Mold, leaks, rot: how Brad Pitt’s post-Katrina housing project went horribly wrong

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Mold, leaks, rot: how Brad Pitt’s post-Katrina housing project went horribly wrong

The non-profit project was launched to feverish buzz with support of celebrities from Snoop Dogg to Ellen DeGeneres to Bill Clinton.

The houses now list a frightening array of defects: water intrusion, black mold, porches rotted through, stair rails collapsing, fires caused by electrical problems, plumbing problems and poor ventilation, according to a class-action lawsuit filed against Pitt and his charity by some of the remaining residents. Other residents have reported termite infestations, and multiple residents have fallen sick.

1785.jpg

Brad Pitt stands before an environmentally friendly house under construction in the Hurricane Katrina-battered Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans in August 2007. Photograph: Alex Brandon/AP

LOL....Particle board falls apart in the LA climate....Who would have guessed?
Now all involved are suing each other.

Engineering for your environmental factors?

That's climatist!

Which is kinda like racist...but against Mother Gaia!

Dreams, imagination, and hope will ALWAYS triumph over logic and facts.

In our newer (less white), more liberal (less free), more diverse (lower IQ) America...we will triumph over all past prejudices.

SI SE PUEDE!

FORWARD!

Particleboard would never go on a house I was responsible for building. I put it on a lot of houses as a framing crew worker. A little moisture and it swells. But the inspectors and all involved think its better than plywood.

Particleboard would never go on a house I was responsible for building. I put it on a lot of houses as a framing crew worker. A little moisture and it swells. But the inspectors and all involved think its better than plywood.
A bunch of granola munching, dickheads from NYC and California with zero clue about local environmental factors showed up with inappropriate materials.

Nothing worse than an uncritical, underprepared, idealist.

They will get you killed every time.

Forum List

Back