Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

What is Confederate Heritage?
I gave you a good chunk of "Confederate Heritage" in Post # 574. What's the matter ? Having trouble reading ? Having trouble hearing ? Trouble seeing ?

You have no excuse to be asking that question now, when it was already answered for you (at some time and effort in 5 links)

“HERITAGE NOT HATE” is a catchy slogan ... but it becomes something else when imposed on top of a Confederate Flag ... or a Nazi Flag ... or on a photo of Stalin addressing soldiers and workers in Red Square. It is a non sequitur in such places.

Americans are slowly, agonizingly, awakening to discover that the noble “Lost Cause” they long accepted really wasn’t. How dangerous it is to our present national unity. Even in most “Old South” states they have rejected the old song and dance act of openly racist politicians. They are now finally even giving up “singing Dixie” in the wrong note. Why? Partly it’s because they see its negative results. Mostly they just want to take away any provocations, any excuses for anger and rioting, any incentives for murderous racism. They are right to adjust old habits of thought and try to build a truly New South. To remove those old Confederate Flags from public buildings.

View attachment 361786
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley signs into law a bill that enabled the removal of the Confederate flag from the State House grounds more than 50 years after the rebel banner was raised to protest the civil rights movement.

Dylan Roof entered into the world of white supremacy and was inspired by a racist hate group. He told friends he wanted to start a “race war.” Someone had to take “drastic action” to take back America from “stupid and violent” African Americans.

On June 17, 2015, he attended a Bible study meeting at the historic Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston, South Carolina, and murdered nine people, all of them black. The act of terror shocked America with its chilling brutality. But Roof did not spark a race war. Far from it.

When photos surfaced depicting the 21-year-old white supremacist with the Confederate battle flag — including one in which he held the flag in one hand and a gun in the other — Roof ignited something else entirely: a grassroots movement to remove the flag from public spaces.

In what seemed like an instant, the South’s 150-year reverence for the Confederacy was shaken. Public officials responded to the national mourning and outcry by removing prominent public displays of its most recognizable symbol.

It became a moment of deep reflection for the nation — and particularly for a region where the Confederate flag is viewed by many white Southerners as an emblem of their heritage and regional pride despite its association with slavery, Jim Crow and the violent resistance to the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s.

*adapted in part from a SPLC article
Don't trust the SPLC. It's a communist front. Stop comparing the Stars and Bars to the Nazi flag. Compare it to the mexican flag instead. It's more appropriate.

Wrong again

When those confederate monuments were erected, black residents were denied the vote and were not represented in state or local government.
They were not part of “we”

Today they are

Those monuments are destined for the scrap yard
YOU are who is wrong. Today, black southerners revere the soldiers in those monuments, and they honor them in Confederate graveyards as well. You know nothing about this subject, as is typical of liberals.

And your "scrap yard" jibberish was squashed in my Post # 617.

Some people have to be told TWICE >>

Apparently, WE the people, of the USA, overwhelmingly want the statues and memorials to remain, since only 23 Confederate statues/monuments/memorials have been removed, since the George Floyd protests began May 25. This leaves 1,480 still standing. And most of those are going nowhere, as there is a 10 year prison sentence waiting for those who try to remove them from federal land, and states have laws against their removal by anyone, including mayors, governors, city councils, and state legislatures.

1594426401157.png
1594426415147.png

1594426439326.png

Wrong again

When those confederate monuments were erected, black residents were denied the vote and were not represented in state or local government.
They were not part of “we”

Today they are

Those monuments are destined for the scrap yard
YOU are who is wrong. Today, black southerners revere the soldiers in those monuments, and they honor them in Confederate graveyards as well. You know nothing about this subject, as is typical of liberals.

And your "scrap yard" jibberish was squashed in my Post # 617.

Some people have to be told TWICE >>

Apparently, WE the people, of the USA, overwhelmingly want the statues and memorials to remain, since only 23 Confederate statues/monuments/memorials have been removed, since the George Floyd protests began May 25. This leaves 1,480 still standing. And most of those are going nowhere, as there is a 10 year prison sentence waiting for those who try to remove them from federal land, and states have laws against their removal by anyone, including mayors, governors, city councils, and state legislatures.

View attachment 361862 View attachment 361863

View attachment 361864

Wrong again buck-o

Both blacks and whites in communities around the south are banding together to elect representatives who no longer want those racist monuments displayed proudly.

Whites in state government are passing laws that say local governments are not allowed to decide what monuments are displayed in their communities

“HERITAGE NOT HATE” is a catchy slogan ... but it becomes something else when imposed on top of a Confederate Flag ... or a Nazi Flag ... or on a photo of Stalin addressing soldiers and workers in Red Square. It is a non sequitur in such places.

Americans are slowly, agonizingly, awakening to discover that the noble “Lost Cause” they long accepted really wasn’t. How dangerous it is to our present national unity. Even in most “Old South” states they have rejected the old song and dance act of openly racist politicians. They are now finally even giving up “singing Dixie” in the wrong note. Why? Partly it’s because they see its negative results. Mostly they just want to take away any provocations, any excuses for anger and rioting, any incentives for murderous racism. They are right to adjust old habits of thought and try to build a truly New South. To remove those old Confederate Flags from public buildings.

View attachment 361786
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley signs into law a bill that enabled the removal of the Confederate flag from the State House grounds more than 50 years after the rebel banner was raised to protest the civil rights movement.

Dylan Roof entered into the world of white supremacy and was inspired by a racist hate group. He told friends he wanted to start a “race war.” Someone had to take “drastic action” to take back America from “stupid and violent” African Americans.

On June 17, 2015, he attended a Bible study meeting at the historic Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston, South Carolina, and murdered nine people, all of them black. The act of terror shocked America with its chilling brutality. But Roof did not spark a race war. Far from it.

When photos surfaced depicting the 21-year-old white supremacist with the Confederate battle flag — including one in which he held the flag in one hand and a gun in the other — Roof ignited something else entirely: a grassroots movement to remove the flag from public spaces.

In what seemed like an instant, the South’s 150-year reverence for the Confederacy was shaken. Public officials responded to the national mourning and outcry by removing prominent public displays of its most recognizable symbol.

It became a moment of deep reflection for the nation — and particularly for a region where the Confederate flag is viewed by many white Southerners as an emblem of their heritage and regional pride despite its association with slavery, Jim Crow and the violent resistance to the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s.

*adapted in part from a SPLC article

1. "its association with slavery, Jim Crow and the violent resistance to the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s." BY YOU, and other leftist propagandists, who keep blabbering about slavery and Jim Crow, just to demonize conservatives, and push your leftist agenda.

2. I have destroyed the Southern Poverty Laughingstock Center many times in this forum. They are nothing but a money grabbing bunch of swindlers who stuff the pockets with donations, by scaring liberals to death with stories about mostly impotent right wing groups like the KKK and American Nazis.

Wrong again buck-o

Both blacks and whites in communities around the south are banding together to elect representatives who no longer want those racist monuments displayed proudly.

Whites in state government are passing laws that say local governments are not allowed to decide what monuments are displayed in their communities
HA HA. I've already shot all that down twice here. Some people have to be told THREE times. All the resistance to southern heritage going on is a DROP IN THE BUCKET. And the laws they're passing are to leave the stautes and monuments alone. You've been watching CNN. Bad idea.

And many states already have laws protecting the statues and they're not changing them. How do you think southerners vote ? Ever see a 2016 election map of the South ? Take a good look at it >>

1594427343348.png

protectionist

I see you got your figures on Confederate Monuments and such from the Southern Poverty Law Center’s updated 2016 study.

I don’t usually follow them, as they are a bit too “liberal” for my taste. But they’ve certainly done some good research on this issue.

They pretty much destroyed the KKK in this country as an organization back in the 1980s. That was great, don’t you agree?

They’ve also helped countless peaceful, local community movements to success. Confederate Flags have basically everywhere now been “officially,” democratically and peacefully removed from inside and atop State government buildings and courts — an important victory.

On private land, in local out of the way parks or whatever, Confederate sculptures that do not irritate locals are really not an issue. I sure don’t care about them. You can still wave your “Battle Flags” at home, on your car, at your business. You are free to do that, just as I am free to point out when you lie about history, or act a partisan fool. Hell, I feel about you just about the way you feel about idiot communists waving pictures of Mao.

You can’t stop progress, friends. Not on this purely symbolic issue, anyway. Definitely not with the pathetic arguments you have presented so far.

But you’ve still got one month you can celebrate officially ... in the “Great State of Mississippi.”

For those interested:
https://www.splcenter.org/sites/default/files/com_whose_heritage.pdf
Whose Heritage?

Last edited:
protectionist

I see you got your figures on Confederate Monuments and such from the Southern Poverty Law Center’s updated 2016 study.

I don’t usually follow them, as they are a bit too “liberal” for my taste. But they’ve certainly done some good research on this issue.

They pretty much destroyed the KKK in this country as an organization back in the 1980s. That was great, don’t you agree?

They’ve also helped countless peaceful, local community movements to success. Confederate Flags have basically everywhere now been “officially,” democratically and peacefully removed from inside and atop State government buildings and courts — an important victory.

On private land, in local out of the way parks or whatever, Confederate sculptures that do not irritate locals are really not an issue. I sure don’t care about them. You can still wave your “Battle Flags” at home, on your car, at your business. You are free to do that, just as I am free to point out when you lie about history, or act a partisan fool. Hell, I feel about you just about the way you feel about idiot communists waving pictures of Mao.

You can’t stop progress, friends. Not on this purely symbolic issue, anyway. Definitely not with the pathetic arguments you have presented so far.

But you’ve still got one month you can celebrate officially ... in the “Great State of Mississippi.”

For those interested:
Whose Heritage?
protectionist

For those interested:
Whose Heritage?
Looks like I have to repeat myself again. Liberals must have bad reading glasses.

I have destroyed the Southern Poverty Laughingstock Center many times in this forum. They are nothing but a money grabbing bunch of swindlers, who stuff their pockets with donations, by scaring liberals to death with stories about mostly impotent right wing groups like the KKK and American Nazis.

A well sourced (from both left & right publications) review of the SPLC is available here. A little lengthy, but after reading it, one will have a clear focus on the SPLC and all it's shady activities. >>>

For now, I just laugh at your claims to point out me lying about history. Yeah ? And so go ahead and do that, if you think you can. You haven't done it so far. I'm the one who's been doing the pointing out. Pointing out all the things that you don't know that you don't know.

As for the removal of Confederate flags and monuments, you appear to live by the notion of >>
1594437125818.png

Again, it is a drop in the bucket. 23 of them removed since May. 1480 (98%) still standing, and they will continue to stand. And my figures come from MANY sources.

A 2017 Reuters poll found that 54% of American adults stated that the monuments should remain in all public spaces, and 27% said they should be removed, while 19% said they were unsure. According to Reuters, "responses to the poll were sharply split along racial and party lines, however, with whites and Republicans largely supportive of preservation. Democrats and minorities were more likely to support removal."[78][79] Another 2017 poll, by HuffPost/YouGov, found that 48% of respondents favored the "remain" option, 33% favored removal, and 18% were unsure.[80][81] An NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll released in 2017 found that most Americans, including 44% of African Americans, believe that statues honoring leaders of the Confederacy should remain in place.[82]

For those interested:
Whose Heritage?
Looks like I have to repeat myself again. Liberals must have bad reading glasses.

I have destroyed the Southern Poverty Laughingstock Center many times in this forum. They are nothing but a money grabbing bunch of swindlers, who stuff their pockets with donations, by scaring liberals to death with stories about mostly impotent right wing groups like the KKK and American Nazis.

A well sourced (from both left & right publications) review of the SPLC is available here. A little lengthy, but after reading it, one will have a clear focus on the SPLC and all it's shady activities. >>>

For now, I just laugh at your claims to point out me lying about history. Yeah ? And so go ahead and do that, if you think you can. You haven't done it so far. I'm the one who's been doing the pointing out. Pointing out all the things that you don't know that you don't know.

As for the removal of Confederate flags and monuments, you appear to live by the notion of >>
1594438526857.png

Again, it is a drop in the bucket. 23 of them removed since May. 1480 (98%) still standing, and they will continue to stand. And my figures come from MANY sources.

A 2017 Reuters poll found that 54% of American adults stated that the monuments should remain in all public spaces, and 27% said they should be removed, while 19% said they were unsure. According to Reuters, "responses to the poll were sharply split along racial and party lines, however, with whites and Republicans largely supportive of preservation. Democrats and minorities were more likely to support removal."[78][79] Another 2017 poll, by HuffPost/YouGov, found that 48% of respondents favored the "remain" option, 33% favored removal, and 18% were unsure.[80][81] An NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll released in 2017 found that most Americans, including 44% of African Americans, believe that statues honoring leaders of the Confederacy should remain in place.[82]

[/QUOTE]

Or are you a faggot?
You repeatedly misrepresent history and are repeatedly exposed doing so, so now your crybaby argument is that Southerners are “not being allowed“ to celebrate the “heritage of their ancestors.” First of all, even Americans raised in the Deep South are by no means all whites, and the heritage of white Southerners is not at all primarily embodied in the Confederacy.

We Americans are lucky. We are free to choose and forge our own identities. Even outside the U.S. cultured people individually and collectively can and do make choices. Germans did not choose to define their heritage by the Third Reich, which lasted 3x longer than the Confederate Rebellion. Why are so many whites still attached to the Confederacy and the Confederate Flag? Mainly because for historical reasons it became associated with a hundred years of Jim Crow apartheid, and racism, and white supremacy, because it was tolerated — even supported — by our whole country.

Today, decades after the Civil Rights Movement forced the end of Jim Crow, it is perfectly natural that miopic reactionary “celebrations” of Confederate heritage be banned from our public squares, courtrooms, State Capitols, and from our military. State by state and county by county public authorities have voted to remove Confederate symbols and particularly controversial statues from public arenas. This is part of the democratic process and it is overwhelmingly appropriate and legitimate.

Personally, I look forward to the day when nobody “celebrates” the Confederate rebellion, or sees it as central to his identity. But that of course is up to each individual.

P.S. It would also be nice if you didn’t feel you have to end your “arguments” by asking opponents if they are “faggots.” Not very mature.
Excellent one-way explanation defending censorship.
The confederacy fought for states’ rights and military officers led nobly.
Marxists like yourself only wish to apply selective views in order to justify consorship, revise history and thereby make Marxism easier to employ.
Confederacy fought to maintain slavery and because they hated the USA.

The soldiers fought because it was their duty. That you cannot allow others to celebrate that, is you being a narrow minded bigot.

The soldiers fought because it was their duty. That you cannot allow others to celebrate that, is you being a narrow minded bigot.
Of course. Soldiers don't make policy. They just follow orders. And most Confederate soldiers didn't even choose to follow those orders. They were DRAFTED.

And most southerners who fought for the Confederacy were not soldiers. They were civilians who took up arms, when they found themselves being shot at, and their buildings and churches being blown to bits by cannon fire.

Leftists loons have a narrative they want us all to follow. They're trying to gin up VOTES for the November election by portraying innocuous, neutral things as being racist. Soldier statues, Confederate flags, Donald Trump, the national anthem,...m
nothing is off limits to these loons, if they think they can squeeze donations$$ and VOTES out of it.

Or are you a faggot?
You repeatedly misrepresent history and are repeatedly exposed doing so, so now your crybaby argument is that Southerners are “not being allowed“ to celebrate the “heritage of their ancestors.” First of all, even Americans raised in the Deep South are by no means all whites, and the heritage of white Southerners is not at all primarily embodied in the Confederacy.

We Americans are lucky. We are free to choose and forge our own identities. Even outside the U.S. cultured people individually and collectively can and do make choices. Germans did not choose to define their heritage by the Third Reich, which lasted 3x longer than the Confederate Rebellion. Why are so many whites still attached to the Confederacy and the Confederate Flag? Mainly because for historical reasons it became associated with a hundred years of Jim Crow apartheid, and racism, and white supremacy, because it was tolerated — even supported — by our whole country.

Today, decades after the Civil Rights Movement forced the end of Jim Crow, it is perfectly natural that miopic reactionary “celebrations” of Confederate heritage be banned from our public squares, courtrooms, State Capitols, and from our military. State by state and county by county public authorities have voted to remove Confederate symbols and particularly controversial statues from public arenas. This is part of the democratic process and it is overwhelmingly appropriate and legitimate.

Personally, I look forward to the day when nobody “celebrates” the Confederate rebellion, or sees it as central to his identity. But that of course is up to each individual.

P.S. It would also be nice if you didn’t feel you have to end your “arguments” by asking opponents if they are “faggots.” Not very mature.
Excellent one-way explanation defending censorship.
The confederacy fought for states’ rights and military officers led nobly.
Marxists like yourself only wish to apply selective views in order to justify consorship, revise history and thereby make Marxism easier to employ.
Confederacy fought to maintain slavery and because they hated the USA.

They didn't like being dictated to, by the Federal Government, and they believed correctly, that they had a right to leave the Union.
They HATED the USA

Why should we celebrate that?

Because they fought bravely against great odds, in defense of their homelands.

And because the people that defeated them, choose to accept that celebration. And joined in that celebration.

You do not have the Moral Authority to overrule them.

Americans are slowly, agonizingly, awakening to discover that the noble “Lost Cause” they long accepted really wasn’t. How dangerous it is to our present national unity. ...

You are the one endangering our national unity, by singling out a large group of Americans and telling them that their long standing Heritage is something they are no longer allowed to celebrate.

YOu might win the fight. But they will not forget the way you treated them.

Of course. Soldiers don't make policy. They just follow orders. And most Confederate soldiers didn't even choose to follow those orders. They were DRAFTED.

And most southerners who fought for the Confederacy were not soldiers. They were civilians who took up arms, when they found themselves being shot at, and their buildings and churches being blown to bits by cannon fire.

Leftists loons have a narrative they want us all to follow. They're trying to gin up VOTES for the November election by portraying innocuous, neutral things as being racist. Soldier statues, Confederate flags, Donald Trump, the national anthem,...m
nothing is off limits to these loons, if they think they can squeeze donations$$ and VOTES out of it.

They are happy to inflict deep, permanent wounds on the nation's unity, to score a cheap easy partisan victory.

THey are treasonous, anti-American scum.

They fought against the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Nazi soldiers, Imperial Japanese, North Koreans also fought bravely for their homelands.

We do not celebrate their “Lost Cause”

Interesting choice of words when you support those who fought against the USA and for the forces of slavery
Aren‘t those who defend slavery scum?

They fought against the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Nazi soldiers, Imperial Japanese, North Koreans also fought bravely for their homelands.

We do not celebrate their “Lost Cause”

Different situations are treated differently? What a shock that must be to you.

My point stands. THe people who defeated the Confederacy, choose to reconcile with their former enemies and welcome them back into the Union.

Allowing, indeed, JOINING in, the celebration of the military valor of their former foes, was part of that.

You do not have the Moral Authority to over rule that call.

Interesting choice of words when you support those who fought against the USA and for the forces of slavery

Slavery became a moot point long ago in this country. Even when the statues were put up, it was a long dead issue.

Your pretense of not knowing that, is you being an asshole.

Slavery became a moot point long ago in this country. Even when the statues were put up, it was a long dead issue.

Your pretense of not knowing that, is you being an asshole.
You are partially correct.
Those statues were erected as a reminder to those blacks seeking the right to vote, to be treated as equals of their proper place in life.

See a group of blacks protesting for their right to vote, the best response is to wave the Confederate flag at them.

1594467673924.jpeg

Forum List

Back