Minimum wage rate and labors’ market prices.

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009

Products “Market prices” are affecting by various factors. Enforcement of government laws affecting regarding trade or contracts regarding a product, is often such a price affecting factor. Those using the term ‘market rates” applicable to a legally enforced minimum wage rate within a marketplace, are referring to a theoretical, indefinite, (i.e. not actually existing) price that excludes governments’ minimum wage laws as not existing.

Regardless of some persons preferences, governments’ minimum wage laws are existing factors applicable within marketplaces. Respectfully, Supposn

The minimum wage should be zero , I was just reading an article no where in the USA can a person afford a one bedroom apartment on minimum wage..so the $12 dollar minimum wage in Seattle is useless.

The minimum wage should be zero , I was just reading an article no where in the USA can a person afford a one bedroom apartment on minimum wage..so the $12 dollar minimum wage in Seattle is useless.

The minimum wage should be higher than the cost of social services, around fourteen dollars an hour. It is a reason for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage. If the minimum wage had kept up with inflation it would be eighteen dollars an hour, according some literature I have read.

The minimum wage should be higher than the cost of social services, around fourteen dollars an hour. It is a reason for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage. If the minimum wage had kept up with inflation it would be eighteen dollars an hour, according some literature I have read.
Social services should be lower than minimum wage dumb ass so people be self sufficient.

Liberals don't know economics or life.

Bear513, to the extent of its purchasing power, the federal minimum wage rate reduces poverty among our working-poor. Respectfully, Supposn

"We all do better when we all do better".

...if you are a dumbass, you don't deserve a minimum wage--you can give stupid people a $50 minimum wage and they will still be poor
Harmonica, "We all do better when we all do better". Respectfully, Supposn
Minimum wage is an issue of character.
The essence of personal and political opposition to the FMW rate. ...
... A great proportion of minimum rate opponents lack self-esteem. They need whatever affirmation of their own worth that they can derive by being able to look down upon people experiencing lesser financial conditions. They cannot acknowledge even to themselves their fears of improving the financial conditions of others would consequentially reduce their own social status. That’s the essence of personal and political opposition to the FMW rate. ...

Products “Market prices” are affecting by various factors. Enforcement of government laws affecting regarding trade or contracts regarding a product, is often such a price affecting factor. Those using the term ‘market rates” applicable to a legally enforced minimum wage rate within a marketplace, are referring to a theoretical, indefinite, (i.e. not actually existing) price that excludes governments’ minimum wage laws as not existing.

Regardless of some persons preferences, governments’ minimum wage laws are existing factors applicable within marketplaces. Respectfully, Supposn

Why so much angst about the bottom 1-2% of hourly workers?

Toddsterpatriot, Congressional Budget Office’s , (i.e. CBO's) reports regarding the federal minimum wage rate indicate although it legally requires no less than the precise minimum rate, increases of that minimum rate substantially affect all USA’s lower wage rates. CBO considered anything less than $20 per hour in 2018, as being lower wage rates. That entails much more than 1 or 2% of USA’s entire work force. Respectfully, Supposn

...if you are a dumbass, you don't deserve a minimum wage--you can give stupid people a $50 minimum wage and they will still be poor
Harmonica, "We all do better when we all do better". Respectfully, Supposn
Minimum wage is an issue of character.
The essence of personal and political opposition to the FMW rate. ...
... A great proportion of minimum rate opponents lack self-esteem. They need whatever affirmation of their own worth that they can derive by being able to look down upon people experiencing lesser financial conditions. They cannot acknowledge even to themselves their fears of improving the financial conditions of others would consequentially reduce their own social status. That’s the essence of personal and political opposition to the FMW rate. ...
.....you obviously don't understand.....you can give these idiots 10 million dollars!! and they will still be poor= they are stupid-
---there, in BIG letters
financially/mentally/socially
..if you have the brains to do ''advanced'' work, you should get ''advanced'' pay

Bear513, to the extent of its purchasing power, the federal minimum wage rate reduces poverty among our working-poor. Respectfully, Supposn

..that money should go to education--and familial education
...the BIG problem with poverty is ''kids'' having kids when they are not financially or mentally ready AND graduation rates

here--education!!!
a lot of these '''''poooor''' people are concentrating on the police!!!!!!!!!!! and not the REAL problem = education = they are idiots

So a rising tide does lift all boats.

Toddsterpatriot, Congressional Budget Office’s , (i.e. CBO's) reports regarding the federal minimum wage rate indicate although it legally requires no less than the precise minimum rate, increases of that minimum rate substantially affect all USA’s lower wage rates. CBO considered anything less than $20 per hour in 2018, as being lower wage rates. That entails much more than 1 or 2% of USA’s entire work force. Respectfully, Supposn

What about all those who have had to go to school to reach 20 bucks an hour?
Do you think it's fair to those people?
Of course it isnt. They now need to be paid more than twice than that to make it right.
What do you think thats going to do to prices across the board?
Take a Nurse for example. Many of them dont make more than 20 bucks an hour. To be fair as you liberals claim she/he is now worth 40 bucks and hour.

Forum List

Back