Missionary Workers.

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Are missionary workers really doing god work or just there for self gratification?

Are missionary workers really doing god work or just there for self gratification?
The work's good, but I wouldn't call her a god. Besides, i prefer to place my favorite sex workers on their knees or have her turn around reverse-cowgirl. Missionary is reserved for special ladies :cool:

I am a missionary. That is to say that I am still training to be a missionary. I have been to 7 different countries and all over the states. I would say yes I am doing the work of God. What is it that you define the work of God? If you define is as the great commission which is Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28 16-20. Then for me personally yes I believe I am. However I do believe some people do go in to missions for some kind of self gratification. Maybe to make themselves feel better or whatever. I am in the process of reading a book called the Heavenly Man. It is a biography of Brother Yun. He felt he was called to preach through out all o China during the 80's. He suffered so much pain and tortue through all of it alot of people got saved. This is the kind of life I myself want to live. Sacrifice whatever I have to for the greater good of man kind.

I always seen missionaries doing the work of some organization. They may claim to work for god, but are they really?

I'm just wondering if after awhile they become more authoritative than passionate.

dunno - where do they get their paychecks from? Does god require them to fill out W-4 or is it a 1099 kinda thing?

I am a missionary. That is to say that I am still training to be a missionary. I have been to 7 different countries and all over the states. I would say yes I am doing the work of God. What is it that you define the work of God? If you define is as the great commission which is Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28 16-20. Then for me personally yes I believe I am. However I do believe some people do go in to missions for some kind of self gratification. Maybe to make themselves feel better or whatever. I am in the process of reading a book called the Heavenly Man. It is a biography of Brother Yun. He felt he was called to preach through out all o China during the 80's. He suffered so much pain and tortue through all of it alot of people got saved. This is the kind of life I myself want to live. Sacrifice whatever I have to for the greater good of man kind.

Nice post, but as you can see, what you have to say is lost to most in here.

Nice post? Half of it was a quote, and the other half was saying he'd blindly follow what others tell him, even seeking at personal pain and sacrifice, for what he believes to be helping others. The only reason that post would be lost is because no one wants to read a block of text with bible quotes in the middle.

Nice post? Half of it was a quote, and the other half was saying he'd blindly follow what others tell him, even seeking at personal pain and sacrifice, for what he believes to be helping others. The only reason that post would be lost is because no one wants to read a block of text with bible quotes in the middle.

As I said, lost to most, you would be part of the 'most' unfortunately.

I am a missionary. That is to say that I am still training to be a missionary. I have been to 7 different countries and all over the states. I would say yes I am doing the work of God. What is it that you define the work of God? If you define is as the great commission which is Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28 16-20. Then for me personally yes I believe I am. However I do believe some people do go in to missions for some kind of self gratification. Maybe to make themselves feel better or whatever. I am in the process of reading a book called the pain and tortue through all of it alot of people got saved. This is the kind of life I myself want to live. Sacrifice whatever I have to for the greater good of man kind.
What an affront to G-d.

so bible quotes scare ya off? how sillie...

manu is right...we seek something in all we do

be it good or evil..

i think people who strongly believe or are strong in the lord as they say...really are driven to do good works and save souls....i dont think being a missionary is a glam job afterall

why would that be an affront to your god?

This is what Jesus said

18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."

This is what G-D said.

Hear O Israel, the L-rd is our G-D, the L-ord is ONE (Deut)
I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. ...so that from the rising of the Sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:5-6)

...I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. (Isaiah, 46:9)

... so that all the peoples of the Earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. (1 Kings, 8:60)

Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:22)

This is what the Lord says…"Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other God." (Isaiah, 45:14)

...The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (Deuteronomy, 6:4)

... O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. All the nations You have made will come and worship before You, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name. For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:8-10)

O Lord ...You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the Earth. You have made heaven and Earth. (Isaiah, 37:16)

... all kingdoms on Earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (Isaiah, 37:20)

This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, Who has made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens, Who spread out the Earth by Myself. (Isaiah, 44:24)

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. (Isaiah, 64:4)

For this is what the Lord says—He Who created the heavens, He is God; He Who fashioned and made the Earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—He says: "I am the Lord, and there is no other." (Isaiah, 45:18)

...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)

See now that I Myself am He! There is no god besides Me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal... (Deuteronomy, 32:39)

...you may know there is no one like the Lord our God. (Exodus, 8:10)

O Lord... there is no god like You in heaven above or on Earth below... (1 Kings, 8:23; 2 Chronicles, 6:14)

Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty..."(2 Chronicles, 14:11)

I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. (Isaiah, 43:11)

There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no god but You, as we have heard with our own ears. (1 Chronicles, 17:20; 2 Samuel, 7:22)

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no strength like our God. (1 Samuel, 2:2)

His wisdom is profound, His power is vast. Who has resisted Him and come out unscathed. (Job, 9:4)

For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:10)

Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness. (Psalms, 150:2)

You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the Earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You. (Nehemiah, 9:6)

They will say of Me, "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength."... (Isaiah, 45:24)

You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. (Deuteronomy, 4:35)

... Is there any god besides Me? No, there is no other strong one; I know not one. (Isaiah, 44:8)

This is what the Lord says—I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no god. (Isaiah, 44:6)

Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am He." (Isaiah, 41:4)

O Lord, are You not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One… (Habakkuk 1:12)

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him. (Ecclesiastes, 3:14)

Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the Earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting You are God. (Psalms, 90:2)

Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever…(Psalms, 45:6)

For this is what the high and lofty One says—He Who lives forever, Whose name is holy...(Isaiah, 57:15)

and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His." (Daniel, 2:20)

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes, 3:11)

…For He is the living God and He endures forever… His dominion will never end. (Daniel, 6:26)

Praise be to the Lord … from everlasting to everlasting… (1 Chronicles, 16:36)

But You, O Lord, are exalted forever. (Psalms, 92:8)

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah, 40:8)

You either believe G-D or jesus. You can't believe both.

Was Jesus not God in the flesh? Obviously, you don't think so. If he was, your argument is moot.

I'm just wondering if after awhile they become more authoritative than passionate.

Remember, they are human and are subjected to human behavior.

It is true. Some missionaries become raving ass after getting stepped on by those that do not appreciate their work! They are still missionaries, just that they are starting to hate the work....

New Topics

Forum List

Back