MLB Game at Field of Dreams

RoshawnMarkwees

Assimilationist
Dec 23, 2009
Middle class, suburban ghetto.
I loved the movie but these are my two least favorite teams.

It's not even being played at the field. It's a completely different field so..................................absolutely not interested.

I was really looking forward to this tonight… then I found out this morning that the game ISN'T being played in the cornfield but at an 8000 seat stadium adjacent to the movie property.

Screw that.

It is on now. Lets all stop the negativity for now and enjoy .I got my Dagwood sandwich and cold drink and ready to watch some good baseball. :cool:

Last edited:
Negative Nancy Syndrome is running amuck... It's a phucking game with more meaning to it than RBI's and final scores... Grow up ladies...

Notice who the 3 posters are that have attitudes... Phucking progressives...

1628811296955.png

Negative Nancy Syndrome is running amuck... It's a phucking game with more meaning to it than RBI's and final scores... Grow up ladies...

View attachment 524910
Ironic in that the Cal Berkeley graduates in that movie were fighting to prohibit the banning of books in public school in the name of free speech.
Just the opposite of today’s Cal Berkeley graduates, et al, banning books in the name of wokeness.

BTW, what’s the ‘meaning’ you’re referring to?

Boys Of Summer

Mark Orr

a tribute to the boys of summer
baseball's high and mighty
to those who played the game with grace
like joltin Joe and Whitey

hard work and dedication
swung Casey's heavy bat
and most of all they loved the game
you can be quite sure of that

the crack of the bat...the roar of the crowd
the smell of fresh cut grass
fathers and sons making memories
the kind that will forever last

I still get chills when I see the old reels
of the Babe pointing up to the sky
and after all these years I still can't hide the tears
when I hear Gehrig's recount of that final goodbye

So long to the boys of summer
To Mickey and Roger and Joe
I like to think they're still playing somewhere
and giving one h*** of a show.

Attachments

• 1628816513355.jpg
    1628816513355.jpg
    827 bytes · Views: 21
Kopech pitching for the White Sox . 100 MPH pitches! Not sure if I could see a 100mph pitched to me much less react in time.

8-9 Sox win in a great exciting game. Those who wonder why people like base ball should have seen this game .It would answered all questions.

8-9 Sox win in a great exciting game. Those who wonder why people like base ball should have seen this game .It would answered all questions.
The issue today with Baseball is that the men who play it live in multiple mansions. And it really is not worth it anymore. For that price I would rather just see highlights and not support them in anyway other then that. I would go to a Baseball Game before going to the Beach at one time decades ago. And have. Went to the Beach after a few times. If you do it right you can take a couple of days or more at a resort to a place that is cheaper then spending a few hours at a game. And the game is not guaranteed to be a good one.

It's not even being played at the field. It's a completely different field so..................................absolutely not interested.
It was right next to the place in the movie. Don't be a dick.

New Topics

Forum List

Back