Military spending

Maggdy

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2015
TX.
My opinion it terrific waste of money, while people starve or live in misery in the world.

"World military expenditure in 2014 was an estimated $1776 billion. The total was equivalent to 2.3 per cent of world GDP. Total spending fell by 0.4 per cent in real terms between 2013 and 2014, the third consecutive year of falling global spending. Military spending fell in North America, Western and Central Europe, and Latin America & the Caribbean, but increased in Asia and Oceania, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa. China , Russia and Saudi Arabia all continued to make substantial increases in military expenditure. Saudi Arabia's 17 per cent increase was the highest of any country in the top 15 military spenders in 2014. Read more about recent trends in military expenditure for 2014 here."

The share of world military expenditure of the 15 states with the highest expenditure in 2014.png
World military expenditure 1988-2014.png

"The SIPRI military expenditure project was established in 1967 to study developments in world military expenditure. Military expenditure is an indicator of the economic resources devoted to military purposes. The project monitors and analyses trends in military expenditure over time, looking at their economic, political and security drivers and their implications for global peace, security and development."

© Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) Signalistgatan 9, SE-169 70 Solna, Sweden. Tel +46-8-655 97 00. Fax +46-8-655 97 33 Welcome to SIPRI — www.sipri.org

My opinion it terrific waste of money, while people starve or live in misery in the world.

"World military expenditure in 2014 was an estimated $1776 billion. The total was equivalent to 2.3 per cent of world GDP. Total spending fell by 0.4 per cent in real terms between 2013 and 2014, the third consecutive year of falling global spending. Military spending fell in North America, Western and Central Europe, and Latin America & the Caribbean, but increased in Asia and Oceania, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa. China , Russia and Saudi Arabia all continued to make substantial increases in military expenditure. Saudi Arabia's 17 per cent increase was the highest of any country in the top 15 military spenders in 2014. Read more about recent trends in military expenditure for 2014 here."

View attachment 64003 View attachment 64004

"The SIPRI military expenditure project was established in 1967 to study developments in world military expenditure. Military expenditure is an indicator of the economic resources devoted to military purposes. The project monitors and analyses trends in military expenditure over time, looking at their economic, political and security drivers and their implications for global peace, security and development."

© Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) Signalistgatan 9, SE-169 70 Solna, Sweden. Tel +46-8-655 97 00. Fax +46-8-655 97 33 Welcome to SIPRI — www.sipri.org

The world is not my concern

IMO our military expenditures are the biggest foreign aid donations we make.
It's time for us to spend less defending other countries when they refuse to defend themselves

I don't think Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen can take much more of that aid. Their cups runneth over.

I don't think Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen can take much more of that aid. Their cups runneth over.
I guess I made the mistake of thinking you were all smart enough to realize that I wasn't talking about countries with which we are actively militarily engaged but rather those where we spend billions every year merely stationing our soldiers to protect their borders.

It's time for us to spend less defending other countries when they refuse to defend themselves

Like Iraq, that was defending itself before Bush invaded?

We could always just go back to the 1930s model, and we know there was no misery or waste of money then.... right? Just let a dictator do whatever he wants, and as we all know, there was no misery or waste of money under hitler.

Yes, if we just cancel the military, everyone will live in absolute bliss.....

Bush invaded?

must have gone poorly for him, all by himself.

OOOO, you meant the Congress approved invasion

I get leftist lies mixed up, there's so fucking many of them

Bush invaded?

Wow, you're really out to twist and turn, aren't you? C-in-C of the armed forces at the time of the invasion of Iraq was.......? Who?

Bush invaded?

Wow, you're really out to twist and turn, aren't you? C-in-C of the armed forces at the time of the invasion of Iraq was.......? Who?

Which changes absolutely nothing of the truth he gave.

Bush didn't do anything alone. The Congress gave approval of everything. Just like we have video of democrats taking tours of the CIA water boarding facilities. You people just lie non-stop to support whatever ignorance you are pushing in the moment.

This might hurt your brain but I was always against the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and I never voted for Bush

Bush invaded?

Bush didn't do anything alone. The Congress gave approval of everything. Just like we have video of democrats taking tours of the CIA water boarding facilities. You people just lie non-stop to support whatever ignorance you are pushing in the moment.

I'm not lying at all. You're being very aggressive and seemingly unwilling to accept what I'm saying, don't push the bullshit on me.

My point is this. And I've said it a few times.

Bush and his team sent the CIA out to gain evidence of something, whether the evidence was real or partially real. We know this, it's been documented. No one else sent them out to do this in an unethical manner.
Then when the evidence was presented, both NSA and CIA evidence, Bush chose the evidence he knew to be tainted.
Then Bush twisted this evidence and then presented this evidence to people.

I'm not saying people were ignorant of what was going on in Iraq. What I'm saying is that Bush did something unethical. Other people did things and it wasn't necessarily great, but they worked within the system, Bush didn't.

You don't have to accept this, you can continue to get aggressive when people bring this up, you can see demons that aren't there, I don't care. This is a debate, if you choose to engage in the debate and act sensibly, then great, if not, you can just stop talking to me. Either way, your choice, but I won't accept this aggressive nonsense from you.

This might hurt your brain but I was always against the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and I never voted for Bush

Er... I never implied you had taken one side or another.

I was making a side point that US foreign policy is often counter productive.

Bush invaded?

I'm not lying at all. You're being very aggressive and seemingly unwilling to accept what I'm saying, don't push the bullshit on me.

Bush and his team sent the CIA out to gain evidence of something, whether the evidence was real or partially real. We know this, it's been documented. No one else sent them out to do this in an unethical manner.
Then when the evidence was presented, both NSA and CIA evidence, Bush chose the evidence he knew to be tainted.

I'm not saying people were ignorant of what was going on in Iraq. What I'm saying is that Bush did something unethical. Other people did things and it wasn't necessarily great, but they worked within the system, Bush didn't.

You don't have to accept this, you can continue to get aggressive when people bring this up, you can see demons that aren't there, I don't care. This is a debate, if you choose to engage in the debate and act sensibly, then great, if not, you can just stop talking to me. Either way, your choice, but I won't accept this aggressive nonsense from you.

If you thought what I said was "aggressive" then you you must be a delicate flower indeed

Bush invaded?

If you thought what I said was "aggressive" then you you must be a delicate flower indeed

And just because I think it's aggressive, doesn't mean I'm a "delicate flower", it just means I'm fed up of the continue bullshit on sites like this. You'd have thought that the internet, increased communication, would lead to more truth, the reality is it leads to more entrenched ideas that are complete and utter nonsense. Again, the bad side of things trumps the good side of things, and populism is even easier to manage now than it was in the 1930s.

Australia and United Arab Emirates in top 15 is suprises. Then still Germany strong.

Iraq force up to only Guerilla wars.

Also Islamic State come to Iraq.

From 200.000 to 300.000 soldiers.

Also IS was 100.000 men from start.

45/60 precents is killed.

Bush invaded?

What is this thread about?

fuck off poser, the dems have just as much blood on their hands.

Test me again and I'll drop history like a fucking bomb on you and send you off crying to msn for a safe room

Why should the rest of the free world defend themselves? The US pays for being the world's policeman in money and blood. It's nothing but military socialism.

That way the Europe can sit around arrogantly criticizing the US while they send their boy Barak Obama to places like Libya to do their dirty work for them.

They gave him a Nobel Peace Prize so how could he refuse?

My wish is that the US stops this. That way Europeans will be forced to either defend themselves or learn to speak Russian.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back