Mom's against Cars.....we have to end the senseless carnage....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Just to show you how stupid bloomberg and his anti gun groups are......

Moms Against Cars For Car Sense in America Fisks Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America - The Truth About Guns

TTAG tipster SS sent us a link to the Moms Against Cars Facebook page. As Ron Weasley might say, it’s brilliant Harry! (How that guy ended up with Hermione is a question for the ages.) MAC’s memorable memes make the Moms look moronic. Make the jump to peruse two more of my favorites. Check out the page for awesome posts on car violence. Meanwhile, well played sir. Well played . . .

Screen-Shot-2016-02-01-at-1.57.20-PM-900x565.png

And it turns out...more kids are killed in these accidents than by guns....

Lives shattered in driveway backover accidents

Adrianna was one of more than 1,200 children under 15 who were killed since 2000 in nontraffic motor vehicle accidents in the United States. Half of those fatalities were in backovers, almost all of them involving children under 5, according to Kids and Cars, a child safety advocacy group in Leawood, Kan.

How many kids are accidentally killed by guns.....

If you cared about people....you would push to ban the following...

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39

Total: 69 ( in a country of 320 million people)

If you have a gun and a car in your home...for the sake of your children...get rid of your car....keep the gun.....

Cars .... Carnage ..... I see what you did there.

Just diga me this Tonto......

---- Ever see a car just accidentally take somebody to some destination?
Oh look -- apples to apples. Bet you never saw that coming.

I guess the difference is how many people buy guns with the intention of abusing them for crimes, vs people who buy cars with ill intent. More people buy cars for normal use.
If it was the other way around, sure, we'd regulate car purchases if it was that badly abused!

Same with arguments that alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana, so why not ban alcohol?
But how many more people buy alcohol for cooking and other things and not "just to get high."
While the majority of people looking to buy marijuana are seeking that, and not just cooking it in food as any other seasoning or ingredient.

Now, if we can't discuss "intent" without getting into "beliefs" then it shows these issues will NOT be resolved by mandating from the top down, trying to take a short cut instead of working it out rationally. Once you start battling with people's beliefs, that is not something govt can be used to mandate without violating Constitutional principles.

Better to address issues of intent and belief per case, and resolve it locally. And quit fighting politically over beliefs trying to make a federal case when both sides are faith-based in what each BELIEVES is more dangerous or is more necessary for public safety. If it's faith based it belongs with the people to work out based on what each believes, not abusing govt to force.

As for gun safety and car safety, why not work on both. The Kids and Cars site is one I respect with ideas to promote to parents whenever I catch perfectly nice families taking it for granted and leaving their kids alone in a car, or with it running.

The NRA and now this new nonprofit I found in Houston Welcome to The Armed Citizen Project | Armed Citizen Project
are both big on teaching respect for gun safety and civic responsibility, especially in context with Constitutional law and enforcement.

We can promote safety in all cases, including addressing mental illness that can take anything and turn it into a weapon. Why not focus on a common factor, regardless if a gun, knife or other weapons or used. Criminal illness needs to be detected and treated early before anyone dies.

No need to play political "comparison games" trying to argue one situation is better or worse.
We need to address the root cause of problems and abuse in ALL cases anyway.

Take care of the whole fruit basket, instead of worrying who's comparing apples with oranges...

Last edited:
I guess the difference is how many people buy guns with the intention of abusing them for crimes, vs people who buy cars with ill intent. More people buy cars for normal use.
If it was the other way around, sure, we'd regulate car purchases if it was that badly abused!

Same with arguments that alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana, so why not ban alcohol?
But how many more people buy alcohol for cooking and other things and not "just to get high."
While the majority of people looking to buy marijuana are seeking that, and not just cooking it in food as any other seasoning or ingredient.

Now, if we can't discuss "intent" without getting into "beliefs" then it shows these issues will NOT be resolved by mandating from the top down, trying to take a short cut instead of working it out rationally. Once you start battling with people's beliefs, that is not something govt can be used to mandate without violating Constitutional principles.

Better to address issues of intent and belief per case, and resolve it locally. And quit fighting politically over beliefs trying to make a federal case when both sides are faith-based in what each BELIEVES is more dangerous or is more necessary for public safety. If it's faith based it belongs with the people to work out based on what each believes, not abusing govt to force.

As for gun safety and car safety, why not work on both. The Kids and Cars site is one I respect with ideas to promote to parents whenever I catch perfectly nice families taking it for granted and leaving their kids alone in a car, or with it running.

The NRA and now this new nonprofit I found in Houston Welcome to The Armed Citizen Project | Armed Citizen Project
are both big on teaching respect for gun safety and civic responsibility, especially in context with Constitutional law and enforcement.

We can promote safety in all cases, including addressing mental illness that can take anything and turn it into a weapon. Why not focus on a common factor, regardless if a gun, knife or other weapons or used. Criminal illness needs to be detected and treated early before anyone dies.

No need to play political "comparison games" trying to argue one situation is better or worse.
We need to address the root cause of problems and abuse in ALL cases anyway.

Take care of the whole fruit basket, instead of worrying who's comparing apples with oranges...

Uh --- the OP is a fruit basket. So I just puréed him and his mulitfruitinoid point. Right to the core.
Maybe he should grow a pear and stop swooning over death machines.

Moms Against Cars For Car Sense in America Fisks Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America - The Truth About Guns

TTAG tipster SS sent us a link to the Moms Against Cars Facebook page. As Ron Weasley might say, it’s brilliant Harry! (How that guy ended up with Hermione is a question for the ages.) MAC’s memorable memes make the Moms look moronic. Make the jump to peruse two more of my favorites. Check out the page for awesome posts on car violence. Meanwhile, well played sir. Well played . . .

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Just to show the ignorance and stupidity of those incapable of rational thought and sound reasoning, such as moronic 'gun rights' extremists making an idiotic 'comparison' between guns and cars.

It's just shameful how we've let these dangerous items spread throughout our society, shameful I tell you. What we need is some kind of reasonable, common sense car control. Even one life lost is one too many.

You consider transportation important. I find the gun more valuable

-Geaux

Just to show the ignorance and stupidity of those incapable of rational thought and sound reasoning, such as moronic 'gun rights' extremists making an idiotic 'comparison' between guns and cars.

The results are the issue, not method of delivery. Guns do not kill any more 'gentle' than cars do. Yet gun grabbers complain about 'DEATHS' not the person or the gun. But DEATHS. But when they support killing babies, death in pools, car crashes etc, then those deaths are acceptable.

So now we can say without a doubt, gun grabbers are liars. They don't care about the 'death', they just care that we have tools that will not allow the complete liberal destruction of our country.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Actually I made no value judgment whatsoever about what's "important". What I did was compare two technologies based on what both of them are actually designed for --- in direct contradiction of the OP's false comparison basis.

Summa y'all look right past the logical points into the contrived nonexistent ones.

The results are the issue, not method of delivery. Guns do not kill any more 'gentle' than cars do. Yet gun grabbers complain about 'DEATHS' not the person or the gun. But DEATHS. But when they support killing babies, death in pools, car crashes etc, then those deaths are acceptable.

So now we can say without a doubt, gun grabbers are liars. They don't care about the 'death', they just care that we have tools that will not allow the complete liberal destruction of our country.

-Geaux

Here's the point that just sailed over your head:

When a car is used to do what it's designed to do, it takes you from point A to point B, when you want it to;
When a gun is used to do what it's designed to do, it kills, maims or threatens people when you want it to.

That's all there is to it.
Waiter --- check please.

Last edited:

-Geaux

Actually I made no value judgment whatsoever about what's "important". What I did was compare two technologies based on what both of them are actually designed for --- in direct contradiction of the OP's false comparison basis.

Summa y'all look right past the logical points into the contrived nonexistent ones.

-Geaux

Here's the point that just sailed over your head:

When a car is used to do what it's designed to do, it takes you from point A to point B, when you want it to;
When a gun is used to do what it's designed to do, it kills, maims or threatens people when you want it to.

That's all there is to it.
Waiter --- check please.

Um sir... You're double parked and about to be towed....

You see, guns are designed for a host of reasons like hunting, target shooting, self defense, and warfare. And a overwhelming majority of gun owner use them lawfully, The ends do not justify the means.... dead equals dead and in the graveyard there are no advantages

-Geaux

IT is a comparison not of cars and guns but of different kinds of ACCIDENTS, i.e. gun accidents to car accidents.

Well another Clayton Brain Fail!

And that was not the OP's comparison. He compared gun ACCIDENTS to car ACCIDENTS.

And once again you couldnt be bothered with actually being honest about any of this.

All you ever do is spew more DNC talking points, repeatedly.

One thing they have in common, is the car is like a "two ton weapon."
When you understand the responsibility, and the capability cars have of killing people,
that's when you have serious drivers paying attention to what they are doing and not taking driving for granted.

I know someone whose dad taught them that as the first lesson in driving,
to remember you are driving a huge heavy weapon that can kill.

I respect that a lot.

(Now, add me as an Asian driver in the front seat,
and you've got a potential terrorist threat on your hands!!)

Keep in mind.....we allow 16 year olds to drive these killing machines without adult supervision....you can't buy a pistol till you are 21......and you can't shoot one at 16 without adult supervision.....

IT is a comparison not of cars and guns but of different kinds of ACCIDENTS, i.e. gun accidents to car accidents.

Well another Clayton Brain Fail!

Dear JimBowie1958 and C_Clayton_Jones
Good point, Jim! But one thing I will say is different in gun accidents and car accidents:
is anyone comparing how many car accidents are two or more cars colliding.

When you have 2-3 guns clashing that usually isn't considered an accident.

You could compare single gun accidents to single car accidents.
You could compare kids getting into cars and causing injury and kids getting into guns.

But comparing multiple car incidents to multiple gun incidents, this isn't going to be counted the same.

It makes sense to me the reason there would be more car accidents,
is you have greater chance of two or more cars colliding from different drivers.

With cars that's still considered an accident,
but with guns it's very rare you'd have a "friendly fire" accident
and would more likely be because some hostile confrontation erupted,
and those stats would not be counted as accidents.

Forum List

Back