Mitt LIES again

At a GOP primary debate in June 2011, Romney, when asked about FEMA's budget woes and how he would deal with it, had said, "Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction. And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better."

That..really is scary.

interesting how the article in the OP doesn't prove any kind of lie by Romney.

"Gov. Romney believes that states should be in charge of emergency management in responding to storms and other natural disasters in their jurisdictions," Henneberg said. "As the first responders, states are in the best position to aid affected individuals and communities, and to direct resources and assistance to where they are needed most. This includes help from the federal government and FEMA."
The dumb ass OP seems to think restructuring is the same as eliminating.

FAIL

Now Mitt is a smiling face with no idea of a tax plan behind it but I could be talked into limiting Federal dollar aid for stupid things.

To use my home state for example, my Republican friends witb no memories or a love of bailout welfare keep building more and more stuff in known floodplains like there is no high land in Missouri.

So, when Chesterfield or the new StPeters development go underwater next make it a state problem or better yet a problem for just that municipality. Same for New Orleans.

There, I sorta sided with Mitt.

At a GOP primary debate in June 2011, Romney, when asked about FEMA's budget woes and how he would deal with it, had said, "Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction. And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better."

That..really is scary.

Yes, that you and others that worship at the alter of the central planners would find such a statement scary is indeed scary.

interesting how the article in the OP doesn't prove any kind of lie by Romney.

"Gov. Romney believes that states should be in charge of emergency management in responding to storms and other natural disasters in their jurisdictions," Henneberg said. "As the first responders, states are in the best position to aid affected individuals and communities, and to direct resources and assistance to where they are needed most. This includes help from the federal government and FEMA."
The dumb ass OP seems to think restructuring is the same as eliminating.

FAIL

Again we see projection by the Left. In almost every thread he starts Nuddly claims Mitt lied about this or that. But it only takes 2 or 3 posts to figure out that Nuddly is the one lying, not Mitt.

The American Red Cross wanted me to donate for Hurricane Sandy victims but I said not to worry we got FEMA beeotch! Crisis Averted.

And the rw's do their usual pretzel act.

Learn to read.

Once again, you cannot backup your claims with any specificity. The link you provided in no way shows that Romney lied.

How many times must you fail? It's just pathetic.

That..really is scary.

Yes, that you and others that worship at the alter of the central planners would find such a statement scary is indeed scary.

I don't "worship" anything.

And yeah..I find it scary.

Moving emergency planning to the private sector, where "profit motive" is the prime directive, bodes badly when the mission statement of disaster recovery in the public sector should be saving lives.

That's very scary.

That..really is scary.

Moving emergency planning to the private sector, where "profit motive" is the prime directive, bodes badly when the mission statement of disaster recovery in the public sector should be saving lives.

That's very scary.

Couldn't disagree more. It's the private sector and their 'profit motive' that produces innovation, efficiency, and the need to produce excellent results if they are to stay in business. Choice is powerful and we don't get that with government monopolies.

Ironically, it's the Mormons who have a stellar history of providing privately funded disaster relief faster, better, and more efficiently than any government.

I posted that this would be Mittens' next lie and sure nuff ...

Would Romney abolish FEMA? His campaign says no | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Okay, rw pretzels ... Its time for you to

TWIST AND SHOUT

:badgrin::lol:

Man your a dishonest twat aren't ya? There isn't an honest bone in your body is there? What did FEMA do? It was prepareness of the local and state officials with assistance from FEMA that helped. Local and State organization know the state, landscape, resource and terrain better. They are ten fold better prepared than a Federal organization.

Romney never said he would get rid of FEMA. He would scale them back and give more FUNDS to the STATES to handle disaster relief. That's the better way.

Maybe you should stop tossing stones from glass houses and get a job!

That's very scary.

Couldn't disagree more. It's the private sector and their 'profit motive' that produces innovation, efficiency, and the need to produce excellent results if they are to stay in business. Choice is powerful and we don't get that with government monopolies.

Ironically, it's the Mormons who have a stellar history of providing privately funded disaster relief faster, better, and more efficiently than any government.

After katrina privarte companies like WalMart and Home Depot provided more aid faster than the gov't possibly could have.
It goes back to the leftist mentality that government is always better than the private sector. As though gov't were some benevolent being wihout any ulterior motives at all.

That..really is scary.

That's very scary.

But it will be very profitable for the corporations, which is all the present day working stiff republicans care about anyway for some strange reason..

That..really is scary.
Yes, scary as hell, and that clip, with John King, is being shown repeatedly on TV.

That's very scary.

But it will be very profitable for the corporations, which is all the present day working stiff republicans care about anyway for some strange reason..

If it moves, tax it.
If it still moves, regulate it.
If it stops moving, subsidize it.
-RR.

Forum List

Back