Military takes out Anwar al-Awlaki

OMG!

Thank you sooooooo much for posting this, Pilgrim!

Good job! Good deal.

Our Intel community and military rock!

And, thank you Mr. President for not dismantling or interfering with them so that they can get great results like this.

Allowing?

The President is the Commander in Chief of the military. He's the top of the food chain. Orders come from the President.

Read your constitution.

This "bystander" charge is complete nonsense..and bullshit.
What bystander charge?

Look, Obama has no - that's absolute zero - military, defense, and intel experience. That's a cold, hard fact.

He is doing the right thing - the wise thing - by staying out of their way.

So, good on our intel community and good on our military for this.

And, good on Obama for staying out of their way.

Last edited:
Allowing?

The President is the Commander in Chief of the military. He's the top of the food chain. Orders come from the President.

Read your constitution.

What bystander charge?

Look, Obama has no - that's absolute zero - military, defense, and intel experience. That's a cold, hard fact.

No..he's not "staying out of the way". He completely changed policy. George W. Bush dismantled the unit hunting for Bin Laden. Obama put it back together again. He made a promise during the campaign to hunt down and kill Bin Laden. He did that. That was HIS policy.

And he's changed the focus of the military. He went from George W Bush's WWII strategy of going after the "Axis of Evil" to a smarter policy of using spook ops to hunt down terrorists. It's working. And working well.

He owns it. It's his. No one else's. :clap2:

Allowing?

Read your constitution.

What bystander charge?

No..he's not "staying out of the way". He completely changed policy. George W. Bush dismantled the unit hunting for Bin Laden.

Bullshit, until there's a link.

Obama put it back together again. He made a promise during the campaign to hunt down and kill Bin Laden. He did that. That was HIS policy.

Yes he did and that's good.

.... And he's changed the focus of the military. He went from George W Bush's WWII strategy of going after the "Axis of Evil" to a smarter policy of using spook ops to hunt down terrorists. It's working. And working well.

And, as he at least knows he has ZERO intel, military, and defense experience, he is staying the fuck out of their way and letting those who DO know what they are doing, do their job.

That's a good thing, in case your out-of-control emotions over-react again.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The left is loudly complaining that we took out an American citizen (by birth) without the due process guaranteed by the Constitution.

So why wasn't Awlaki stripped of his citizenship. Bush had no problem doing it to Adam Ghadan. Ghadan was also tried in absentia and found guilty of treason.

If we did that, the left couldn't whine about taking out an American citizen, that's why.

The left is loudly complaining that we took out an American citizen (by birth) without the due process guaranteed by the Constitution.

So why wasn't Awlaki stripped of his citizenship. Bush had no problem doing it to Adam Ghadan. Ghadan was also tried in absentia and found guilty of treason.

If we did that, the left couldn't whine about taking out an American citizen, that's why.

I don't care if he was an American, this clown was involved with a terrorist organization trying to kill Americans. He deserved this fate.

I don't care if he was an American, this clown was involved with a terrorist organization trying to kill Americans. He deserved this fate.
I don't care, either. Bad is bad, regardless of citizenship.

Let's not forget the bust of that "American" clown earlier this week who was pleased that US Soldiers and Marines were killed in A-stan and who had a tangible and concrete plan in place to bomb the Pentagon with RC aircraft as drones. Another POS busted and prevented from terrorism.

:thup:

Let's not forget the bust of that "American" clown earlier this week who was pleased that US Soldiers and Marines were killed in A-stan and who had a tangible and concrete plan in place to bomb the Pentagon with RC aircraft as drones. Another POS busted and prevented from terrorism.

I truly believe Americans who go overseas to take up arms against this country and fight alongside terrorists need to be stripped of their citizenship.

I truly believe Americans who go overseas to take up arms against this country and fight alongside terrorists need to be stripped of their citizenship.
While my emotions agree, I could never support that. I don't want the government to have ANY precedent to strip citizenship - and our inherent rights because of that - from anyone who already has it.

I totally understand your sentiment and position, though.

While my emotions agree, I could never support that. I don't want the government to have ANY precedent to strip citizenship - and our inherent rights because of that - from anyone who already has it.

Adam Gadahn had his citizenship stripped though, how did that happen?

I didn't know that his citizenship was stripped. I do know that he has been indicted for treason, but not yet tried.

But, I didn't know about his being stripped of citizenship. If he was, I don't agree with that...he has yet to be even tried.

I didn't know that his citizenship was stripped. I do know that he has been indicted for treason, but not yet tried.

But, I didn't know about his being stripped of citizenship. If he was, I don't agree with that...he has yet to be even tried.

I saw a poster on here say he was stripped of his citizenship, I tried to search for more on it but couldn't find anything, all it says was he was charged with treason. There are reports this guy may be dead now.

Forum List

Back