Military court rules "Bump Stocks," are not machine guns.....duh.....

Do you agree with the machine gun ban? Why do you think machine guns were banned? It was because of their rate of fire. Advances in technology have made that ban obsolete, because the rate of fire can be matched by newer designs, but the fact remains that machine guns were banned because of ther rate of fire. No other reason.
I agree with the Founders. I agree with the Constitution. I agree with the 2nd Amendment. No, I don't agree with any gun control law. I agree with putting violent criminals in prison for long periods of time; prisons without TV and basketball. I agree with punishing the criminal, not the law-abiding. Punish the act, not the tool.

Again, that was my point. The purpose is to limit the rate of fire, not any specific design. You were correct when you said (paraphrased) that somebody will always come up with some new way to get around specific design rules. The machine gun ban became obsolete as soon as the same rate of fire could be acheved by other means. If a gun is capable of firing faster than the determined limit, by whatever means, it should require some design that limits rate of fire. Problem solved.

You CAN'T. That's the point. No weapon is impossible to convert.

I agree with the Founders. I agree with the Constitution. I agree with the 2nd Amendment. No, I don't agree with any gun control law. I agree with putting violent criminals in prison for long periods of time; prisons without TV and basketball. I agree with punishing the criminal, not the law-abiding. Punish the act, not the tool.
You don't agree we should have laws, yet you claim to agree with the constitution. What a goofy little putz you are.

You CAN'T. That's the point. No weapon is impossible to convert.
That's exactly what I said wasteballs. That's why you require gun manufacturers to limit the speed that it will fire. Don't tell me they can't come up with a way to do that.

You don't agree we should have laws, yet you claim to agree with the constitution. What a goofy little putz you are.
I agree we should have laws. Those laws must comply with the Constitution; it's in the Constitution. You, and the left in general in all, don't agree with the Constitution.

Article VI, Clause 2:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

You don't get to just make up laws because you want them; they must follow the Constitution and the Constitution says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

So you want to nit pick. Yes, there are some legal machine guns, but only a tiny amount. dumb ass.
According to the BATFE, there are 175000 regulated guns and devices... that's not a tiny amount.

I don't know where this guy gets is numbers but it's an interesting look at where those weapons are owned. The map promised in the title isn't there but there are some interesting comments such as Washington DC having 62 NFA weapons per 1000 residents. Edit: I got the map to work; it didn't work in Tor browser. Edit 2: This article claims 3.6 million NFA items in the US. I don't know which is right but either number is not tiny.

Gun nuts think it says a lot more than it does.
you have that backwards,,

anti gun nuts thinks it says things it doesnt,,

the first 4 words make it clear its about military grade weapons and the last 4 clearly say you nor the government has a say in what I have,,,

but thanks for stopping by and making a fascist of yourself,,,

That's exactly what I said wasteballs. That's why you require gun manufacturers to limit the speed that it will fire. Don't tell me they can't come up with a way to do that.

And, for the umpteenth time, I can make a single shot rifle into a machine gun. Unlike you, i am smart and skilled with tools. There is NO way that you can magically put Pandora back in her box.

Bump stocks are not machine guns.....

And?

Military court rulings have no bearing on civilian courts, no bearing on state and local governments, no bearing on the Federal government.

Trump’s bump-stock ban remains in place.

Only because of the political realities involved.
If they knew they could do it w/o causing the Democrats the house/senate, they would.
In a heartbeat.
This is a lie.

Senate Democrats would vote against a new AWB just as they did in 2013 when they voted against the Manchin-Toomey legislation.

If Democrats oppose a UBC measure they’re certainly not going to support another AWB.

And, for the umpteenth time, I can make a single shot rifle into a machine gun. Unlike you, i am smart and skilled with tools. There is NO way that you can magically put Pandora back in her box.
Some individuals have always had the ability to make modifications, but that has nothing to do with what is legal and available over the counter. An illegally modified machine gun will still be an illegally modified machine gun. Banning the manufacture and sales of machine guns, as if they were any other gun was done for one reason, and one reason only. Their rate of fire was too high. Laws concentrating on how they were designed seemed like a good way to reduce the number of high firing guns on the street at the time, In time it proved to not solve the initial problem of an extremely high firing rate. If we ban bump stocks, someone will design something else that will do the same thing, only better. That's why we should do what should we didn't know to do from the start. Ban guns with the ability to rapid fire. Manufacturers can come up with any design they want, as long as it meets other applicable standards, and is not capable of exceptionally high firing rate. Yes, some people will still be able to illegally modify them just like they can now, I have no idea how they might limit the firing rate, but I also have no doubt that someone will know. When a gun is found with it's rate limiting ability bypassed, it would be the same as when they find a gun with an illegal DIAS now.

Some individuals have always had the ability to make modifications, but that has nothing to do with what is legal and available over the counter. An illegally modified machine gun will still be an illegally modified machine gun. Banning the manufacture and sales of machine guns, as if they were any other gun was done for one reason, and one reason only. Their rate of fire was too high. Laws concentrating on how they were designed seemed like a good way to reduce the number of high firing guns on the street at the time, In time it proved to not solve the initial problem of an extremely high firing rate. If we ban bump stocks, someone will design something else that will do the same thing, only better. That's why we should do what should we didn't know to do from the start. Ban guns with the ability to rapid fire. Manufacturers can come up with any design they want, as long as it meets other applicable standards, and is not capable of exceptionally high firing rate. Yes, some people will still be able to illegally modify them just like they can now, I have no idea how they might limit the firing rate, but I also have no doubt that someone will know. When a gun is found with it's rate limiting ability bypassed, it would be the same as when they find a gun with an illegal DIAS now.

I am trying to educate you....there IS no way to limit the firepower. Especially now with 3d printing.

Now even simpletons can do the manufacturing to bypass whatever law you decide to pass.

So, evil people will ignore your laws, and the innocent will suffer.

Forum List

Back