Moderator contact.

When you need to contact a moderator, you first have to figure out who the moderators are, and then try to figure out which one might be online before you IM them. Why don't you just use the screen name Mod,and give all the moderators access to it. That way people wouldn't be as likely to try taking care of mod business in the open forum. Think of it as a sock account that all the mods share.
Good idea, then all of us can determine if a Mod is biased, that is why this good idea will never be promulgated.

Ohhh come on puppydog...you have been here long enough to know who the mods are and how to contact them off the main board....jeeeze thank God you are not on my side.....
You are in contact with mods off the board? That has to be the largest conflict ever. Name those who you are buddy buddy with!

When you need to contact a moderator, you first have to figure out who the moderators are, and then try to figure out which one might be online before you IM them. Why don't you just use the screen name Mod,and give all the moderators access to it. That way people wouldn't be as likely to try taking care of mod business in the open forum. Think of it as a sock account that all the mods share.

They are listed in the Members area HERE

Moderators have to be members FIRST before they become a Moderator.

You are in contact with mods off the board? That has to be the largest conflict ever. Name those who you are buddy buddy with!
Isnt everybody? I am in contact with more than one. I'm seeing MeBelle and Kat on the side, and both ladies are delighted to be carrying my baby right now.

Just promise not to tell either one because each thinks they are the only one and can get a bit jealous at times, k?.

Of course I know who the mods are. Many don't. One poster even tried to contact them through a thread on the open board today. That happens more often than you might realize. It's just a suggestion to make things easier.

Isn't their status as a moderator shown beneath their avatar?

Problem is then all our paperwork, notes, records wouldn't identify "who done it" in the mod room..

I've asked Admin several times to put the mod list somewhere more obvious -- Just gonna do it myself. I'll add a Moderator list with the link in sticky section of Announcements.

As far as who is ON -- If we're on duty --- it shows in the right hand panel on the HOME PAGE.. About 1/2 way down.. That's how I figure out which mods are here... It's easy..

I'll go post that list... Thanks...

Since moderators service both that function and as members, it would be nice if we knew who is actually "on duty" as opposed to who is "online".

As you pointed out, a moderators can be busy posting, so complaints "will hafta wait".

It would also separate their actions as members, from their actions as moderators.

Since moderators service both that function and as members, it would be nice if we knew who is actually "on duty" as opposed to who is "online".

As you pointed out, a moderators can be busy posting, so complaints "will hafta wait".

It would also separate their actions as members, from their actions as moderators.

Why don't you see if Pelosi can start a Congressional hearing on this?

They are listed in the Members area HERE

Moderators have to be members FIRST before they become a Moderator.
Yes dear, but that doesn't tell who is online, or who specifically is responsible for what ever action you want to talk to them about. Not too much to ask for an IM saying "I moved your thread" or "I deleted your post" so you can discuss it if necessary. They already give you generic notifications --- "your thread has been moved" or your post has been deleted." It wouldn't be any more trouble to make it a quick identifying IM instead.

In my opinion, Forum Moderators should do their moderation duties FIRST when they come online, then after they have caught up go make a post, but when a new moderation need pops up they should tackle that first even if they are in the middle of making a post.

Yes dear, but that doesn't tell who is online, or who specifically is responsible for what ever action you want to talk to them about. Not too much to ask for an IM saying "I moved your thread" or "I deleted your post" so you can discuss it if necessary. They already give you generic notifications --- "your thread has been moved" or your post has been deleted." It wouldn't be any more trouble to make it a quick identifying IM instead.

Really does it matter which moderator did it or why they did it?

I have had posts moved or deleted, I shrug and go on, never complain about it as YOU do a lot. I don't care WHO did it either because they are doing the best they can. I reported a post the other day, don't know who removed it, don't care as it was done and that is what matters.

Very few forums use the FORMAL moderation approach to what YOU seek, but most forums including this one do it INFORMALLY because that is the standard way it is done, Moderators do not have to explain their actions to you or me.

One last time, Moderators DO NOT have to explain their moderation decisions to anyone!

Really does it matter which moderator did it or why they did it?

I have had posts moved or deleted, I shrug and go on, never complain about it as YOU do a lot. I don't care WHO did it either because they are doing the best they can. I reported a post the other day, don't know who removed it, don't care as it was done and that is what matters.

Very few forums use the FORMAL moderation approach to what YOU seek, but most forums including this one do it INFORMALLY because that is the standard way it is done, Moderators do not have to explain their actions to you or me.

One last time, Moderators DO NOT have to explain their moderation decisions to anyone!
No they don't have to explain anything. That's why they can get away with so much partisan douchebaggery.

No they don't have to explain anything. That's why they can get away with so much partisan douchebaggery.

I happen to have a clue in what they go through dealing with people like YOU, who make unreasonable irrational demands from the moderation team to explain anything over small things.

If you think they made a mistake about your post or article, send a nice PM explaining about it otherwise drop the hostility, it isn't going to make any difference for you.

In some forums your post 35 would be enough to get you thread banned since you are attacking the moderators which I consider being done in poor taste.

I happen to have a clue in what they go through dealing with people like YOU, who make unreasonable irrational demands from the moderation team to explain anything over small things.

If you think they made a mistake about your post or article, send a nice PM explaining about it otherwise drop the hostility, it isn't going to make any difference for you.

In some forums your post 35 would be enough to get you thread banned since you are attacking the moderators which I consider being done in poor taste.
Oh forgive me. There has never been anything in poor taste posted here, and I wouldn't want to be the first to do such an uncouth thing.

Good idea, then all of us can determine if a Mod is biased, that is why this good idea will never be promulgated.

Dont' know why this old thread got rebooted.. The idea of having ONE mod account just cant' work at all. All the documentation and records wouldn't tell us which mod to consult on a particular action. We NEED to be able to identity who is doing what and when.. What do we do to REVIEW individual mod actions when looking for bias or inconsistency with ONE MOD LOG-IN??Seems kinda obvious -- but thanks for asking.

Besides -- we dont want to be anonymous and that would actually HURT your goal of checking our "biases" and preferences... Which BTW -- we poll all the time.. All we got to do is to LOOK at the "hate mail" that we get in PMs.. And hardly a day when I don't get accused of coddling BOTH political parties.

We just enforce TOPIC CONTROL.. There's no way to be biased about that. We want ON TOPIC discussions with a bit of effort to FOCUS on the SPECIFIC topic of every thread.

All YOU got to do is go look at Badlands and SEE that crap is moved there with fairly equal frequency from BOTH SIDES.. Although I've noticed that the sick party that is CURRENTLY OUT of power gets more threads moved there BECAUSE they are angry, deranged, and desperate to be BACK in power. That's America my comrades... Elections solve little.. About 1/2 the country hates the current leadership.. And the side that LOVES their leadership are just pretending or true asshats.

Last edited:

You against "community policing"? Having the enforcers get to KNOW the folks in neighborhoods? Seems like you're at odds with a fairly good concept.

Besides -- folks dont show their "honest selves" when in partisan battle.. You'd be shocked to find out how different they are one on one... Most of them anyways.. :auiqs.jpg:

That's what I USED TO LIKE about USMB.. And why I hung out a lot in the FZone.. But in past 6 or 8 years, MOST of the personnas in conflict on the board have become "less lovable"... Just that way in America right now..

Forum List

Back