Missouri Lawmaker Wants Women to Give Reason For Abortion

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Missouri Lawmaker Wants Women to Give Reason For Abortion - St. Louis News - Daily RFT

State Senator Tom Dempsey (R - St. Peters) has proposed legislation that would ask Missouri women to provide a reason for why they're seeking an abortion.

As the Associated Press reports this morning, Dempsey's proposal would require doctors and medical officials to ask women about the specific medical, social or economic reasons for seeking the procedure. Women would not have to respond.

His recommendation is part of a bill sponsored by his Senate colleague Rob Mayer (R - Dexter) that would require women to wait 24 hours before having an abortion and be informed of the pain the fetus would endure as a result of the procedure.

Thoughts?

grand_obsession_jacket.jpg

I stand by the Rowe vs. Wade decision 100%, and I'm getting sick and tired of these holy rollers trying to turn it over year after year. Do as you see fit with your life, and keep the hell out everyone else's! :eusa_naughty:

What would happen to this information if the women chose to answer? Is somebody looking to use private conversations between women and their doctors for political purposes?

What would happen to this information if the women chose to answer? Is somebody looking to use private conversations between women and their doctors for political purposes?

His recommendation is part of a bill sponsored by his Senate colleague Rob Mayer (R - Dexter) that would require women to wait 24 hours before having an abortion and be informed of the pain the fetus would endure as a result of the procedure.

Basically, they're going to try and pressure women into not having a abortion.

How is this anything but government intrusion leaves me baffled. :eusa_eh:

"His recommendation is part of a bill sponsored by his Senate colleague Rob Mayer (R - Dexter) that would require women to wait 24 hours before having an abortion and be informed of the pain the fetus would endure as a result of the procedure."

The guy has boundary issues. But their real aim is probably this. ^

Missouri Lawmaker Wants Women to Give Reason For Abortion - St. Louis News - Daily RFT

State Senator Tom Dempsey (R - St. Peters) has proposed legislation that would ask Missouri women to provide a reason for why they're seeking an abortion.

As the Associated Press reports this morning, Dempsey's proposal would require doctors and medical officials to ask women about the specific medical, social or economic reasons for seeking the procedure. Women would not have to respond.

Thoughts?

WHAT?

You mean to tell me, that someone would have to give a REASON for taking the life of an Innocent? Where one is DIRECTLY and SOLELY responsible FOR THAT LIFE?

Man... that's NUTS! Why "everyone KNOWS" that it's none of anyone's business what one does with the lives of human beings for whom they're solely responsible...

Next thing you'll be suggesting is that Women have to give a reason justifying their decision to allow a man to slip his sexual appendage into their vagina... thus willfully, knowingly, overtly deciding to risk conceiving a human life...

As IF their Sexual Rights are somehow tethered to some sort of RESPONSIBILITY...

ROFLMNAO.... Bitches be CRaiZeh!

Last edited:
Abortion is one of those areas where my personal beliefs and the way I vote are opposites. It's a tough issue. But the confidentiality of medical records is an easy one.

Why would a politician want to legislate asking for this information if he didn't want it to be used? He's got to know most doctors who perform abortions aren't going to pounce on the woman and talk her out of the procedure.

It's interesting to point out that conservatives cry about gun rights and rightfully so but then they apply the same tactics of the left via regulation and red tape to abortions.

Conservatives seem to like freedom and liberty as long as it's not granted to people who look different from them.

Thoughts?

Wow! They want government involvement in our lives.

His goal is obvious; to reduce the number of abortions. While most people might disagree with his proposal, he is acting out of good conscience. There are many people who would like those numbers decreased. But the only suggestions I've seen involve sex ed for young girls and of course, the majority of women aborting are not young girls. It's not a matter of ignorance.

Any other ideas?

Forum List

Back