Mississippi Cop Under Investigation for Derogatory Remarks Against Michelle Obama.

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
Long gone are the days where you could actually say something without fear of going to jail. What exactly are they aiming for here? Is this man not allowed to say what he thinks? I thought we had something called freedom of speech. If this was a black police officer saying something derogatory about Barbara Bush,the media wold have been silent. Under the guise of diversity 'WHITE' people are singled out for this kind of crap all the time.

JPD officer investigated for remarks about first lady - WLBT 3 - Jackson, MS:

Little did First Lady Michelle Obama know during her visit to Jackson that someone was talking behind her back -- reportedly texting unflattering comments. Our investigation has revealed that it was a Jackson police officer. Now an internal affairs investigation has been launched into the incident.

Our sources have identified the officer as Chris Barnhart. We are told the incident occurred while Officer Barnhart was on security detail last week during the first lady's visit to the capital city. We are also told Barnhart made derogatory statements about Mrs. Obama.

When we questioned JPD superiors about the matter we were sent an email response. It states, in part: "The Jackson Police Department is currently conducting an internal investigation regarding allegations of conduct unbecoming of an officer."

Officials within JPD confirm it occurred during Michelle Obama's visit to Jackson. Assistant Chief Lee Vance said he could not be specific about the probe, adding they had received a complaint. He would not confirm the officer's name.

More at above link.

Last edited:
Our sources have identified the officer as Chris Barnhart. We are told the incident occurred while Officer Barnhart was on security detail last week during the first lady's visit to the capital city. We are also told Barnhart made derogatory statements about Mrs. Obama.

This is likely why he's under investigation.

He was on her security detail and should realise bullshit like that HAS to be looked into.

You are a fool.

The first lady is lucky. 50 years ago Officer Barnhart would have been using a fire hose on her. He probably still longs for the good old days. So does US Army Retired

In our efforts to find out more about the officer, we found his Facebook page. We learned from his Facebook profile that Barnhart is a fan of the page "O.B.A.M.A. (One Big Ass Mistake, America)."
:eusa_whistle:

I suspect he was authorized to be on the security detail. Oftem times, local law enforcement is used to supplement security with the Secret Service.

More likely, this is the reason he is being investigated:

...conduct unbecoming of an officer.

Regardless of your feelings for the President or the First Lady, as on officer you are expected to set that aside and perform your duties professionally.

Hell, I don't care for either one of them, but I would be honored, and respectful, were I to ever meet them. That sentiment holds true of any President and First Lady. Past or present. Except maybe Jimmy Carter...

I suspect he was authorized to be on the security detail. Oftem times, local law enforcement is used to supplement security with the Secret Service.

Regardless of your feelings for the President or the First Lady, as on officer you are expected to set that aside and perform your duties professionally.

Hell, I don't care for either one of them, but I would be honored, and respectful, were I to ever meet them. That sentiment holds true of any President and First Lady. Past or present. Except maybe Jimmy Carter...

Well yeah, that would be the same thing as I said. Just the more specific reasoning.

As for Carter, he seems like one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Well yeah, that would be the same thing as I said. Just the more specific reasoning.

Unless of course, you are Jewish.

The guy's on duty, i would hope they are keeping a close eye on him. Now if he said this somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I could understand thinking its an overreaction. But you cant be too careful when you are dealing with security.

Course, we dont know what he said about her either. So there could be more to that.

Yeah, he probably is nice as hell, but I just really didn't like his tenure in office and he just bugs me. I probably wouldn't say "no" if the opportunity presented itself, but I wouldn't seek it out.

:clap2: Exactly!!

I certainly agree with the "conduct unbecoming' assessment and would probably add that if the officer was spending his time texting, then dereliction of duty would apply as well. I hope that those are the things that sparked the investigation though. You don't have to like what someone says in order to want free speech protected.

I think many people in this country need to learn how to be respectful again. ( people from both sides)

Allegedly doing this on duty and in uniform ... that is what has this guy in hot water.

I think hjmick summed things up nicely.

Mississippi Cop Under Investigation for Derogatory Remarks Against Michelle Obama.
THIS cop "acted stupidly."

I have a major problem with this guy if he was texting while on duty as a protector of the First Lady. I don't care what he was texting, or where, or about what. It could have waited until he was no longer on active duty protecting the person.

If it's true he WAS texting while he was supposed to be watching for potential threats, he should have his badge removed.

Forum List

Back