Mitt Romney: "My Disaster Relief Plan"

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Mitt Romney: "My Disaster Relief Plan"

One of my first acts as president will be to dissolve the Federal Emergency Management Administration. The private sector can do a much better job of managing disaster relief if we allow them to do so.

Under my plan, the money the government currently spends funding FEMA will be shifted to a contract with Sensata Technologies. Take a look at their website and you'll see they are a very well-managed company. Their success in the cut-throat world of electronic sensor production provides them with all the experience required to manage the disaster relief needs of this nation.

The Sensata contract will save the taxpayers money by downsizing the disaster response infrastructure. Extravagances like shelters, temporary housing, public health, search and rescue, and debris and floodwater removal will be axed from the budget . Instead, the contract will provide for telecommunications centers in Guangzhou, Tianjin, and Mumbai.

And instead of getting a free ride on the taxpayers' dime, the suffering victims will be refused benefits that they don't pay for, either by purchasing a highly price-inflated plan in advance, or by paying cash on delivery.

I'm watching a Romney/Ryan rally in Westchester, Ohio. Thousands of overweight, old white people dancing to a recorded "Do You Love Me". It started to make my ears ache and my eyes bleed. I'm going to turn it over to something more pleasant. Alien Resurrection on HBO.

True Story.

And instead of getting a free ride on the taxpayers' dime, the suffering victims will be refused benefits that they don't pay for, either by purchasing a highly price-inflated plan in advance, or by paying cash on delivery.

Nothing like poor people being charged for being rescued. And who said Republicans don't have a heart?

blackheart.gif

Nothing like poor people being charged for being rescued. And who said Republicans don't have a heart?
How much do these organizations charge for their disaster relief efforts, you obtuse hack?

Disaster Relief Agencies and Nongovernment Organizations

If FEMA is privatized it will be a corporate vampire opertion, not a charity.

It depends on who is running it. Remember all the no bid contracts Bush used to purchase tens of thousands of formaldehyde filled carcinogenic trailers? Too bad they weren't made right. We could have used them now.

That's how Republicans do business. Prime examples of why government fails when they are in charge.

Romney will be long gone when all his privatizing implodes into frenzies of ineptitude and disrepair.

I'm watching a Romney/Ryan rally in Westchester, Ohio. Thousands of overweight, old white people dancing to a recorded "Do You Love Me". It started to make my ears ache and my eyes bleed. I'm going to turn it over to something more pleasant. Alien Resurrection on HBO.

True Story.

when I went to my wife's 40 th HS reunion there was some guy out there break dancing and doing the moon walk and was really cutting the rug.
She said to me I could have married that guy, but I chose you instead.
And I replied, "ya, and he's still celebrating."

too bad romney is loosing is all swing states lol

Don't celebrate too soon. This is the party of dirty tricks. They're not known for fighting fair and their base doesn't care either. Look at how upset they got when one of their own, Chris Christie, acted like a decent guy and actually worked with Obama even though it was to help his own constituents.

How much do these organizations charge for their disaster relief efforts, you obtuse hack?

Disaster Relief Agencies and Nongovernment Organizations
I notice none of you wisenheimers has come up with an answer for that one.

True Story.

I'm ashamed to call you my FELLOW AMERCIAN

Forum List

Back