Minneapolis neighborhood that vowed not to call police in wake of Floyd death is already being tested by 300-strong homeless encampment

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Ugly. Liberalism is a mental disease.

Residents though have agreed to “check their privilege” and “protect people of color” by not involving law enforcement to report instances of property damage, according to the New York Times.

If anyone is put in physical danger, they instead vowed to seek help from the American Indian Movement, which was founded in Minneapolis in 1968 to address systemic issues of poverty and police brutality against Native Americans and has been policing their own communities for years.

Keeping the promise not to call the police has proven more difficult than imagined, as some residents have avoided the park altogether after being catcalled and are fearing for their children’s safety. Others said they had trouble sleeping at night, fearing campers would force their way into their homes.

“I’m not being judgmental,” Carrie Nightshade, 44, told the Times, explaining she no longer allows her children, 12 and 9, to play in the park by themselves. “It’s not personal. It’s just not safe.

Another resident, Mitchell Erickson, said he regretted calling 911 when two black teenagers cornered him a block away from his home, held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys. Erickson said he mistakenly handed over his house keys, and the frustrated teens left him only to steal another car a few blocks away.

“Been thinking more about it,” Erickson said in a text message to a reporter. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

Residents though have agreed to “check their privilege” and “protect people of color” by not involving law enforcement to report instances of property damage, according to the New York Times.
If anyone is put in physical danger, they instead vowed to seek help from the American Indian Movement, which was founded in Minneapolis in 1968 to address systemic issues of poverty and police brutality against Native Americans and has been policing their own communities for years.
Keeping the promise not to call the police has proven more difficult than imagined, as some residents have avoided the park altogether after being catcalled and are fearing for their children’s safety. Others said they had trouble sleeping at night, fearing campers would force their way into their homes.
“I’m not being judgmental,” Carrie Nightshade, 44, told the Times, explaining she no longer allows her children, 12 and 9, to play in the park by themselves. “It’s not personal. It’s just not safe.
Another resident, Mitchell Erickson, said he regretted calling 911 when two black teenagers cornered him a block away from his home, held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys. Erickson said he mistakenly handed over his house keys, and the frustrated teens left him only to steal another car a few blocks away.
“Been thinking more about it,” Erickson said in a text message to a reporter. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

I cannot begin to describe the pleasure I feel watching white liberals being violently consumed by their stupidity.

Aaah....the ignorance of the Native Americans and their "police."
Native Americans and their reservations were granted a quasi-autonomous status. However, they are still under federal jurisdiction. They were allowed to create their own police force and courts...but...are considered under federal jurisdiction. When a major crime is committed on a reservation....the FBI steps in and works with the reservation police to solve the crime. For routine crimes, the reservation police handle them. Remember....they are ultimately under federal jurisdiction and thus, ultimately, they answer to the federal government. As their police answer to the federal government and the reservations are quasi-autonomous areas, their jurisdiction ends at the borders of their reservations. They cannot police non-reservation communities and solve crimes in there.
A bit of trivia....Native Americans that are born on a reservation, cannot obtain a passport. Sucks for them.

Liberalism IS ugly, and QUITE stupid. Thanks for your post.

This guy has to b the winner for dumbass of the year award, two blacks put a gun to his chest and he regrets calling the cops.

1621613696974.png

I can't believe this isn't satire. But, the stupid people in that neighborhood thoroughly deserve everything that happens to them. The sad thing is they won't learn anything from this experience.

The police are too good for these low life insects

Forum List

Back