MLK Statue Will Soon Stand Outside Of Georgia's Statehouse

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
n-MARTIN-LUTHER-KING-IN-SELMA-ALABAMA-large570.jpg

While the country watches the contentious debate over whether the Confederate flag will be removed from some state capitol buildings, a statue of Martin Luther King Jr. is expected to soon grace the grounds outside of the Georgia statehouse.

On Monday, State Rep. Calvin Smyrer confirmed that plans to build the statue of the civil rights icon are officially underway, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The statue will reportedly stand eight-feet tall and include inscriptions of some of King's powerful words along its base. Governor Nathan Deal first announced plans for the statue last year.

“Placing a statue of Dr. King at the Capitol of his home state is a long overdue honor,” Deal said in a press release.

The state has commissioned Georgian artist Andy Davis to design the towering structure. The statue is scheduled to be completed in early 2016.

8-Foot-Tall Statue Of Martin Luther King Jr. Will Soon Stand Outside Of Georgia's Statehouse

I applaud Georgia for honoring this great man in his home state. We should all be proud.

I'm very sure Georgia will get the quotes correct...unlike president Obama.

Oval Office rug wrongly attributes quote to MLK - CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com

While the origins of Parker’s proclamation are rarely cited in today’s public discourse, a search on even the most basic of research tools, Wikipedia, reveals Parker as the voice behind the words.​
More statues of more REPUBLICANS is always a good thing.
Today's Republican is so stupid they actually believe what you typed.
Today's Republicans also called him a Communist.
Can't you people stick to just one revisionist's attempt at history????

I'm very sure Georgia will get the quotes correct...unlike president Obama.

Oval Office rug wrongly attributes quote to MLK - CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com

While the origins of Parker’s proclamation are rarely cited in today’s public discourse, a search on even the most basic of research tools, Wikipedia, reveals Parker as the voice behind the words.​
More statues of more REPUBLICANS is always a good thing.

Dr. King was a great man, his work helped to right a grave injustice.

Cool. We're not ISIS. We allow monuments to stand. Even ones we disagree with. We're diverse and tolerant.

MLK was a great American. He'd be disgusted my the modern left. But he should be honores.

While the country watches the contentious debate over whether the Confederate flag will be removed from some state capitol buildings, a statue of Martin Luther King Jr. is expected to soon grace the grounds outside of the Georgia statehouse.

On Monday, State Rep. Calvin Smyrer confirmed that plans to build the statue of the civil rights icon are officially underway, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The statue will reportedly stand eight-feet tall and include inscriptions of some of King's powerful words along its base. Governor Nathan Deal first announced plans for the statue last year.

“Placing a statue of Dr. King at the Capitol of his home state is a long overdue honor,” Deal said in a press release.

The state has commissioned Georgian artist Andy Davis to design the towering structure. The statue is scheduled to be completed in early 2016.

8-Foot-Tall Statue Of Martin Luther King Jr. Will Soon Stand Outside Of Georgia's Statehouse

I applaud Georgia for honoring this great man in his home state. We should all be proud.
Separate issues. Both are noble. But hypocritical lefties are too fascist and intolerant to apply intellect. It's all about mob rule.

Yo, yes, he was a great "Republican" who fought with Democrats JFK and LBJ!!!

"GTP"
LBJ below!
00S0S_4EfEb0E3FlQ_600x450 (1).jpg

I'm certain having a statue will improve race relations. Just like renaming streets as MLK Blvd brought those neighborhoods out of squalor and blight.

"Hmm, where should I park? On MLK Blvd or Ronald Reagan street? Hmmm."

Besides, naming streets after Reagan wasn't intended to "lift those sorry oppressed people out of their mental bondage" as Progressives like to say when they want streets renamed in some sh*tbags' honor. Like Cop Killer Mumia or the sort.

Forum List

Back