreline (My dad and I moved) for my Soph year.. Then we moved again to Olympia because my dad and his wife both got jobs in the area teaching school. We made the move just before the track and field season. I couldn't compete in Olympia because they had transfer regulations that required sitting out a year. Then I moved back up to Seattle to live with my grandparents and enrolled at Inglemoor HS ..again with the transfer regs that prohibited sports participation.

So no...I didn't leave wrestling because it appeared that it attracted gays but it did attract gays which made me uncomfortable.

Well that, like all your little tales, reeks of bullshit. Sounds to me like you were a fish who couldn't handle it and made up a little excuse for yourself. It certainly fits the rest of the 'persona' you've presented here. You'd be better off just admitting you were weak and clumsy than going through the motions of this transparent and failed attempt at covering for your obvious latency.

Well that, like all your little tales, reeks of bullshit. Sounds to me like you were a fish who couldn't handle it and made up a little excuse for yourself. It certainly fits the rest of the 'persona' you've presented here. You'd be better off just admitting you were weak and clumsy than going through the motions of this transparent and failed attempt at covering for your obvious latency.

Sorry. The cast on my foot up past my ankle half way up my lower leg made it impossible to wrestle. You have ALWAYS challenged my posts. It is expected. It is in your DNA. I agree that to some degree the complications out of my control as a youth seemed bullshit and frustrating. Going to 4 different schools from 9th grade to Senior made it difficult to impossible to register and compete. The broken foot added to my frustration. Building a pole vault pit up at Nellies S. Milton K-12 up on Orcas and dreaming of becoming a champion pole vaulter turned out much differently than I had imagined. I actually built a crude pit in my front yard in West Sound where I got my start. I was in the 9 ft range 12-13 yrs old using just bamboo poles. My hero was John Pennell from Louisiana when he broke 16 feet with a glass pole.

You can rag on and on with your doubts.. It doesn't matter. I offer one person's experiences and you can make of it what you choose.

Boston University Wrestling Program Nixed for New Balance Payday?

"New Balance is one of the largest suppliers of men’s lacrosse equipment in the United States, and a stated desire for BU to add a men’s lacrosse program as part of the new arrangement was at the core of the sponsorship negotiations. On the surface, this seems a reasonable request given the amount of the sponsorship, a large portion of which would be directed toward New Balance field, a standalone facility for the lacrosse and field hockey teams.
However, in order to add men’s lacrosse, it would be necessary for BU to disband one of its current men’s programs to comply with National Collegiate Athletic Association Title IX legislation. There was little hesitation from Boston University, that this program would be men's wrestling."

Read more at Boston University Wrestling Program Nixed for New Balance Payday?

Sounds like wrestling was nixed at BU because of Title IX.

More like Title $$, and the prejudice of some neck-sweater douchebags.

Forum List

Back