'Missing White Woman Syndrome

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015

MSNBC's Joy Reid dismisses focus on Gabby Petito case as 'missing White woman syndrome'

-- 'Why not the same media attention when people of color go missing?' Reid asked​

I saw this story and had to agree with Joy Reid on this one.

"MSNBC host Joy Reid turned to race Monday while discussing the media's coverage of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito, dismissing the focus on the case as "missing White woman syndrome."

During a segment on her show "The ReidOut," Reid said while Petito's family deserved "answers and justice," she felt the same media attention didn't apply to non-White people when they go missing. "

In 2020 209,375 females under 21 reported missing, and 59,369 females over the age of 21 were reported missing. So far this year there have been 1,571 missing persons reported, 1546 cases have been closed, with 25 currently remaining open.

So why isn't there 24/7 coverage of the other 24 cases right now? Why is the news only covering Gabby Petito?

Is it because Gabby was a beautiful, young, blonde white girl?

'Missing White woman syndrome. The term coined by the late and great Gwen Iffil to describe the media and public fascination with missing White women like Laci Peterson or Natalee Holloway, while ignoring cases involving missing people of color," she added, referencing two well-known cases of missing women.

MSNBC has extensively covered the case and its website Monday morning prominently featured an opinion piece on the missing woman.

Reid spent the remainder of the segment discussing multiple instances of missing Black and Native American individuals she claimed to have never heard about in the same way as the Petito case.'

So why does the media only seem to report on missing white women? IS it an issue of RACE?

To some, perhaps an even bigger question right now is WHY DOES A MISSING WHITE GIRL WARRANT 24//7 COVERAGE RIGHT NOW? WHY DOES THIS 'MISSING PERSONS' CASE MERRIT MORE MEDCIA ATTENTION THAN HUNDREDS OF AMERCIANS AND ALLIES STILL STRANDED IN AFGHANISTAN OR MORE ATTENTION THAN THE DETERIORATING BORDER DISASTER?

So why does the media only seem to report on missing white women? IS it an issue of RACE?
Possibly, but it also could be as simple as the fascination people have with attractive people versus the plain or even ugly among us. I don't recall seeing a lot of reporting about white women who were troll-ugly, either. Let's face it, we've known for a very long time that the "beautiful" among us get most of the attention and most of the benefits. It's almost as though it's driven by nature herself.

It's the media. It is not the american people!! WE despise the media hypocrisy.

It is said, by fbi stats that there are 64000 missing black women. I"ll retrieve the link. Perhaps sex traffickers want white women because of the hatred for whites and women and they want to humiliate them.

data does not factor in those that have been located and those that voluntarily 'disappeared'.

easyt65 I thought the same thing. There are hundreds of missing persons cases always popping up, but it seems the ones that gain national and media attention involve pretty white girls. Elizabeth Smart was another example.

MSNBC's Joy Reid dismisses focus on Gabby Petito case as 'missing White woman syndrome'

-- 'Why not the same media attention when people of color go missing?' Reid asked​

"MSNBC host Joy Reid turned to race Monday while discussing the media's coverage of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito, dismissing the focus on the case as "missing White woman syndrome."

During a segment on her show "The ReidOut," Reid said while Petito's family deserved "answers and justice," she felt the same media attention didn't apply to non-White people when they go missing. "

In 2020 209,375 females under 21 reported missing, and 59,369 females over the age of 21 were reported missing. So far this year there have been 1,571 missing persons reported, 1546 cases have been closed, with 25 currently remaining open.

So why isn't there 24/7 coverage of the other 24 cases right now? Why is the news only covering Gabby Petito?

'Missing White woman syndrome. The term coined by the late and great Gwen Iffil to describe the media and public fascination with missing White women like Laci Peterson or Natalee Holloway, while ignoring cases involving missing people of color," she added, referencing two well-known cases of missing women.

MSNBC has extensively covered the case and its website Monday morning prominently featured an opinion piece on the missing woman.

Reid spent the remainder of the segment discussing multiple instances of missing Black and Native American individuals she claimed to have never heard about in the same way as the Petito case.'

To some, perhaps an even bigger question right now is WHY DOES A MISSING WHITE GIRL WARRANT 24//7 COVERAGE RIGHT NOW? WHY DOES THIS 'MISSING PERSONS' CASE MERRIT MORE MEDCIA ATTENTION THAN HUNDREDS OF AMERCIANS AND ALLIES STILL STRANDED IN AFGHANISTAN OR MORE ATTENTION THAN THE DETERIORATING BORDER DISASTER?

Yes, it is absolutely sickening. A missing white woman, oh how the media trumpets it. And worse, oh all the masses lap it up. Meanwhile, there is a real crisis. There has been a real crisis for decades. It is not black women. It is not Hispanic women. It is native americans. Last year, 5,600 native american women went missing. And nothing, not a peep, from the media.

There is a reason why Americans have the memory retention of a goldfish.

The media.

They want you to forget about that the 20 year Nation Building disaster in Afghanistan we just finished. So they can snooker us into the next one.

It's correct to blame the media; however, the media is after ratings. If the news stories of the little black girls missing brought the ratings of the pretty white girl missing, then the news would be all over it also.

While I agree that all missing persons should be afforded the same effort, I don't think it is necessarily "race based" There are many white women that haven't been shown this effort as well. When the basis of a complaint is based on race, I see it as race baiting. I have seen stories promoting "indigenous health care workers." Good, I'm glad, however what is the relevance of whether or not a nurse is indigenous, black, white or any other color as long as they are providing the necessary service. The whole race narrative needs to be shown the door. People are people.

While I agree that all missing persons should be afforded the same effort, I don't think it is necessarily "race based" There are many white women that haven't been shown this effort as well. When the basis of a complaint is based on race, I see it as race baiting. I have seen stories promoting "indigenous health care workers." Good, I'm glad, however what is the relevance of whether or not a nurse is indigenous, black, white or any other color as long as they are providing the necessary service. The whole race narrative needs to be shown the door. People are people.

It would be interesting to hear from one of the Media Directors explain how, out of the several thousand missing persons cases a year, they choose which ones to cover. As I posted initially, according to one site there are currently 25 missing person cases. Out of those 25, how did they choose this one, involving Gabby, over the others.

Also, with everything going on right now, how did this 1 case merit more importance than the Border Crisis, Americans still trapped in Afghanistan, Vaccine/Mask/Vaccine Passport mandates, etc...?

You know, you could dedicate an entire 24-Hour media program to cover nothing but the violence in Chicago., violence in NY, and crimes / terrorist activity Antifa & BLM engages in (though I will admit that Antifa & BLM have gotten much quieter than not too long ago when they were causing BILLIONS of dollars in damage to Democrat-run cities).

I mean every weekend alone in Chicago there are at least 45 shootings and at least 8 - 8 people killed, often, unfortunately, including children.

Antifa & BLM have gotten much quieter
The election is over. BLM/Antifa was no more than a DNC distraction. Look for them to rise again in the next 6 to 9 months coupled with another covid spike/lockdowns in the run up to the mid terms. The democrats/DNC are so predictable, you can almost set your watch by their actions.

.1 Black Jackass Criminal Hero Syndrome
2. MORE proof blacks are racists , not whites
3. MORE proof blacks are so obsessed with RACE that their minds and culture are very fkd up
4. jackass CRIMINAL Floyd, etc have not only been given more media attention --the media makes them out to be HEROES/saints

It's true.

The funny thing about our society is that whites are disregarded, lampooned, and blamed for everything under the sun...but have a pretty little blonde go missing for a week?

Lord!

The sun will not SHINE till they find her!

Our culture is strange.
Yep... that is true.
And only other white women are the least bit interested in it.

Because we are a white country. White people care about white people. Just like blacks pretty much only care about blacks.

Yeah nobody gives a chit about hoodrats including hoodrats.

Because we are a white country. White people care about white people. Just like blacks pretty much only care about blacks
Do they really?

I'm seeing an entire race who think NOTHING of the death of their truly innocent. They only care about the death of ANY black person if they can somehow blame a white person.

If blacks care about their own, WHERE ARE THEIR POSTS?

And the self hating white folks who keep bringing up these threads, WHERE ARE THEIR THREADS?

These threads are just another feeble attempt to bring down white people a notch or two for caring about their own.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back