Mitt Romney Big Death

cranston36

Apr 11, 2006
I was horrified to see that a woman had been killed by falling tiles in the ‘Big Dig’ Tunnel under Boston.
I am troubled to see that Governor Mitt Romney is moving to gain control of inspections of the tunnel. I suppose for the State of Massachusetts.
It occurs to me that giving Mitt Romney’s office more control over the tunnel will be about as effective as Governor Bush’s control over the border in Texas. During Mr. Bush’s governorship in Texas over 5 million illegal immigrants entered Texas alone.
The tunnel is a Federal project. The tunnel problems cannot be adequately overseen by the office of the Governor of Massachusetts.
In light of the fact that Mr. Romney is considering a run for the presidency I look with doubt on his basic reasons for wishing to take over the inspections of the tunnel project. The results of any inspections will then be unavailable to the national audience.
Americans from coast to coast will be unable to fairly determine whether or not Governor Mitt Romney could have and should have done much more to ensure that the project was on time, within budget and most importantly - safe. It seems he didn’t do much of anything about it - until, finally, this woman was killed.
Predictably the Republicans in the Massachusetts House and Senate followed along.
A Federal level review of the project, I feel, is in order.
Romney’s apparently politically motivated investigation will, I believe, yield little and hide much.

Why do you assume its politically motivated? My natural reaction would be exactly the same, not because of politics, but because someone died. Especially when its someone I have responsibility and care about. (And shouldnt all politicians care about the citizens in their state/nation?)

What really shocks me is that I haven't seen Kennedy or Kerry doing much. And since it is a federal project, they do have some control over it.

Forum List

Back