Mitch McConnell and the Russian Probe

D

Dim Bulb

Mitch sees that as long as the Senate probes Russia he has political leverage on the president. He has an incentive to keep it going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch sees that as long as the Senate probes Russia he has political leverage on the president. He has an incentive to keep it going.
Zzzzz
Yup. Republicans working against ourselves in the pursuit of raw political leverage. The Art of The Deal as practiced by Mitch.
Sorry ... wasn't intended to be an insult - simply that your opinion re Mitch may be valid at a glance it makes sense... but doesn't inspire much conversation ... how doe's one reply to that ?

Trump's basic gripe with McConnell is that the Russia probe hasn't been shut down, but McConnell doesn't have the power to unilaterally start or end a criminal justice probe about whether a campaign broke laws. IF there was any such power, Obama would have installed Hillary. In a strange way, Trump's problems are not unlike Hillary's. The only way to shut down charges of something illegal is to put ALL the facts known at the time and say "we did this because this is what we knew." Hillary's problem was she had to know the private server was not ok. And Trump's story continually changes as we learn he's lied about what contacts occurred, and he lies again and again.

And it does matter. McConnell could have delivered on significant tax reform. But Trump wanted to do HC reform for a political purpose unrelated to running the country. He said he was going to give every one better cheaper HC on day one. He lied about that because that is just NOT POSSIBLE. So, what he required congress to do was NEVER going to happen. Now, we're on to tax reform, and Trump's litmus test is funding the fucking wall. This week, tax reform died. And now the gop is just looking at some kind of a tax cut before Thanksgiving. What a fucking turkey.

BULLSHIT!
Mitch KNOWS and President Trump KNOWS there never was any 'russian collusion'!
How can you hold something over someone who hasn't done anything wrong?
Mueller is going to run out of steam looking for the magic white unicorn on President Trump's lawn that never was.
He's wrapping up the LIB bullshit wet dream ASAP before he makes a fucking fool of himself.

Last edited:
Trump's basic gripe with McConnell is that the Russia probe hasn't been shut down, but McConnell doesn't have the power to unilaterally start or end a criminal justice probe about whether a campaign broke laws. IF there was any such power, Obama would have installed Hillary. In a strange way, Trump's problems are not unlike Hillary's. The only way to shut down charges of something illegal is to put ALL the facts known at the time and say "we did this because this is what we knew." Hillary's problem was she had to know the private server was not ok. And Trump's story continually changes as we learn he's lied about what contacts occurred, and he lies again and again.

And it does matter. McConnell could have delivered on significant tax reform. But Trump wanted to do HC reform for a political purpose unrelated to running the country. He said he was going to give every one better cheaper HC on day one. He lied about that because that is just NOT POSSIBLE. So, what he required congress to do was NEVER going to happen. Now, we're on to tax reform, and Trump's litmus test is funding the fucking wall. This week, tax reform died. And now the gop is just looking at some kind of a tax cut before Thanksgiving. What a fucking turkey.

gmc15245320170818014600.jpg

BULLSHIT!
Mueller is going to run out of steam looking for the magic white unicorn on President Trump's lawn that never was.
He's wrapping up the LIB bullshit wet dream ASAP before he makes a fucking fool of himself.
I don't think it's what is factual that is important to Mitch. He sees President Trump beating him like a drum and looks around and says to himself "what leverage do I have to stop the President from all this tweeting?" The answer: the Senate Russian investigations. Mitch cares as much about the actual facts as the Democrats. Zero. It's all about leverage.

I want to publicly thank you for making a post that contained no explicit personal attack. Well done!

I want to publicly thank you for making a post that contained no explicit personal attack. Well done!

Have more patience.

That sure is the perfect avi you picked.

That reminds me: I would like to apologize to anyone I have not insulted as of yet. Please be patient....I will get to you shortly.

BULLSHIT!
Is it not clear to you that McConnell can only succeed if Trump also succeeds? I thought and still think McConnell really fucked up the Garland thing, and it's going to haunt the country for generations. He focused on one generation, but the game is much bigger. But McConnell bet his future and legacy on getting a goper potus in 2016, and he pretty much sold what little soul he had to get it. He could produce a bill that provided for limits on the growth of federal spending on HC, but he could not produce a bill that killed entire programs ... like Medicaid expansion. The VOTES are not there. And, in the end, he couldn't even do that becasuse his senators were not convinced Trump or Ryan were going to accept that. McConnell said over an over again, we have to pass something.

And we're not going to get taxes overhauled in time for the 18 elections. It would take convincing people to limit mortgage deductions ... and probably a framework to raise both the payroll tax cap and the retirement age. There's no way to do that with Trump going off script.

Have more patience.

That reminds me: I would like to apologize to anyone I have not insulted as of yet. Please be patient....I will get to you shortly.

You give yourself way too much credit.

Have more patience.

You give yourself way too much credit.

"You give yourself way too much credit."

I must share this with you: the tests came back...I just found out- I'm awesome!

Both HE and PAUL RYAN have actually been working to block and frustrate The President's Agenda.
So has McCain, but he's a puppet of the Establishment....and does what Mitch tells him to do.

Forum List

Back