Million mile+ batteries answer to vehicle pollution?

You could get the same emissions with better efficiency (no line loses) using IC engines converted for natural gas.

They are burning something to generate electricity, you know.
No, I don't know. Here in the Northwest, most of our electricity is hydro power, and we are steadily installing more wind and solar. Plus the cost for home solar and storage is steadily coming down, which means most can make their own power for their EV's.
Can't think of a better way to usher in the next ice age than widespread use of solar.
Now just tell me the logic of that?
Any radiation they take in is radiation that’s not being absorbed by the Earth.

The new Tesla batteries use very little cobalt. Of course this has been going on for years but it only concerns you when EV's are involved.

Cobalt is a common by-product of iron mining ... what fncceo is referencing is the Lanthanide and Actinide metals ... the mining of which involves child slaves in impoverished third-world countries ... along the lines of "blood diamonds" ... I don't know how much of these types of materials are used in EV's, I thought the major market was for these new fangled telephones ...

EV's do use a lot of Lithium, and that's not particularly abundant ... the Antiplano is a major source with relatively higher social standards for employees ...

No one's making an EV puck-up truck ... fer the dawg ...
Not sure when they are coming out but it sounds like it will be soon.
[/QUOTE]

Putting a 1/2 ton of batteries on a 1/2-ton chassis kinda defeats the purpose of a pick-up ... how many miles towing a 6 ton trailer? ...

What they'll come out with is a Chick Truck, with little Tinkerbell stickers on it ... pink streamers on the rear-view mirrors ... I want a Man Truck, something I can dump 1-1/2 tons of bricks in and not have the suspension bounce ... like in the commercials ... figure a 450 cu in equivalent ...

You could get the same emissions with better efficiency (no line loses) using IC engines converted for natural gas.

No, I don't know. Here in the Northwest, most of our electricity is hydro power, and we are steadily installing more wind and solar. Plus the cost for home solar and storage is steadily coming down, which means most can make their own power for their EV's.
Can't think of a better way to usher in the next ice age than widespread use of solar.
Now that is about one stupid comment. The energy that the solar panels absorb and convert to electricity, is eventually expressed as heat. In the resistance of the conductors, heat generated by the motors, friction generated by the work done by the motors.

No one's making an EV puck-up truck ... fer the dawg ...
Not sure when they are coming out but it sounds like it will be soon.

Putting a 1/2 ton of batteries on a 1/2-ton chassis kinda defeats the purpose of a pick-up ... how many miles towing a 6 ton trailer? ...

What they'll come out with is a Chick Truck, with little Tinkerbell stickers on it ... pink streamers on the rear-view mirrors ... I want a Man Truck, something I can dump 1-1/2 tons of bricks in and not have the suspension bounce ... like in the commercials ... figure a 450 cu in equivalent ...
Dunno. My buddy has been talking about trading in his Raptor when they come out. I think he's nuts.

Now that is about one stupid comment. The energy that the solar panels absorb and convert to electricity, is eventually expressed as heat. In the resistance of the conductors, heat generated by the motors, friction generated by the work done by the motors.
Is it?

I don't believe you understand what you are talking about. I suspect you have never even considered this before.

I'm not making this up, dummy. Go research it yourself. Or not, I don't care if you remain ignorant.

The new Tesla batteries will exceed a million mile life by a lot. And, as the new terafactories start production, they will go head to head with ICE vehicles on price, while exceeding them in all other areas. This will eliminate most of our transportation pollution;

How are the batteries being charged, the tooth fairy? Apparently you absolutely no idea of how to put the energy riddle together. Something your useless liberal arts degree did not prepare you for. Start whit the battery in the car and work your way back to where the energy originated. Here's a tip, in most cases it's fossil fuel just like the shit standard cars run on only with far fewer steps involved to waste energy in needless and wasteful conversion processes.

Dunno. My buddy has been talking about trading in his Raptor when they come out. I think he's nuts.

Yeah ... Raptor is a total Chick Truck ... let me guess ... 5'-6" bed? ...
Don't know. Looks pretty normal. It's a nice truck. Definitely not a work truck. I'd drive one but not the sissy 3.6L version. I want the big block.

The new Tesla batteries use very little cobalt. Of course this has been going on for years but it only concerns you when EV's are involved.

Cobalt is a common by-product of iron mining ... what fncceo is referencing is the Lanthanide and Actinide metals ... the mining of which involves child slaves in impoverished third-world countries ... along the lines of "blood diamonds" ... I don't know how much of these types of materials are used in EV's, I thought the major market was for these new fangled telephones ...

EV's do use a lot of Lithium, and that's not particularly abundant ... the Antiplano is a major source with relatively higher social standards for employees ...
Oh bullshit. Lithium is very abundant, just kind of refractory in most natural compounds. However, in the McDermitt Caldera in Neveda and Oregon, there is enough lithium to power almost every car in the US. And Tesla owns ten thousand acres of that deposit.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that if you use solar panels to capture energy that that energy is not available to heat the earth and radiate heat back into the atmosphere. Seems like something that should be pretty self evident.

Oh bullshit. Lithium is very abundant, just kind of refractory in most natural compounds. However, in the McDermitt Caldera in Neveda and Oregon, there is enough lithium to power almost every car in the US. And Tesla owns ten thousand acres of that deposit.
You're a true believer, aren't you?

The new Tesla batteries will exceed a million mile life by a lot. And, as the new terafactories start production, they will go head to head with ICE vehicles on price, while exceeding them in all other areas. This will eliminate most of our transportation pollution;

How are the batteries being charged, the tooth fairy? Apparently you absolutely no idea of how to put the energy riddle together. Something your useless liberal arts degree did not prepare you for. Start whit the battery in the car and work your way back to where the energy originated. Here's a tip, in most cases it's fossil fuel just like the shit standard cars run on only with far fewer steps involved to waste energy in needless and wasteful conversion processes.

Sheesh. LOL I guess you have not left the 1970's. The majority of electrical generation being built today is renewables. And it is much cheaper than the fossil fuel alternatives, Far, far cheaper than nuclear. And with grid scale energy storage, it is 24/7.

1606434652064.png

Instead of posting nonsense, back up what you claim. You can easily find the Tesla Battery Day on Youtube, and see what they are doing with their new battery.

The damage from the resources that are needed to create these batteries are never discussed and should be...

Instead of posting nonsense, back up what you claim. You can easily find the Tesla Battery Day on Youtube, and see what they are doing with their new battery.
It is a well known FACT that any radiation solar panels take in and convert into electricity is radiation that’s not being absorbed by the Earth.

Wake the fuck up, dummy.

Forum List

Back