Mitch wants his conference to say nice things about Democrats Sinema & Manchin so that they don't abolish the filibuster & thus "save the institution"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Biden has united America!

excerpts:

McConnell is modeling his own advice, lauding Manchin for almost “single-handedly” preserving the Senate and expressing admiration for him back home in Kentucky. In a brief interview, the often-reticent Republican leader was, by his standards, effusive about both Democrats.

“What they’ve been very forthright about is protecting the institution against pressures from their own party. I know what that’s like,” McConnell said, referring to former President Donald Trump’s demands that he kill the filibuster. “Every time I said no. And it’s nice that there are Democrats left who respect the institution and don’t want to destroy the very essence of the Senate.”

McConnell’s top lieutenant, John Thune of South Dakota, chats up both Democrats frequently on the floor and sometimes hangs out with them outside the Senate. He spoke of Manchin and Sinema in almost reverential terms on Wednesday.

“For me right now, they’re almost guardians of democracy because they’re trying to protect us from the loss of the legislative filibuster and everything that would come with that. They’re good people,” Thune said in an interview. “They want to do the right thing.”

Manchin didn’t quite return the compliments when asked about Republicans’ praise. Sure, he’s sincere about working with them, but at some point he hopes the GOP budges a bit on its unrelenting criticism of President Joe Biden’s domestic agenda.

“I just hope they help me a little bit in bipartisanship,” Manchin said of Republicans. “That’s all."

excerpts:

McConnell is modeling his own advice, lauding Manchin for almost “single-handedly” preserving the Senate and expressing admiration for him back home in Kentucky. In a brief interview, the often-reticent Republican leader was, by his standards, effusive about both Democrats.

“What they’ve been very forthright about is protecting the institution against pressures from their own party. I know what that’s like,” McConnell said, referring to former President Donald Trump’s demands that he kill the filibuster. “Every time I said no. And it’s nice that there are Democrats left who respect the institution and don’t want to destroy the very essence of the Senate.”

McConnell’s top lieutenant, John Thune of South Dakota, chats up both Democrats frequently on the floor and sometimes hangs out with them outside the Senate. He spoke of Manchin and Sinema in almost reverential terms on Wednesday.

“For me right now, they’re almost guardians of democracy because they’re trying to protect us from the loss of the legislative filibuster and everything that would come with that. They’re good people,” Thune said in an interview. “They want to do the right thing.”

Manchin didn’t quite return the compliments when asked about Republicans’ praise. Sure, he’s sincere about working with them, but at some point he hopes the GOP budges a bit on its unrelenting criticism of President Joe Biden’s domestic agenda.

“I just hope they help me a little bit in bipartisanship,” Manchin said of Republicans. “That’s all."
Meanwhile, REAL Americans have this message for you Liberretards:

FUCK YOU AND YOUR "UNITY"!!!!!

That is all.

excerpts:

WYESO?

It may not happen this year or next, assuming Manchin and Sinema do not cave, but I do worry that at some point in the future (near or far) the democrats will abolish the filibuster and change this country forever. And not for the better either; it's one thing to undo what the last guy did, or the last Congress, but much of what the democrats want to do is irreversible. Once the filibuster is gone, it's gone for good. Once they pack the Court, it's stays packed for what could be a long time. Once they admit DC and/or Puerto Rico into statehood, it's done. Once they spend trillions of dollars on whatever they want, that money is gone too, and the debt grows larger and larger, along with the associated consequences. And we'll still have the same concerns about global warming/climate change, immigration and the crisis on the southern border, and issues with China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea to name a few.

Manchin seems pretty solid against it.

On the other hand, who knows what he'll be offered to "evolve" his thinking.

Yeah, maybe if they give Manchin's wife a bigger job in the administration they might be able to buy him off... Quid Pro Quo....

Sinema is easily the most schtuppable woman in all the Democrat Party.

Does that count?

Batman.jpg

Manchin seems pretty solid against it.

On the other hand, who knows what he'll be offered to "evolve" his thinking.
At this point, I'm not sure Schumer would stop with sweetening the deal. Manchin might get one of those offers he can't refuse (if he wants to be around and breathing) NOTHING is too evil for these scum.

excerpts:

Who gives a shit? Go ahead...abolish it. Then cry later on like you always do. Really bad Idea to abolish it but you know what? They aren't going to stop until they do so they might as well do it now.

JO

"Romney said he speaks to both of them “every day,” describing the two prominent filibuster backers as proxies for a larger group of Democrats who more quietly voice their own concerns about killing the 60-vote threshold."

Yeah, but do those other democrats have the balls to vote no to abolish the filibuster? Obviously they don't have the balls to say so out loud, do they?

Most of the time, one party gets in and does shit that the next party undoes, right? But this time the democrats want to do shit that can't be undone. Stuff that the next Congress can't undo, the filibuster being an example. You know that $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill, emphasis on 'bipartisan'? That doesn't happen if the filibuster doesn't exist to coerce moderate senators from both sides to work out a compromise. It ain't easy but it's the way our gov't should work, "tyranny of the majority" is not a good thing.

Forum List

Back