Million mile+ batteries answer to vehicle pollution?

Not only do solar panels offer energy to offset the cost of cooling in the summer, but they keep your attic and home cooler by reflecting and absorbing a lot of the thermal energy from the sun. The wonderful absorptive properties of solar panels are just one of the many reasons why you should go solar.

What part of any radiation (read 200 J ) they take in is radiation that’s not being absorbed by the Earth is wrong?

How much of this energy is stored? ... yes, are refrigerators are cold inside, but the compressor will give you 1st degree burns ... all that hot water flows down your sewer line ... electric motors needs cooling fins so they don't catch fire ... arc welders melt iron ... the list goes on ... by-and-large, work performs by this energy in sunk as heat ... conservation of energy ...

Put them in a Tesla and let's see how far it goes ...
They are already in Tesla S's and they have been testing them for more than a year. On the present batteries, the Tesla S is capable of over 400 miles.
The new Tesla batteries will exceed a million mile life by a lot. And, as the new terafactories start production, they will go head to head with ICE vehicles on price, while exceeding them in all other areas. This will eliminate most of our transportation pollution;

Until the Tesla batteries meet what they currently claim, which they don't, I won't be humping his leg.

Since you are someone that has consistently made fun of Tesla's claims, only to have Tesla exceed it's own claims, I think that Elon has a much better grip on reality than you do.

Tesla has never once performed as claimed. In real world tests the best they have obtained is 80% of claimed performance.

So the real world says no.

As usual you post your opinions without any evidence; your opinions have become both tedious and in many cases ludicrous. You have the mind of a luddite.

In areas covered by solar panels, less solar radiation gets absorbed by the Earth, because it gets absorbed by the solar panels (and converted to electricity) instead. Widespread installation of solar panels would decrease absorption of solar radiation by up to 19% in desert areas, the researchers found.

What part of any radiation (read 200 J ) they take in is radiation that’s not being absorbed by the Earth is wrong?

How much of this energy is stored? ... yes, are refrigerators are cold inside, but the compressor will give you 1st degree burns ... all that hot water flows down your sewer line ... electric motors needs cooling fins so they don't catch fire ... arc welders melt iron ... the list goes on ... by-and-large, work performs by this energy in sunk as heat ... conservation of energy ...
Doesn't matter. It will eventually get used to perform work with some heat loss.

What part of any radiation solar panels take in is radiation that’s not being absorbed by the Earth is wrong?

Not only do solar panels offer energy to offset the cost of cooling in the summer, but they keep your attic and home cooler by reflecting and absorbing a lot of the thermal energy from the sun. The wonderful absorptive properties of solar panels are just one of the many reasons why you should go solar.

I would expect a new building code requirement that builders install solar panel pylons on the roofs ... fairly easy in both new construction and when replacing a roof ... the biggest expense would be pulling a building permit, the pylons and flashing costs are trivial to a typical re-roofing operation ...

In areas covered by solar panels, less solar radiation gets absorbed by the Earth, because it gets absorbed by the solar panels (and converted to electricity) instead. Widespread installation of solar panels would decrease absorption of solar radiation by up to 19% in desert areas, the researchers found.

That's only if we completely cover the desert ... 10,000 sq miles? ... that's not even synopic scale ... a single small cyclone has 10 times the effect ...

I showed you the math ... the difference in the fourth roots is only 0.04 ... ridiculously small ...

I would expect a new building code requirement that builders install solar panel pylons on the roofs ... fairly easy in both new construction and when replacing a roof ... the biggest expense would be pulling a building permit, the pylons and flashing costs are trivial to a typical re-roofing operation ...
Me too. Can't wait for the predictable surprises. They will probably be venting methane into the atmosphere to combat global cooling by the end of the century.

That's only if we completely cover the desert ... 10,000 sq miles? ... that's not even synopic scale ... a single small cyclone has 10 times the effect ...
My only point is that widespread use of solar panels is not without consequences. It should be obvious that capturing radiation from the sun that used to strike the earth's surface will result in less radiation reaching the earth's surface.

My only point is that widespread use of solar panels is not without consequences. It should be obvious that capturing radiation from the sun that used to strike the earth's surface will result in less radiation reaching the earth's surface.

Almost all the environmental damage caused by solar panels is the concrete used as footings ... no, we cannot observe the reduction of solar radiation due to solar panels ... the effect is well within instrumentation error ... we can't measure it, therefore it's not subject to investigation by science ... yours is strictly a philosophical argument ...

I'm speaking about solar farms ... buildings themselves already prevent solar radiation from reaching the ground ... see how dark it is in your foundation crawl space? ... also notice how much concrete is used to build your home ... kinda like cutting off your hand when your fingernails need trimmed ...

I posted the numerical values ... any comments on those? ...

Almost all the environmental damage caused by solar panels is the concrete used as footings ... no, we cannot observe the reduction of solar radiation due to solar panels ... the effect is well within instrumentation error ... we can't measure it, therefore it's not subject to investigation by science ... yours is strictly a philosophical argument ...

I'm speaking about solar farms ... buildings themselves already prevent solar radiation from reaching the ground ... see how dark it is in your foundation crawl space? ... also notice how much concrete is used to build your home ... kinda like cutting off your hand when your fingernails need trimmed ...

I posted the numerical values ... any comments on those? ...
I don't see how I am making a philosophical argument. First of all it can be solved through inspection. Solving through inspection is not philosophical. Secondly, there are already studies which show the cooling effect solar panels have on their surroundings. Any radiation solar panels take in is radiation that’s not being absorbed by the Earth is not a philosophical argument.

Given the 2C reduction in temperature that was observed your numbers are clearly wrong.

They are already in Tesla S's and they have been testing them for more than a year. On the present batteries, the Tesla S is capable of over 400 miles.
The new Tesla batteries will exceed a million mile life by a lot. And, as the new terafactories start production, they will go head to head with ICE vehicles on price, while exceeding them in all other areas. This will eliminate most of our transportation pollution;

Until the Tesla batteries meet what they currently claim, which they don't, I won't be humping his leg.

Since you are someone that has consistently made fun of Tesla's claims, only to have Tesla exceed it's own claims, I think that Elon has a much better grip on reality than you do.

Tesla has never once performed as claimed. In real world tests the best they have obtained is 80% of claimed performance.

As usual you post your opinions without any evidence; your opinions have become both tedious and in many cases ludicrous. You have the mind of a luddite.

No, I have the mind of a scientist. I am all in favor of EV's when they are more efficient than that which they replace. Currently they are not even close. Hybrids close the gap, but the expense of battery production, and the pollution their production creates are far more than fossil fuels.

Your problem is you are a scientific illiterate. You truly know nothing about the subject.

No, I have the mind of a scientist. I am all in favor of EV's when they are more efficient than that which they replace. Currently they are not even close. Hybrids close the gap, but the expense of battery production, and the pollution their production creates are far more than fossil fuels.

Your problem is you are a scientific illiterate. You truly know nothing about the subject.

cant close the gap without trying,,, give it time,,,

Which I am all in favor of. What I do not support is mandating people be forced to use less efficient energy sources in the name of politics.

Which I am all in favor of. What I do not support is mandating people be forced to use less efficient energy sources in the name of politics.

absolutely,,,

I am all in favor of EV's when they are more efficient than that which they replace.

Free EV charging stations are common around here ... businesses install them to bring in more business ... God knows how I love BPA ...

That's not what I am talking about. I am talking about the production of the components. An EV is more polluting to make than a ICE powered vehicle. When the battery dies, it is a toxic mess.

Where do the dead batteries go? And at what cost. You are looking at a very narrow part of the issue. I am looking at the whole thing.

I am all in favor of EV's when they are more efficient than that which they replace.

Free EV charging stations are common around here ... businesses install them to bring in more business ... God knows how I love BPA ...

That's not what I am talking about. I am talking about the production of the components. An EV is more polluting to make than a ICE powered vehicle. When the battery dies, it is a toxic mess.

Where do the dead batteries go? And at what cost. You are looking at a very narrow part of the issue. I am looking at the whole thing.

there are several recycling methods that are being worked,, its another of the give them time scenarios,,,

Forum List

Back