Minority Teacher Recruitment & Urban Ed.

Fortunately, King said, his students come from
stronger families -- the kind of families that are
smart and committed enough to enroll a son at
Urban Prep.
The bigger problem, he says, is a lack of role
models.
"A role model doesn't have to be a parent," he
says, "but if you don't have someone who looks like
you, who has a similar background, about whom you
can say, 'He did it and I can do it,' then you will never
believe it. That's why all these kids want to be
basketball players or rap stars -- those are the people
they see who look like them."

This guy King is an absolute retard. What planet are these people from? Wow.

By the way, I think that if you want to improve black education, it has to come from the black community. Black people do more harm to each other than white people do to blacks. I applaud what this school is trying to do, but the success of the school is a myth. So far, they've been able to prove that they can prevent students from dropping out.

By the way, I think that if you want to improve black education, it has to come from the black community. Black people do more harm to each other than white people do to blacks. I applaud what this school is trying to do, but the success of the school is a myth. So far, they've been able to prove that they can prevent students from dropping out.

Now that is also disputed. There was an article in the times stating that Urban Prep started out with 166 in its Freshmen class. It only graduated 107. Sounds like only a 65% graduation rate to me.

In 1950, American schools were among the best in the world. However, vocal elements within our society demanded that the public schools take on a social engineering role as well as an educational one. Violent disruptions of American education were ordered by the Supreme Court for the purpose of breaking down racial barriers. for 30 years, American schools have diverted enormous resources into forced integration, quotas, and bussing operations. (Few people realize how expensive bussing is. Annual cost may run into tens of billions of dollars. In 1990 California alone was spending $500 million per year on integration. Many school districts spend a quarter or more of their budgets on transportation. In Milwaukee alone and in a single school year, 30,000 staff hours were diverted into calculating the race of students to attend the various schools.) The results? Today’s students rank at the very bottom worldwide in science and math, some 40 % of American adults are functionally illiterate, and standardized test scores have declined steadily for both Whites and Blacks. Today the average White still scores 200 points higher on the combined SAT than the average Black. Americans spend more on education than any other country in the world and have the worst results. Massive White flight to escape racial zoning has reduced the tax base of every major American city. In 1983, after nearly two generations of racial experimentation to promote equality, the research arm of the Dept. of Education could not produce a single study that showed Black children were learning appreciably better after desegregation.

American government schools are a cesspool of Pee See curricula, racial social engineering, dumbed down standards, grade inflation, incompetent teachers, unnecessary administrative levels, historical revisionism, anti-americanism, crackpot pedagogical methods, waste fraud and abuse, gangs, bullying, crime, gay propaganda, politicization.......

Enough - get rid of them.

American government schools are a cesspool of Pee See curricula, racial social engineering, dumbed down standards, grade inflation, incompetent teachers, unnecessary administrative levels, historical revisionism, anti-americanism, crackpot pedagogical methods, waste fraud and abuse, gangs, bullying, crime, gay propaganda, politicization.......

Are you saying to get rid of all schools? That seems a bit extreme. Is that really what you mean?

Are you saying to get rid of all schools? That seems a bit extreme. Is that really what you mean?

Yes, and I posted a thread for an alternative in this section - universal privatization.

Forum List

Back