Missouri becomes first state to outlaw abortion...

Roe versus Wade was the compromise for over 50 years. The whole reason it came about, the whole reason the federal government got involved was because the states were passing such egregious abortion bills that women were killing themselves left and right because of it. We're back to square one again in these crazy Republican states. And people are smarter and more knowledgeable now they won't put up with this state by state the people will decide this issue and I'm sure they will decide it's a woman's right to choose and do away with all abortion laws. That is the final and best solution.
Hyperbole. States can still maintain legal abortion.

My personal position is allow abortion up to anything approaching viability outside the womb, say 20 weeks.
One question I ask those who would ban it is this. Are you willing to pay higher taxes to take care of more welfare kids?
Why do you think those kids will end up on welfare?

Hyperbole. States can still maintain legal abortion.
The people have a right to petition. If they petition the state to make abortion laws illegal they will become illegal. That's what democracy is all about. We are still a free nation in case you didn't realize that.

Maybe. Depends upon the individual state as it always should have. That’s what this SCOTUS recently declared.
Funny how they didn't think of this for over 50 years until trump appointed far-right extremist judges that are also liars like him.

They determined what you’re agreeing with but you call them extremist and liars?
I was an adult in 1973. I knew why the federal government acted, it was to say the public from the egregious abortion laws states were creating that were killing women left and right. No I don't agree the state should have this power we are the United States of America the federal government should take precedent over any state laws.

I was an adult in 1973. I knew why the federal government acted, it was to say the public from the egregious abortion laws states were creating that were killing women left and right. No I don't agree the state should have this power we are the United States of America the federal government should take precedent over any state laws.
State laws must fall under the rules of the US Constitution and whatever is not stipulated within the constitution is up to the individual states. Abortion is not stipulated in the constitution therefore the jurisdiction lies with the states. That’s what this scotus determined.

State laws must fall under the rules of the US Constitution and whatever is not stipulated within the constitution is up to the individual states. Abortion is not stipulated in the constitution therefore the jurisdiction lies with the states. That’s what this scotus determined.
The same emergency situation that was created which caused Roe versus Wade to come into being is now being recreated but it's even worse the laws are more egregious. I don't understand why the federal government can't enact emergency measures against this aggression.

The same emergency situation that was created which caused Roe versus Wade to come into being is now being recreated but it's even worse the laws are more egregious. I don't understand why the federal government can't enact emergency measures against this aggression.
Because it violates the constitution. Why don’t you move to Rwanda?

Because it violates the constitution. Why don’t you move to Rwanda?
And people are being treated unjustly I'm sure that our government can step in and stop it just like they did with civil rights and interracial marriage.

Being a skin color has nothing to do with behavior choice and consequences thereof.
That's correct the behavior of some of the government representatives of the states are being tyrannical in trying to take away women's right to choose.

Forum List

Back