Mitt Romney Calls on NATO to Prepare for Nuclear Strike from Russia

Mitt has always had a case of running mouth... He must want to feel relevant again as Utah is about to give this idiot the boot just like us Wyoming folk are giving Liz Cheney.
To say the least he lied to get elected pretending yet again to be a conservative and has entirely disserved his constituents since taking office.

Meantime, we keep getting more and more involved, making threats and all kinds of provocations while sending missiles, planes, bombs and billions of dollars.
We haven't sent any aircraft to Ukraine.

Until NATO countries start putting troops on the ground in Ukraine or in the skies above in direct conflict with Russia this is nothing but histrionics.

Even in that case, any NATO country that chooses direct military conflict with Russia will give up it's Article 5 protections. As far as the NATO Charter is concerned any nation doing so is on it's own.

No, he's just saying stupid things to get noticed again. He's almost certainly planning another run for POTUS in 2024 so he has to keep his name in the press.
Most likely Romney knows he can never win the Presidency. His objective is to run third Party and take enough votes away from Trump to allow the Democrat to win.

Last edited:
Most likely Romney knows he can never win the Presidency. His objective is to take enough votes away from Trump to allow the Democrat to win.
The only way he could even begin to do that would be to run a 3rd party candidacy and he'll never do that, it would be his political end.

That's the part I don't understand.

Why is he so interested in getting schlonged again by the Democrats? Wasn't once enough for him?
I think he may run third Party. He has no desire to win just to make sure Trump doesn’t.

The only way he could even begin to do that would be to run a 3rd party candidacy and he'll never do that, it would be his political end.
Romney is 75 years old. He is rich. Perhaps his goal would be to stop Trump from becoming President and retire. It’s obvious he dislikes Trump.

Romney is 75 years old. He is rich. Perhaps his goal would be to stop Trump from becoming President and retire. It’s obvious he dislikes Trump.

There's never enough money or power for someone like Romney. He's literally the flipside of the same coin with Trump on the opposite side.

There's never enough money or power for someone like Romney. He's literally the flipside of the same coin with Trump on the opposite side.
I would just retire and enjoy the money and what it would buy.

In fact I did retire … when I was a month short of 60. I have never worked a day since and will turn 76 in June. To me power is a pain in the ass because you should use it responsibly. I am not rich by any means but so far I am not on a budget. Unfortunately with Sleepy Joe as President we may end up in a depression. My 401K may end up as a 101K. The company I get a pension from may go belly up. There may not be enough taxes to cover Medicare and Social Security.

Joe Biden has the reverse Midas Touch. Everything he touches turns to shit.

F**k Joe Biden.

Romney was washing millions of dollars through Ukraine, perhaps tens of millions, he is a traitor to the United States, one of a cabal of psychopaths in US senate who were heavily involved in illegal money laundering in Ukraine, he is also heavily involved with Bill Gates, and the Biden clan in bio-weapon labs scattered all around Ukraine! Romney, Biden, Kerry, Graham, the Clinton's, Pelosi, and others in both houses were all heavily involved in corruption in Ukraine, which is precisely why they impeached Trump, because Trump and his attorney/friend Rudy Gulianni were right over the target in Ukraine as they followed the trail of Biden family criminality through Ukraine, Trump thought it was just Biden & Kerry, but it was actually a good 2/3rds of the entire senate and leadership in house of reps who were involved!
Post links to unbiased sources or none of that is true.

What did Romney say that was so bad anyway? Isn't being prepared for a worst case attack a prudent position to take?

He's such a blowhard, tool. He seems to be saying NATO doesn't already have planned responses ready to implement in such a situation. If he's hoping to intimidate little Vlad, he's wasting his time. All he's apt to accomplish is to rally Russians around Putin and embolden him even further.
Actually, this wishful thinking and ignorance are real problems of the Western military and political leadership. Especially if we are talking about the current - corrupted and incompetent Administration.
Putin has changed all the rules now and the world is a much more dangerous place. For the first time since the proliferation of nukes, we have a world leader threatening to use them as a response to a conventional conflict. How do we go back to where we were again? He presided over the dismantling of the nation he supposedly cherished and has often spoken of rebuilding that empire. He had to bow to the reality that Russia alone will never be able to have parity with NATO. His solution was to stock up on modern, low yield devices he could use to create some shock and awe and force a negotiated settlement AFTER Russia had the gains they wanted.
Actually, no. Back in fifties 'Nuclear Tripware' was an official strategy of the USA. And there were plenty of military thinkers suggesting to use it even in the peripheral Asiatic wars.

We successfully descended through Cuban Missile Crisis to the safety level of the Korean war, with the little difference - now the Russians believe that they are nuclear upperdogs and NATO's 'proxy forces' (AFU) attack directly Russian people.

So, after fifties we are going directly in forties. You know:

Can we win WWIII now? I very doubt.

Now, that policy is shown to be a dangerous fantasy and he realizes he has NOTHING ELSE. If his military or his Oligarch cronies try to assassinate him and they miss, he might very well order a 5-10 KT airburst to take out a Ukrainian or even a Polish or Baltic city as a warning that he's willing to do whatever it takes to survive. The question is, what would we do in response?
The answer is that right now we can do nothing. We have no ability to fight and win a Local Nuclear War, and we have no the Credible First Strike Capability (capability of decreasing the Russian potentional retaliation strike to 'acceptable' levels). So, the choice will be simple:
a) give up Ukraine, and may be, Eastern Europe;
b) commite murder-suicide.
Actually it's not a choice, and the Russians know it.
What we really need to do now - is to save US economy, improve nuclear forces and wait for the better opportunity.

Forum List

Back