Mini EZ Was in First Grade on 9/11

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
She doesn't really remember what went on that day, but today she came home from school and her Comparative Religion teacher had shown the class a video he made about that day. It really moved her and helped her realize what happened on 9/11, and how it changed our country, and the world.

Then he recommended they watch United 93, so after she was done with her homework she watched that tonight. She said she kept thinking the people on the plane WERE going to save everyone, even though she knew the outcome. She was moved by that movie, and all of the events of that day of course.

She was 6 when it happened, and 16 now. Yet to her, it's something she's learning about, as many children will through-out their lives.

Today I am spending time with my family; my daughter, my fiance, his daughter and his mom. The sun is out, I hear planes overhead, the cats are sleeping by the window, the grill is getting warmed up, and the windows are open. THIS is what's important, and no terrorist can take away our freedoms. Live Life Folks, today, and always.

God Bless America.

Please cook my hot dogs until they are nice and crispy on the outside... A couple of hot dogs and a cold beer will keep me happy today. That, and a few behind the ear scratches. Thank you EZ.

My boy's first day of pre-k was on 9/11. I dropped him off, then my husband called and said to go pick him up because there was still a plane missing and we aren't that far from a major airport. I remember it taking six hours for my husband to drive home from the upper east side. And we could smell the smoke from the terrace.

Yesterday, they were asked to write about 9/11 but the kids really didn't remember anything. So the teacher spent the time talking about what happened.

What I remember most vividly about that day was how perfect the weather was.

Like Jillian, my youngest's first day of pre-K was on 9/11. It was a shortened class day where the parents stayed, it lasted for about an hour maybe an hour and half.

On the drive in I turned on the newsradio station because the clock in the car was wrong and I wanted to make sure of the time. Peter Jennings was on, talking about a plane crash but it was 8:50 or 8:55 and everything was just happening. I kept thinking that today must be some anniversary of something I don't know about and they're replaying a broadcast. Then I got that a plane crashed into WTC1 and my thought was that it was a little plane and how the hell does someone hit the WTC, were they blind? I didn't get a true sense of what was happening and they didn't have a tv on at the school. In hindsight I really, really wish I had said something so they turned the tv on. When we got home around 10:30 or so I knew what was happening from listening to the radio. The tv went on and never went off.

I asked my youngest (who was 4 1/2 at the time) if she remembered anything about it. She said she remembered everything because we sat and watched it all unfolding on tv. It never occurred to me to not have her watch it, no matter how awful. It was a game-changer and it was happening to her world too.

We live near a small airport and what I remember most from that day and for weeks following is the deathly silence in the air because no planes were allowed to fly. You get used to hearing the little planes (and big copters sometimes) and the silence was just awful. I also remember the first commercial plane I saw after 9/11, when they were finally able to fly. It looked like a missle with wings to me because that's exactly how they were used. Those poor people on the plane . . . the buildings . . . how horrifying for them.

Mini EZ Was in First Grade on 9/11

I was in 3rd........
(Shouldn't this post be in the liars thread........)

Forum List

Back