Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

“Unnecessary,” Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson wrote Monday on Twitter.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Mississippi governor declares Confederate Heritage Month

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

“Unnecessary,” Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson wrote Monday on Twitter.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Mississippi governor declares Confederate Heritage Month

Nice to see those who will not allow the Democrats to escape their history step up.

Ask the black Muslim who killed those white women since you think this shit is so funny and right.. Maybe he felt like Nat Turner since it is Confederate History Month.

Ask the black Muslim who killed those white women since you think this shit is so funny and right.. Maybe he felt like Nat Turner since it is Confederate History Month.

i would rather just see him shot down like the dog he is. YOu might care about his opinion, but I don't.

Thank you Mississippi for not erasing American history like many other states have done. ... :thup:

Hate to break it to you, but the confederacy seceded from the US and formed its own country. So it is not US history that will be celebrated.

The stated policy of the United States is that the act of secession was illegal, thus the southern states did not actually leave the Union, which is also why it was ok for the North to wage a war to "preserve the Union".

If you believe the south seceded, as your statement implies, then the Civil War, really was "The War of Northern Aggression".

Don't you hate it, when people point out the actual meanings of words?

Hate to break it to you, but the confederacy seceded from the US and formed its own country. So it is not US history that will be celebrated.
The Union war of Northern aggression against the valiant Confederacy is a huge event that happened in American history that still has political repercussions today. And shouldn't be hidden away as though it never happened. ... :cool:

The confederacy was not the United States so it did not have US political parties. And so we now have a republican deciding to honor racism with racist history month.
I am sorry IM 2. Thereare other versions of the War between the States.
No there isn't. And it's time whites like yourself stopped lying about it. So enjoy celebrating racism history month.

Which day will be lynching day?

Lynching and the Confederacy are two distinct historical events. Obviously you can honor one, without honoring the other.

D'uh.

Democrats were lynching blacks right up to the 1960s.

No, whites were lynching us. And then when you try pinning this on the democrats, why did republicans allow it to stay legal? You see, this is an example of the problem with your disingenuous tales of republican love for blacks.

Forum List

Back