Mom mauled by pit bulls wakes from coma to find arms amputated

I have been saying it for at least 10 years.
This breed needs a national reset.
The original breed was a gentle protector. Ideal for a family pet. Not prone to attack anyone or other animals.
But beginning in the 1980, nefarious breeders starting purposefully mating aggressive and large pits. Over 40 years of doing this, today it is pretty much impossible to obtain a pit bull whose bloodline is not tainted. The breed is basically ruined.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.
1) Immediately make it illegal with heavy fines and even criminal prosecution for breeding.
2) Every pit bull must be spade/neutered or face $1000 fine per animal.
3) All pit owners are required to have 6 ft. fencing around property with closed gates at all times. If this is not possible, then the dog must be surrendered.
FUTURE OF THE BREED
It may not be possible to save them. Public safety is paramount to saving the breed. Due to egregiously irresponsible breeding it is possible that there are no original bloodlines left.
then they will switch to german shepards

I've had jobs in the past that put me in situations in which I had to deal with dogs of all kinds. Many tried to bite me. One Shepard was so bad the Postal Service stopped delivering mail to the home.

Now I live in a community where nearly everyone has dogs. One dog tried, twice, to bite me. He had also tried to bite other people and dogs.

All dogs can be vicious. A woman had her eyelid ripped off by a chihuahua.

There was a report on TV about a young boy who had both ears ripped off by a dog. He suffered other bites as well.

I'd like to see ALL dog owners required to carry serious amounts of insurance. I'd also like serious criminal charges levied specifically on dog owners whose "pets" attack people. After all, the dog owner is responsible for the dog's behavior (unless the dog is being teased).

Dog-owning imbeciles also insist on taking their pets to grocery and other stores. They sometimes get into fights in the stores. They are also a nuisance for many other shoppers.

I made up my mind long ago that if a dog ever again tries to bite me, I'll do my best to strangle it. And if the owner gets involved, I'll do my best to kick his stupid ass. I'm sick of having bad experiences with dogs whose owners are too fucking stupid and inconsiderate to learn how to control their animals, and lack common sense about where they take them.

Sorry for the long rant, but many people have good reasons NOT to like dogs, and have good reasons not to want to be around them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back