Military takes out Anwar al-Awlaki

Adam Gadahn had his citizenship stripped though, how did that happen?
I didn't know that his citizenship was stripped. I do know that he has been indicted for treason, but not yet tried.

But, I didn't know about his being stripped of citizenship. If he was, I don't agree with that...he has yet to be even tried.

I saw a poster on here say he was stripped of his citizenship, I tried to search for more on it but couldn't find anything, all it says was he was charged with treason. There are reports this guy may be dead now.
Yeah. Cool. That's what I found, too.

But, holy shit! Look at this: http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/141813-anwar-al-awlaki-invited-to-pentagon-after-9-11-terrorist-or-pentagon-cia-asset.html

Still digesting this info.

I didn't know that his citizenship was stripped. I do know that he has been indicted for treason, but not yet tried.

But, I didn't know about his being stripped of citizenship. If he was, I don't agree with that...he has yet to be even tried.

I saw a poster on here say he was stripped of his citizenship, I tried to search for more on it but couldn't find anything, all it says was he was charged with treason. There are reports this guy may be dead now.

But, holy shit! Look at this: http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/141813-anwar-al-awlaki-invited-to-pentagon-after-9-11-terrorist-or-pentagon-cia-asset.html

From what I understand Awlaki wasn't preaching Militant Islam until 2004 when he returned to Yemen, in 2001 after 9/11 he was not a terrorist.

From what I understand Awlaki wasn't preaching Militant Islam until 2004 when he returned to Yemen, in 2001 after 9/11 he was not a terrorist.
But, apparently he was invited to the Pentagon in November 2009. A lot of this is not making sense.

But, apparently he was invited to the Pentagon in November 2009. A lot of this is not making sense.

Are you serious?

What bystander charge?

Look, Obama has no - that's absolute zero - military, defense, and intel experience. That's a cold, hard fact.

He is doing the right thing - the wise thing - by staying out of their way.

So, good on our intel community and good on our military for this.

And, good on Obama for staying out of their way.

No..he's not "staying out of the way". He completely changed policy. George W. Bush dismantled the unit hunting for Bin Laden.

Bullshit, until there's a link.

Obama put it back together again. He made a promise during the campaign to hunt down and kill Bin Laden. He did that. That was HIS policy.

Yes he did and that's good.

.... And he's changed the focus of the military. He went from George W Bush's WWII strategy of going after the "Axis of Evil" to a smarter policy of using spook ops to hunt down terrorists. It's working. And working well.

And, as he at least knows he has ZERO intel, military, and defense experience, he is staying the fuck out of their way and letting those who DO know what they are doing, do their job.

That's a good thing, in case your out-of-control emotions over-react again.

:rolleyes:

Link?

How about a video?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o]Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version) - YouTube[/ame]

Okay okay..here's the link..

CIA disbands Bin laden unit | World news | The Guardian

Nearly five years after George Bush vowed to bring Osama bin Laden to justice "dead or alive", it's the end of the line for the CIA's Alec Station, the unit dedicated to the hunt for the al-Qaida leader.

The unit, named after the son of a counter-terror official, was disbanded last year, it emerged this week, and its agents reassigned in what intelligence officials described as a recognition of the changing nature of al-Qaida.

And it doesn't matter about the "zero" bullshit. Seems he's a quick study. Far better then the guy before him.

:eusa_shhh:

I don't care if he was an American, this clown was involved with a terrorist organization trying to kill Americans. He deserved this fate.
I don't care, either. Bad is bad, regardless of citizenship.

Let's not forget the bust of that "American" clown earlier this week who was pleased that US Soldiers and Marines were killed in A-stan and who had a tangible and concrete plan in place to bomb the Pentagon with RC aircraft as drones. Another POS busted and prevented from terrorism.

:thup:

I truly believe Americans who go overseas to take up arms against this country and fight alongside terrorists need to be stripped of their citizenship.

So it seems does the constitution.

It's called treason.

Although he hesitated to shake hands with women, he patronized prostitutes.[44] Al-Awlaki was arrested in San Diego in August 1996 and in April 1997 for soliciting prostitutes.[24][41][63][64] In the first instance, he pled guilty to a lesser charge on condition of entering an AIDS education program, and paying $400 in fines and restitution.[64] The second time, he pled guilty to soliciting a prostitute, and was sentenced to three years' probation, fined $240, and ordered to perform 12 days of community service.[64]

These Islamic radicals always say one thing, do another.

Anwar al-Awlaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Allowing?

The President is the Commander in Chief of the military. He's the top of the food chain. Orders come from the President.

Read your constitution.

This "bystander" charge is complete nonsense..and bullshit.

when something goes wrong, then obama will take the blame.

if something appears to go as intended, then he was just "not in the way".

No..he's not "staying out of the way". He completely changed policy. George W. Bush dismantled the unit hunting for Bin Laden.

And, as he at least knows he has ZERO intel, military, and defense experience, he is staying the fuck out of their way and letting those who DO know what they are doing, do their job.

Link?

How about a video?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o]Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version) - YouTube[/ame]

Nearly five years after George Bush vowed to bring Osama bin Laden to justice "dead or alive", it's the end of the line for the CIA's Alec Station, the unit dedicated to the hunt for the al-Qaida leader.

The unit, named after the son of a counter-terror official, was disbanded last year, it emerged this week, and its agents reassigned in what intelligence officials described as a recognition of the changing nature of al-Qaida.

And it doesn't matter about the "zero" bullshit. Seems he's a quick study. Far better then the guy before him.

Idiot.

Obama did not "put it back together again". Your own link shows that.

Here, RIF: " ... The unit, named after the son of a counter-terror official, was disbanded last year, it emerged this week, and its agents reassigned in what intelligence officials described as a recognition of the changing nature of al-Qaida.

"The reorganisation just reflects the understanding that the Islamic jihadist movement continues to diversify," an intelligence official said. ...." [Tuesday 4 July 2006 13.23 EDT]

Moron.

Although he hesitated to shake hands with women, he patronized prostitutes.[44] Al-Awlaki was arrested in San Diego in August 1996 and in April 1997 for soliciting prostitutes.[24][41][63][64] In the first instance, he pled guilty to a lesser charge on condition of entering an AIDS education program, and paying $400 in fines and restitution.[64] The second time, he pled guilty to soliciting a prostitute, and was sentenced to three years' probation, fined $240, and ordered to perform 12 days of community service.[64]

Yeah..these fucks are generally hypocrites of the highest order. The Saudi royal family frequents Vegas..getting hookers, drinking whiskey and gambling like crazy.

But they forbid it for everyone else.

In an airport lounge in Germany..I saw one of the Saudi royals, a kid, partying with a US marine from Kentucky on his way home from Iraq.

Amazing

Link?

How about a video?

Idiot.

Here, RIF: " ... The unit, named after the son of a counter-terror official, was disbanded last year, it emerged this week, and its agents reassigned in what intelligence officials described as a recognition of the changing nature of al-Qaida.

"The reorganisation just reflects the understanding that the Islamic jihadist movement continues to diversify," an intelligence official said. ...." [Tuesday 4 July 2006 13.23 EDT]

Moron.

:lol:

I got you what you asked for..

And results..like proof is in the pudding.

Bush didn't get Osama Bin Laden, Obama did.

'Nuff said.

Link?

How about a video?

Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version) - YouTube

Idiot.

Moron.

:lol:

I got you what you asked for..

And results..like proof is in the pudding.

Bush didn't get Osama Bin Laden, Obama did.

'Nuff said.
Yes, Obama did.

And, Obama did NOT "put [the unit] back together". That's just more bullshit that you posted hoping no one would check on it.

You have done that so often that now I ALWAYS check on what you post. For good reason, too.

Yeah..these fucks are generally hypocrites of the highest order. The Saudi royal family frequents Vegas..getting hookers, drinking whiskey and gambling like crazy.

But they forbid it for everyone else.

In an airport lounge in Germany..I saw one of the Saudi royals, a kid, partying with a US marine from Kentucky on his way home from Iraq.

Amazing

Apparently the Saudi Royal family turns a blind eye to this as long as it goes on outside of the Kingdom, the Saudis are not the only ones the rich Kuwaitis, Bahrainis, Qataris etc all behave the same way, I mean drinking and being with women is human nature for men, they just need to grow up, stop condemning it and move on, if they allowed drinking and fornicating in their countries things will be much better. Morocco and Lebanon are destination close to the Kingdoms where the rich Saudis go to play as well.

Allowing?

The President is the Commander in Chief of the military. He's the top of the food chain. Orders come from the President.

Read your constitution.

This "bystander" charge is complete nonsense..and bullshit.

He could have said "no" and not allowed it, he said "Go" and allowed it.

Are you just looking for something negative to say about my post?

And where the hell did I say anything about bystanders? Your a psycho :lol:

Last edited:
Am I the only american that has a problem with this?

Yes, he deserved to die, but at the cost of the 5th ammendment?

Am I the only american that has a problem with this?

Yes, he deserved to die, but at the cost of the 5th ammendment?
No, you're not.

I am on the fence with this. Initially, I was pleased - another POS terrorist pig dead.

Then more info came to light for me.

The lack of regard for an inherent right - the 5th - does not sit well with me at all.

Open Channel - Can U.S. legally kill a citizen overseas without due process?

There is another thread discussing it. http://www.usmessageboard.com/general/187406-assassinating-american-citizens-for-or-against.html

The left is loudly complaining that we took out an American citizen (by birth) without the due process guaranteed by the Constitution.

So why wasn't Awlaki stripped of his citizenship. Bush had no problem doing it to Adam Ghadan. Ghadan was also tried in absentia and found guilty of treason.

If we did that, the left couldn't whine about taking out an American citizen, that's why.

I don't have a problem with al-Awlaki being blown into little dust particles. I am a bit concerned about a US citizen being targeted for assassination by the US government. It opens an ugly potential for abuse. I think that many of us are glad al-Awlaki was taken out and aren't really obsessing over the fact that he was a US citizen. However, what happens the next time when it isn't so clear-cut but the US government decides to kill another US citizen?

The little piece of rationale I'm clinging to is that al-Awlaki certainly understood the risks when it was made public that the US was gunning for him. He certainly could have taken himself out of the game. Instead, he stayed on the battlefield and remained a fair target.

This case is pretty clear cut, but we need to be careful about how much trust we're going to put in the US government when it comes to labeling fellow citizens as combatants.

Was he even still a citizen or did he renounce his citizenship? Im not sure thats why I am asking.

On a side note, i heard his (al-awlaki) family is suing the US over the assasination but i'm not finding links right now so maybe its not true.

Forum List

Back