Mitt Romney Calls Military, Elderly And Poor Lazy

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
I admit it: I’m challenged to constantly come up with new superlatives to describe Mitt Romney’s latest craven and/or self-destructive move on the campaign trail. The latest outrage: leaked video of Romney telling wealthy donors that 47 percent of Americans back President Obama because they are “‘victims’ who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, you name it. And they will vote for this president no matter what.”

Where to begin?

David Corn of Mother Jones obtained the video and verified its authenticity. The Romney campaign did too; its statement in response is so weak I’ll get to it at the end of this post.

Here’s the core of what Romney told his donors, in response to a question about how he can prevail over Obama:

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax….[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

I want to break down the cruelty and the inaccuracy of what Romney said. That 47 percent “who pay no income tax” has become a core issue in the campaign for Republicans. But according to the Washington Post, of those Americans who don’t pay federal income taxes, 29% pay payroll taxes, and almost a quarter are elderly. The most important point is: they all work, and most are eligible for a federal tax credit for low-wage earners that was a Republican idea, as an alternative to welfare (this is my hobby horse and I won’t ride it now, if you care you can read about it here and in my book.) Oh, and the U.S. military is apparently also counted in this number. Those parasites.

Mitt Romney insults half the country - Salon.com

Where did he say the Military is lazy? Where did he say ANYONE was lazy?

I read the article 3 times, what am I missing here? :confused:

Gallup asked:This question:
"Some people think the government is trying to do too many things that should be left to individuals and businesses. Others think that government should do more to solve our country's problems Which comes closer to your own view?"

$fdlyns-9z0or4ghsryewvq.gif

Majority in U.S. Still Say Government Doing Too Much

67% of the Democrats WANT MORE government!

My goodness... what would these Democrats do if there were NO government?

I mean do these people truly honestly believe goods and services provided by the government GROWS magically on trees?

Are these Democrats truly THAT STUPID? To think that ALL problems are solved by more laws? More cops on the corners?

See this is why when people look at TODAY's Democrat party.. they are amazed at their naivete! Amazed at how truly ignorant these
Democrats are of how the REAL world works!

NOT one of these ignorant democrats understand that they are so f...king dependent that at any time they are totally alive ONLY because the government is taking care of them from womb to tomb!

These ignorant f..ks... are so dumb they have absolutely NO idea that TAXES fund their existence! TAXES paid by 53% support the remaining 47%. I've yet to have any of these idiots explain how the Federal/state/local governments would RUN without TAX PAYMENTS?

47 percent of Americans back President Obama because they are “‘victims’ who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them.

Romney is correct.

So you and Romney think that active duty military members who don't pay income taxes are "'victims' who believe that the government has the responseibility to care for them".

Nice.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back