Millions Starving to death in Yemen, and Billions being spent on Mars probes and rovers and plans to go back to the Moon. This is insane.!!?

Before we start spreading more money around to feed other countries, let's drop some coin here at home.

As for space exploration, hell yes. Money well spent. It's just too bad we've become such a risk adverse nation since the heady days of Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo...

It's tragic what is happening in Yemen.....a horrible foreign policy move by Obama/Biden admin, that left the nation in a civil war backed by Iranian terrorist.

Trump refused to totally bail on these people, that were left in harms way by Obama/Biden.....and now, Biden takes the Oval, and turns the nation over to the Iranians, so the people are now starving and suffering....just tragic...but typical of leftist regimes, in particular those owned by Iran

Biden won't turn Yemen over to Iran. Yemen has had civil strife and poverty for 70 years. First the Communists fought the Monarchists.. Now its Al Houthis, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram and other radicalized groups. You probably should learn something about Yemen. They were NOT abandoned by Obama.
by turning his back on the Govt, he is handing over the country to the Iranian backed terrorist.

I didn't say Obama abandoned them...in fact, he and Biden's admin failed foreign policies are a large reason for the conflict.

“This strategy of taking out terrorists who threaten us, while supporting partners on the front lines, is one that we have successfully pursued in Yemen and Somalia for years,” Obama said

Yemen has been a lawless, dangerous place since I was a girl.. and that's a lifetime ago. The Saudis have supported them with healthcare, jobs, education, food, medicine, clean water and gasoline for decades. Obama was right and they struggled along for years until the al Houthis supported by Iran overthrew the government. The Saudis want them to be peaceful and prosperous. They don't want a failed state on their border.

I don't know that there is much the US or Europe can do to fix things. The various jihadi groups don't care about the deaths or starvation or disease or the collapse of literacy. I would continue to support the Saudis, help keep the Bab al Mandab open to shipping and hope for the best.

People are staving to death in Yemen, and we spend billions on Mars rovers, and we put money aside to go back to the Moon. Is this insanity ?!.
Have you asked yourself why people are starving to death in Yemen? Civil war. Not my war, I didn't foment it and I am not responsible, morally or financially, for every injustice done to people on this earth. If those people in Yemen want to get out of their predicament, do what every other discontented person does--change it. Your solution to hide your head in the sand and not investigate science that might advance all of mankind does no service to anyone.

Al Qaeda fleeing Afghanistan moved into Yemen, followed by Boko Haram, Al Shabaaz and assorted Somali pirates. And Iran funds the al Houthis who overthrew the government. Saudi Arabia fed Yemen for decades...
So this famine is Muslim caused

It's tragic what is happening in Yemen.....a horrible foreign policy move by Obama/Biden admin, that left the nation in a civil war backed by Iranian terrorist.

Trump refused to totally bail on these people, that were left in harms way by Obama/Biden.....and now, Biden takes the Oval, and turns the nation over to the Iranians, so the people are now starving and suffering....just tragic...but typical of leftist regimes, in particular those owned by Iran
Oh, so now we ARE responsible for helping Yemenis. Good to know. Trump dropped a lot of bombs in Yemen. Not much food, though.
Obama and Biden foreign policies got us in.....and screwed it all up......and now Biden is turning his back on the very people he helped put in harms way....sad

You don't know anything about Yemen.

Biden won't turn Yemen over to Iran. Yemen has had civil strife and poverty for 70 years. First the Communists fought the Monarchists.. Now its Al Houthis, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram and other radicalized groups. You probably should learn something about Yemen. They were NOT abandoned by Obama.
by turning his back on the Govt, he is handing over the country to the Iranian backed terrorist.

I didn't say Obama abandoned them...in fact, he and Biden's admin failed foreign policies are a large reason for the conflict.

“This strategy of taking out terrorists who threaten us, while supporting partners on the front lines, is one that we have successfully pursued in Yemen and Somalia for years,” Obama said

Yemen has been a lawless, dangerous place since I was a girl.. and that's a lifetime ago. The Saudis have supported them with healthcare, jobs, education, food, medicine, clean water and gasoline for decades. Obama was right and they struggled along for years until the al Houthis supported by Iran overthrew the government. The Saudis want them to be peaceful and prosperous. They don't want a failed state on their border.

I don't know that there is much the US or Europe can do to fix things. The various jihadi groups don't care about the deaths or starvation or disease or the collapse of literacy. I would continue to support the Saudis, help keep the Bab al Mandab open to shipping and hope for the best.
I don't disagree with you about the Saudis, and the issues facing Yemen.....Obama once called it a success and model....though...Obama/Biden had a horrible failed foreign policy, they created a mess, and now Biden is simply bailing on the people....as they starve....https://www.vox.com/2015/3/30/8309797/obama-yemen-model

Oh, so now we ARE responsible for helping Yemenis. Good to know. Trump dropped a lot of bombs in Yemen. Not much food, though.
Obama and Biden foreign policies got us in.....and screwed it all up......and now Biden is turning his back on the very people he helped put in harms way....sad

No, not at a lot, but I know about Obama/Biden's failed foreign policies.....https://www.vox.com/2015/3/30/8309797/obama-yemen-model

Well yeah, he got us in the mess
Yemeni Houthis started a civil war and Saudi Arabia and Trump bombed Yemen into the Stone Age because: Obama. Naturally. :113:
um....Obama bombed Yemen.....and the Iranian backed terrorist only got a foot hold and gained success because of Obama and Biden's failed foreign policies....do you really not remember how this all started?? Geez

No, not at a lot, but I know about Obama/Biden's failed foreign policies.....https://www.vox.com/2015/3/30/8309797/obama-yemen-model
Neat! So, to review:

The Houtis started a civil war, and Saudi Arabia and Trump obliterated the Yemeni infrastructure, leading to 4 years of ongoing famine and lack of clean water.

Because: Obama. :113:

Neat! So, to review:

The Houtis started a civil war, and Saudi Arabia and Trump obliterated the Yemeni infrastructure, leading to 4 years of ongoing famine and lack of clean water.

Because: Obama. :113:

Nope.. The al Houthi overthrew the government in 2015.. They have been dogging the Saudis since 2000..

Forum List

Back